Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2016 5:27:42 PM EDT
Any ideas on removing this? I'd like to swap the barrel.

Link Posted: 8/18/2016 5:42:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Planning on reusing it?....Looks like it's threaded onto the barrel nut?....I imagine if you torque down on it the barrel but could try to turn before the handguard/barrel nut joint which could kink the gas tube....Maybe a sized punch wrapped in a towel, through the closest hole to the receiver to keep tge barrel nut from moving and then a strap wrench on the handguard after applying heat?

....I'm guessing here, and you may need more experienced input on it first, but that's what I'd try until I got pissed and got out the dremel and charge card.....
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 5:48:44 PM EDT
[#2]
The handguard will unscrew from the barrel nut. At that point, get an armors tool that has the two prongs on it and use that to take the barrel nut off. Pretty simply with those unless someone put locktite on the handguard threads.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 6:01:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 6:13:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Heat up the barrel but end of the handguard with a hair dryer for a few minutes. Put gloves on and try to unscrew it from the nut while it's still hot. Heat will expand the metal and also soften any thread locker that's in there.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 6:16:48 PM EDT
[#5]
ETA: Came right off.

I bought a DD 10.3 barrel in 5.56 off the EE to replace a 300 Whisper barrel. I wanted to make use of the upper. Now I'll end up replacing everything
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 10:41:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ETA: Came right off.

I bought a DD 10.3 barrel in 5.56 off the EE to replace a 300 Whisper barrel. I wanted to make use of the upper. Now I'll end up replacing everything
View Quote

Might as well throw a DD rail on it too MK18 master race

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 5:07:15 PM EDT
[#7]
how much do generic carbine gas tubes sell for at gun shops? Debating on ordering vs driving around town
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 4:54:37 AM EDT
[#8]
12-18 bucks depending on location
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top