Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2017 10:33:03 PM EDT
Anyone been?
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 10:44:22 PM EDT
[#1]
On member here did a great write up. Google chief weems blog then rogers shooting school
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 6:13:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Several members here have been and some have achieved the Advanced rating.  JLW is the one that he's talking about.  

I've been once a long, long time ago as a guess for one day.  I passed the class.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 9:13:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 12:21:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Rogers is one of the absolute best shooting schools on the planet.

You WILL leave a better shooter!
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 6:03:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been and its worth going for any serious pistol shooter. Bring a 9mm with big mags.. I don't care how good you are with anything else because you're going to get tired of loading mags, reloading and the higher round count for a full week.

If you can pull off an advanced rating you're doing pretty well in my book.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 8:21:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Outstanding!   Been twice.   First was back in my cop days. Ran a stock G22 out of a Level 2 Safariland duty rig.  

Went again many years later running a SIG P229 .357SIG.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 9:41:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Great class. I went in 2010-2011 or so.

I'd recommend against doing any 'add ons' offered, such as the urban carbine class that they optionally add to the end of the training day.  I was so mentally fatigued at the end of each day that I didn't get much out of the carbine section.

I second the recommendation for 9mm and plenty of mags.  My buddy and I both shot .45s, and it was amazing watching the guys with Glocks with +2 base pads just shoot and shoot and shoot without having to reload.  We both bought G34s on our way home at the end of the week.

Last recommendation is to stay at Bill's lodge.  I stayed at Amicalola Falls, and the drive in and out every day made the training days longer and harder than necessary.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top