Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2017 11:33:45 PM EDT
Hey everyone. I have a FAL scope mount where the bottom of the mount is spot welded to the dust cover. The mount is for a SUIT sight and is proprietary so I can't just go and get a DS picatinny mount or something like that. The spot welds on one side of the mount broke leaving the mount too flexible to hold zero. Does anyone out there have a spot welder (like the ones used to weld AK rails) who could help reeled my mount?  Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 1:18:47 PM EDT
[#1]
If it were mine I'd remove it completely and then prep and clean the mating surfaces before rewelding.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 7:12:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd be fine with that.  I can drill out the existing welds and blast everything clean.  I don't have the welding skills to reweld the cover though.  Anyone on the forum able to help with that?
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 7:32:35 PM EDT
[#3]
PM sent
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 10:58:58 PM EDT
[#4]
It would help if we knew where you're located. I'm a welder and near Augusta.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 2:25:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm in Cumming
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 9:30:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a Miller 180 and not afraid to use it.

You know where I live.

How ever last suit I looked at didn't seem to have weldable metal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top