Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2017 9:38:47 AM EDT
I'm looking for a basic to semi-advanced First Aid class, close to the Southside of Atl.
I am getting re-certified in Red Cross CPR tonight and want to add to that knowledge. Haven't had any first aid training since Basic Training in '89. Anyone know of any classes coming up?
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 10:20:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 7:20:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm going to be offering one at TruPrep in June.   No......I ain't teaching it!   Buddy of mine is, he works out of a meat wagon at Grady.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 10:56:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Training is always good.

I would be looking for training for treating injuries from, vehicle accidents, edged weapons, gunshots, broken bones, seizures...

7mm
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 9:53:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm going to be offering one at TruPrep in June.   No......I ain't teaching it!   Buddy of mine is, he works out of a meat wagon at Grady.
View Quote
You got details Shep?
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 12:09:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I will soon!

I'll be setting up a table at TruPrep's event tomorrow, I'll finalize the details then.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 9:41:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I will soon!

I'll be setting up a table at TruPrep's event tomorrow, I'll finalize the details then.
View Quote
I'm interested in this too
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 10:55:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 11:44:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'm interested in this too
View Quote
http://mailchi.mp/truprep/8e7ht2va5o-2637401?e=29effc4007

10-2 tomorrow.  Free hotdogs, chips, drinks.  Stuff on sale.  Demos.  Stuff for kids like a bounce house, corn hole, s'mores, coloring contest, and pig rasslin.  Ok, we aren't really having pig rasslin but after all the kids are gone we might fill the bounce house with puddling and busty co-eds in bikinis from KSU.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 11:29:40 AM EDT
[#9]
The folks at The Complete Combatant are hosting Lone Star Medics (Caleb Causey) in September for Medicine X class.

At some point I will begin offering basic trauma care classes through First Person Safety.  The initial outlay for all of the supplies is pretty extensive.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 3:51:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Class date has been set for June 10 at TruPrep in Marietta.  I'll have the complete info up as soon as TruPrep advertises on their site.  

For those of y'all that can't wait, send me an email and give you an outline.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 2:15:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Slightly off topic. I'm curious what people who have advanced training and experience think of this product. Seems like a good thing to have, but I wouldn't know how to properly use half the stuff in it. Overcoming the ignorance kind of ties the topic back into this thread.

Micro Trauma kit
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 3:04:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Slightly off topic. I'm curious what people who have advanced training and experience think of this product. Seems like a good thing to have, but I wouldn't know how to properly use half the stuff in it. Overcoming the ignorance kind of ties the topic back into this thread.

Micro Trauma kit
View Quote
It doesn't appear to have a tourniquet.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 11:36:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Apply pressure, bleeding always stops
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 1:35:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top