Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2017 6:55:10 AM EDT
I relocated to Cumming a few months ago and have not had a chance to get the lay of the land yet.

My son is home from college and wants to shoot some clays. Are there any sporting clay ranges up here within a 1-1.5 hour drive that doesn't require a membership to shoot at?

I do have a clay thrower but prefer a range already set up where I can call clays from different points.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 6:58:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Etowah Valley Sporting Clays in Dawsonville, and Barnsley Gardens in Adairsville.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 9:01:38 AM EDT
[#2]
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=13ICYCQDmuftvjAmZqXaT7iQbF6Y&ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&ll=32.63937500000003%2C-83.49609399999997&spn=4.440011%2C7.03125&z=7&source=embed

cant get the hot link to work  You can also search for Georgia Sporting Clays Assoc.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 9:07:00 AM EDT
[#3]
May be a little farther than you want to drive but the Foxhall Resort has a bang up sporting clay range, trap and skeet too of course. It is in south Douglas county.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 6:59:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I second this.  I have shot sporting clays twice at Foxhall.  It is amazing.  Very well maintained, excellent scenery, and well run.  It is pricey, so call ahead and find out the price based on if you want to stay in one place, or rotate around the different target areas on golf carts.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
May be a little farther than you want to drive but the Foxhall Resort has a bang up sporting clay range, trap and skeet too of course. It is in south Douglas county.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 7:40:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks everyone for your input. I appreciate the quick responses.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 9:26:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Just now saw this.  Garland Mountain is in Waleska just outside of Canton, an easy run from Cumming.  Very nice facility.  Open to the public.

http://garlandmountain.com/
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 9:07:55 AM EDT
[#7]
I've been the Garland Mountain several times now.  It's an awesome facility and the folks who run it are really nice.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 6:02:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Went to Etowah Valley last week with my son.

Very nice place so thanks for the recommendation. I'll try a couple more on the list.

Again, thanks all for your input.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 4:15:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Elberton Gun Club

Maybe to far but pretty nice. Buddy was a member their and I use shoot IDPA their very often. Most folks make a day or weekend out of it. Seen guys come from the Atlanta area first thing in the morning and bring all of their toys and enjoy them all day. Start at the rifle range and work their way down to the trap range.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top