Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2017 11:38:37 PM EDT
My plans have changed and I now have Memorial Day weekend wide open.

I'm thinking about having a range day on Saturday May 27th.  Nothing fancy, just a day of shooting.  I know the htf is getting used to the nice shoots that have been the norm recently, but this won't be one of those.    There is no time to organize a nice luncheon, or make up t-shirts.  Nope.  Bring a sack lunch or dust off a MRE that's been sitting in your basement since Y2K .  There is talk about going out for some Mexican food after the shoot is over, but that is just talk at this point.  A few people have asked about camping.  I'd be open for a Saturday night camp out as well.  The weather may be warm, but I do have a new and improved out door shower that is ready to go.  

Where... Crawfordville.  Private property.  NFA friendly.  25-225 yards.  

Let me know if you are interested.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 12:15:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Ahh......,yeah.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 7:39:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I need to get out to one of these HTF shoots, but I'll be at Lake Hartwell that weekend.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 7:19:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Pvt0313 and I could possibly be there. We'd also stay Saturday night and since I gotta feed him anyway. Well, some of y'all know. 
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 6:50:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Interested.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 7:13:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Would really like to come out and see your place since you aren't that far from Madison. But we have a family birthday party to attend on that Saturday. Ya'll have fun!
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 3:39:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Interested .   And I may actually be able to make this one.

gd
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 9:01:03 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm interested too
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 9:54:14 AM EDT
[#8]
What time are y'all thinking about getting started? I'm a couple hours away.

Guessing this will be kid friendlyish? Have a 15yo and almost 12yo I'd like to bring.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 10:02:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What time are y'all thinking about getting started? I'm a couple hours away.

Guessing this will be kid friendlyish? Have a 15yo and almost 12yo I'd like to bring.
View Quote
My 13 year old will be with me. 
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 11:44:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Kids are welcome.  I even have a pre-ban swingset onsite that can be used when the range is cold.  If you have a child that would rather fish than shoot, there is a catch n release pond with some bass in it - that is about 3/4 mile away. (And I have permission to fish it).  (If that works as a bribe to get them to come out, use it!)

While I believe most of the shooters will look out for your kids, I do expect you to be responsible for your kids.  There will be several 'cool' guns there, and the owners are very good at letting others take a turn.  

The #1 goal is to have a safe, fun time.

I was out there this weekend and got all the mowing done.  There is a little clean up to do on the range, as it 'grows' in every spring time.  I got ~75% of that done with the tractor, but there will still be some hand work to do on Saturday.

The bugs are harsh right now.  gnats!  

It's going to be hot, so bring a cooler.  My 'fridge won't hold enough for everyone.

I have 2 pop up tents that we can use if needed to create a little shade.

Bring eyes and ears for everyone in your party.  

Time line....

I'll be driving out that morning.  The plan in my head is to load up at 6am, and be out there by 815.  In reality... don't get there before 9 am.  We will go hot as soon as the setup / prep work is done.  We will stay hot until 4-5pm (or until we run out of shooters wanting to use the line)  We will clean up when we go cold.

I'll post here when I am leaving home, then you will know that I will be there in 2 hours.  

Send me an IM if you need GPS coords.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 5:55:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Not gonna make it. Pvt has swim quals for camp. 
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:57:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Is the shoot still on for Saturday ??

gd
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:02:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Haven't heard GaHunter say otherwise so looks good.  I think he is just overworked this week so hasn't updated.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:07:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Haven't heard GaHunter say otherwise so looks good.  I think he is just overworked this week so hasn't updated.
View Quote
Need someone to IM directions to site .   Been along time and I need to be re-freshed .    Coming from Augusta area .   Just need exit number and name of the road .

I think I'll IM GAhunter too regarding exit and all.

gd
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:16:45 PM EDT
[#15]
IM sent
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:23:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'll be out about 11 AM but can't stay long, maybe a couple of mags. Draconis is sick so he can't make it this time. See ya'll tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 10:03:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Car is packed other than guns.  Should be there between 8:30 and 9am.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 10:41:58 PM EDT
[#18]
no change in plans.  

Looks like good weather.  

I'll check in here before I leave in the am.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 6:20:50 AM EDT
[#19]
leaving now

830 eta
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:39:51 AM EDT
[#20]
You guys have fun.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 11:48:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Was hoping to sneak out for the campfire after I got done working today.

However, my newly UGA graduated (geology) daughter, decided to come home for the weekend!

So, no campfires for me!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top