Page:  / 2
Next Page  
Author
Agent Of Entropy
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/19/2005 7:53:14 PM

THE IMAGE ABOVE IS A PAID ADVERTISEMENT

Originally Posted By WS4LIF:
So can we do an open carry meet? Maybe at the local mall?

Clackamas town center has a "no weapons, legal or illegal allowed" policy. Saw the sign today.

I hate malls.
"Here's to the most important armed force of all... YOU and ME!" -Ted Nugent

"Life is tough, but its tougher when you're stupid." -John Wayne

Sea Scout ship "City of Roses" www.sss601.org Portland, OR
ConcernedCitizen
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/19/2005 8:46:15 PM

Originally Posted By PromptCritical:

Originally Posted By WS4LIF:
So can we do an open carry meet? Maybe at the local mall?

Clackamas town center has a "no weapons, legal or illegal allowed" policy. Saw the sign today.

I hate malls.

No Guns, No Money!!!
NoAim
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/19/2005 9:15:39 PM

I hate malls.

I only go to Washington Square. They give out free See's candy there.
"Bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here, this stuff will make you a god damn sexual tyrannasaurus, just like me."
- Former Navy SEAL/wrestler/actor/Governor Jesse "The Body" Ventura

"Am I on the paper yet?"
BurntPocketHole
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/19/2005 9:50:27 PM

I hate malls.

Lloyd has a sign up for the holiday's. it has the malls rules of propper mall etiquite. First on the list is no weapons even if you have a license. ...I didnt notice it though.

back on task,
I asked a deputy at mult. co sherrifs office if it's legal to open carry, locked and loaded. he said yes. (but not always the wisest idea). my CHL class confused me a little on that and I thougt I read it somewhere that no mag could be in it, I musta been drinking drano again.
seven-six-two
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/19/2005 11:50:54 PM

Originally Posted By TaskyZZ:
The problem with open carry is that you run the risk of having some dumb cop point his gun at you. And having some dumb cop pointing his gun at you is just one step shy of some dumb cop accidentally shooting you.

Although I would imagine that were we to have an AR-toting picnic with about 50 participants in Pioneer Square, the "dumb cop" would take one look from his cruiser and tell himself "fuck that"!
NoAim
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/20/2005 12:20:47 AM
[Last Edit: 12/20/2005 12:21:09 AM by NoAim]

Originally Posted By seven-six-two:
Although I would imagine that were we to have an AR-toting picnic with about 50 participants in Pioneer Square, the "dumb cop" would take one look from his cruiser and tell himself "fuck that"!

And then call in the SWAT guys!

"The Freemen are marching on Portland!"
"Bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here, this stuff will make you a god damn sexual tyrannasaurus, just like me."
- Former Navy SEAL/wrestler/actor/Governor Jesse "The Body" Ventura

"Am I on the paper yet?"
seven-six-two
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/20/2005 12:43:33 AM
I suspect any called in "50 men with Assault rifles" would lead to a very "careful" assessment of the situation as opposed to the normal "OK, we have a nutcase with a handgun that probably doesn't work, holed up in this crack house." scenario.

pattymcn
Thank you ARFCOM!
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/20/2005 12:53:15 AM

Originally Posted By seven-six-two:
I suspect any called in "50 49 men and 1 woman with Assault rifles" would lead to a very "careful" assessment of the situation as opposed to the normal "OK, we have a nutcase with a handgun that probably doesn't work, holed up in this crack house." scenario.

Fixed it for you! I wouldn't miss that picnic for the world!
Once again, Patty proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that women are indeed
smarter than men. Originally posted by ARDunstan
TaskyZZ
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/20/2005 4:58:00 PM
[Last Edit: 12/20/2005 4:59:38 PM by TaskyZZ]
Here is a story along those lines. Some of you may have heard about this a couple months back.

Down here in Albany, my kids go to the Karate For Kids Tae Kwon Do school. The guy who owns the school is really nice guy, owns and operates a shooting range, NRA CHL instructor, and other stuff. Anyway, back to the story, he also teaches Krav Maga at the school.

One day, the Krav Maga class decides to hold their class outside the back of the school because it is very hot insidethe building. They are practicing disarming techniques with two big red fake guns. The guys are all wearing their black class uniforms (T-shirt and sweats) and gloves (small padded ones). Well, my understanding is that some people driving by noticed them back there and called the cops that there was gang fighting with guns in the alleyway.

The local police, Albany's finest :( , show up in force, and surround them from either side. At gun point, they make them all lay on the ground (even some of the particpants' children that were just watching). After seeing what was really going on, instead of apologizing for over reacting, they ticketed every single person out there and cuffed a few of them.

But the instructor of the class says he never felt so scared in his life as to have the local PD pointing guns at him. Even after it was very obvious to the police that they were just holding a self defence class.
Noxspector
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/20/2005 5:40:38 PM
[Last Edit: 12/20/2005 5:40:57 PM by Noxspector]
What did they get ticketed for?

TaskyZZ
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/20/2005 7:30:00 PM
Disturbing the peace or something really dumb like that.

Something like a $500 fine... It ended up that all but the instructor's fine was dropped.
Page:  / 2
Next Page  
ARCHIVED ARCHIVED