Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2016 6:14:11 PM EDT
My Daughter is moving with her fiance down to our new home in Douglasville (South of Douglasville, near Fox Hall Country Club)

I can't move yet because of my parents health, so I am letting them move in and get established til we can get down there full time.  I work in Atlanta part time for my employer - like the region and love the home and the semi country location we got.  Definitely glad to get out of NY state - I've been in the country all my life and can't stand the draconian laws, taxes,  and libtardedness of NY.

I am looking for some advice for who are some good local doctors, decent auto mechanic shop(s) etc in and around Douglasville just for her to have just in case.

Advice is much appreciated.

Thank you.

Link Posted: 8/14/2016 8:01:28 PM EDT
[#1]
The best GP around is Dr. Moody. He's behind the post office in downtown Douglasville. Female type Doc would be Dr. Benton, she's near the hospital. Best pediatrician is Dr. Barrett. Near Walmart.

Good luck finding a decent mechanic. I'm not saying there isn't any, I just can't name one. Best body shop is Wrens's.

I was born and raised in South Douglas county. It sure has changed in my 45 years.

Link Posted: 8/14/2016 9:02:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Fox Hall's about 7 miles from me, as the crow flies. I live in N. Coweta county.

That area is about half way between Newnan and Douglasville.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 9:37:53 PM EDT
[#3]
One thing to add. Unless somethings changed she's close tonsils if the best biscuits around. The gas station at the round about has the best biscuits in the county.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 9:28:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My Daughter is moving with her fiance down to our new home in Douglasville (South of Douglasville, near Fox Hall Country Club)

I can't move yet because of my parents health, so I am letting them move in and get established til we can get down there full time.  I work in Atlanta part time for my employer - like the region and love the home and the semi country location we got.  Definitely glad to get out of NY state - I've been in the country all my life and can't stand the draconian laws, taxes,  and libtardedness of NY.

I am looking for some advice for who are some good local doctors, decent auto mechanic shop(s) etc in and around Douglasville just for her to have just in case.

Advice is much appreciated.

Thank you.
View Quote

She, and eventually you, will be in my neck of the woods.  Don't forget the other areas in the same proximity, Newnan and Carrollton are about the same distance as Douglasville from Foxhall.  For a new resident I would recommend looking for doctors in Carrollton, after you have spent more time here you will understand why.

Be sure to let her know to keep her gas tank full, you can't just run out to the store and be back in a few minutes. It is about half an hour to the closest grocery store from that area.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 10:41:24 AM EDT
[#5]
___.___
 (_]===*
 o 0

Link Posted: 8/15/2016 3:25:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Autoville at the intersection of Thornton Road and Bankhead highway is an honest mechanic. Jimmy is the owner - used him for years until I moved to Fayette.

For shopping, I would avoid Arbor Place and head to either Carrollton or Newnan. You could also hit The Avenues in Peachtree City.

There are several of us that grew up in Douglas County, so fire away.

Link Posted: 8/15/2016 6:26:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the input guys.

It is really helpful and nice to know there are fellow arfcommers in the area as its hard to know who to trust for such things.

I know about the tank of gas at all times -  ( I do that now anyways) But have to remind her.  

I've got to try the biscuits at the roundabout store - its just down the street and I've heard they are indeed great!

I like the area and when I move down, I am hopefully going to work only part time and try to enjoy the area and build a nice gun themed man cave I will then need a regular place to shoot too.

I see there are a few indoor ranges in the area and a pricey shotgun range at Foxhall.  

Link Posted: 8/15/2016 6:28:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It is really helpful and nice to know there are fellow arfcommers in the area as its hard to know who to trust for such things.

I know about the tank of gas at all times -  ( I do that now anyways) But have to remind her.  

I've got to try the biscuits at the roundabout store - its just down the street and I've heard they are indeed great!

I like the area and when I move down, I am hopefully going to work only part time and try to enjoy the area and build a nice gun themed man cave I will then need a regular place to shoot too.

I see there are a few indoor ranges in the area and a pricey shotgun range at Foxhall.  
View Quote
There's a indoor range uptown. Stoddards.  

Link Posted: 8/15/2016 10:22:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, Stoddards is a nice range. I'd rather drive there than shoot at the indoor range here in Newnan.

Link Posted: 8/16/2016 12:58:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Next month after closing I'm putting in a nice 100 to 300yd rifle range at my place.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 4:37:14 PM EDT
[#11]
uShot Spot in Carrollton has a really nice indoor range and a great selection of guns ... but I have no idea what their prices are like.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 2:58:36 PM EDT
[#12]
FWIW, Tires Plus on Fairburn Rd and Hospital Drive has always treated us fairly.  Abercrombie Transmissions gave us good service also.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 3:08:14 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

FWIW, Tires Plus on Fairburn Rd and Hospital Drive has always treated us fairly.  Abercrombie Transmissions gave us good service also.
View Quote
Another vote for Abercrombie.

Direct tire by the mall is also great. Price matched their online price and beat it by $5 a tire.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 8:00:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
uShot Spot in Carrollton has a really nice indoor range and a great selection of guns ... but I have no idea what their prices are like.
View Quote

Shot spot has nice indoor ranges but I felt like their prices are a touch high, but a buddy works there so I go shoot there occasionally. I tend to frequent AR bunker in Newnan for stuff too.

I also grew up on that area and lived there until recently. IMHO the cmp range in Talladega is worth the drive, and in a pinch advanced bullets isn't too far away off 113 North of Carrollton. Not the best range but it works.

Personally.... Indont like the biscuits at that store. My dad loves them. Eh....

Douglasville as a whole is going downhill. Importing section 8 dwellers rapidly from northern states and Atlanta. They are building some ghetto crap now around 78 hwy just north of downtown. I'm sure it will be rich and vibrant. My folks up and moved too. My dad was born in his parents house not far from Foxhall. my house was near where my grandpa and great grandpa were born and raised. To say we have roots there is an understatement but almost the entire family has left now. It's turning to shit quickly.

South Douglas county isn't too bad yet. YMMV.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 8:40:53 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Shot spot has nice indoor ranges but I felt like their prices are a touch high, but a buddy works there so I go shoot there occasionally. I tend to frequent AR bunker in Newnan for stuff too.

I also grew up on that area and lived there until recently. IMHO the cmp range in Talladega is worth the drive, and in a pinch advanced bullets isn't too far away off 113 North of Carrollton. Not the best range but it works.

Personally.... Indont like the biscuits at that store. My dad loves them. Eh....

Douglasville as a whole is going downhill. Importing section 8 dwellers rapidly from northern states and Atlanta. They are building some ghetto crap now around 78 hwy just north of downtown. I'm sure it will be rich and vibrant. My folks up and moved too. My dad was born in his parents house not far from Foxhall. my house was near where my grandpa and great grandpa were born and raised. To say we have roots there is an understatement but almost the entire family has left now. It's turning to shit quickly.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I grew up in FairPlay. Lived there from 78-86. Great times and memories from that area. Many weekends at the sand pit on the river to hurricane falls before anybody knew it was there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top