BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 12:58:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just south of I-20 on hwy 441, pretty much across the street from Tractor Supply. I believe it's called Madison Rentals. I have no idea how "on the cheap" it might be though.....

Sure am glad you can make it!!! It would be a shame for one of the most regular users of the range to miss the Fall Shoot!!!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I AM IN!!!!!

http://i1352.photobucket.com/albums/q659/talrx1/Meme/in_zps17hex0pv.gif

I finally decided you bastards are worth 42 hours of used vacation time.

My job change isn't happening right away and my vacation time re-loads in early November.  I have 47 hours left and using 42 of it to hang out, shoot the shit, shoot the guns, drink some beer, and partake in more campfire antics with you bunch of misfits.

Will roll in Friday late morning to help set up and get things going.

Any work days yet Draconis?

....Fantastic.....Good you can make it after all, though I don't think we can top the campfire shenanigans of the Spring Shoot at RGR....We can only hope to tie...

....As for work days, I was studying on this weekend but it looks to be a wet one so I had planned to try next weekend.....I'll start a separate thread soon on workdays and the list of goals we want to get done before the 24th.....

The range will definitely need to be mowed.  Tall weeds have taken over.  I cleared some 2 weeks ago so I could see at least 1 plate at 200 from the far left bench.  If anyone knows anyone with a brush hog style mower, that would be good.  This is my weekend off this coming weekend.  Busy Friday and Saturday, but I do have Sunday and Monday off.   The next would be my weekend on.  

Emu, is there a sunbelt rental or equivalent in Madison we can get a bush hog mower on the cheap?

Just south of I-20 on hwy 441, pretty much across the street from Tractor Supply. I believe it's called Madison Rentals. I have no idea how "on the cheap" it might be though.....

Sure am glad you can make it!!! It would be a shame for one of the most regular users of the range to miss the Fall Shoot!!!!

....Wasn't there a new HTF member just South that had fun toys like that?....Any chance he would come knock down the brush so the mowers can handle the rest?..
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 7:49:29 PM EDT
[#2]
We better have some NAME TAGS. No way my antique brain will be able to handle all these peoples...

Link Posted: 8/31/2016 8:17:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
We better have some NAME TAGS. No way my antique brain will be able to handle all these peoples...

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=91512

View Quote

...Already planned and in the works...Plan is to have a sign in table where everyone will agree to the rules of the range and sign any waiver Emu needs and get a name tag....If they are a GHTF member it will have their screen name and real name...If they are a guest of a GHTF member, they will have their name and 'Guest of: ' the screen name of whoever  they 'belong' to....
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 9:05:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn, that will really help!  Good work.  And thanks to all the team for all the legwork you are doing to make this happen.  We all really appreciate it.  I am sure, as soon as you nail one thing three others appear.  We will be there as early on Friday as possible to assist.  Will be me plus two young men in their 20s.  

Are there any supplies that would help?  I can raid the Corporate pantry.  Intend to bring a good bit of water in bottles.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 12:54:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Swap meet during he off times?
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 2:31:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

We always talk about a swap meet, but it never seems to happen.

I'm all for it if folks want to bring stuff that needs a new home!
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 9:15:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

...I'm all for it...If anyone has any gear they want to bring to play Monty Hall I say go for it...There will be opportunities of an evening to feel up any items and then time Saturday to take anything for a walk to see if it limps.....

...For that matter, I'll start another thread where people can post items they would like to try out, if someone doesn't mind bringing it....that may or may not involve horse trading at the shoot.......

....I think it's important that we keep the thread to 'Hey, I've got ______ I'm bringing to the shoot if anyone's interested in trying it out.' or 'I would really like to try out a __________  if anyone wouldn't mind.'.....This isn't EE afterall.....
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 9:51:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If'n it ain't too late.....I am gonna try and drag my sorry ass up Saturday.....and bring toys and ammo......and My wife Kim may make it as well......was hoping to make the whole weekend...but we'll be in the middle of Knob Creek prep...
I'll have an AR45 on a postie lower.....with the new adapter and mags.......and a Glock mag 9mm postie subgun as well.....
View Quote

Cool.  I have a handful of those ETS 31 round Glock mags.  Got a pistol AR9 I hope to finish this Friday.  Have one of those Korean 50 round drums to try out also.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 9:52:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

...Already planned and in the works...Plan is to have a sign in table where everyone will agree to the rules of the range and sign any waiver Emu needs and get a name tag....If they are a GHTF member it will have their screen name and real name...If they are a guest of a GHTF member, they will have their name and 'Guest of: ' the screen name of whoever  they 'belong' to....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=91512

Better than my plan, I was just gonna wear my Name tape I had made up just for such events.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 4:02:08 PM EDT
[#10]
I wish I could go this year. I got my daughter that weekend, and at 18mo old, I think it may be difficult trying to juggle her around.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 9:48:20 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm working nights that weekend.  At least I have 12 hours off during the day!  Looking forward to the shoot.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 11:10:00 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I AM IN!!!!!

http://i1352.photobucket.com/albums/q659/talrx1/Meme/in_zps17hex0pv.gif

I finally decided you bastards are worth 42 hours of used vacation time.

My job change isn't happening right away and my vacation time re-loads in early November.  I have 47 hours left and using 42 of it to hang out, shoot the shit, shoot the guns, drink some beer, and partake in more campfire antics with you bunch of misfits.

Will roll in Friday late morning to help set up and get things going.

Any work days yet Draconis?

View Quote
Awwww yissssssss!

Link Posted: 9/2/2016 2:25:46 PM EDT
[#13]
So this is still a go for the 24th Sept?
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 5:48:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

.....Yep....A few of us will be there Friday to set up and camp that night, play Saturday, camp Saturday night and then clean up and clear out Sunday.....You're welcome to join the fun if you like.....As much fun as the shoot is, the shenanigans around the campfire is the best part.....
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 9:33:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

.....Yep....A few of us will be there Friday to set up and camp that night, play Saturday, camp Saturday night and then clean up and clear out Sunday.....You're welcome to join the fun if you like.....As much fun as the shoot is, the shenanigans around the campfire is the best part.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll be there Friday-Sunday with my loud mouth and super absorbant liver. Fun will be had. Words will be spoken.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 11:33:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I'll be there Friday-Sunday with my loud mouth and super absorbant liver. Fun will be had. Words will be spoken.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe if's dry and we have some genny power, we can fire up a fireside movie theater this time.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 3:28:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Maybe if's dry and we have some genny power, we can fire up a fireside movie theater this time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be cool.

I've got one of those quiet little Honda suitcase gennies we could use.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 4:29:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That would be cool.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be cool.

I'll do my best to make that happen this time.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 9:21:59 PM EDT
[#19]

That would be cool.

View Quote

I have a bluray player I can bring, but lacking in the projector/audio/screen area. LOL
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 7:13:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I have a bluray player I can bring, but lacking in the projector/audio/screen area. LOL
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That would be cool.

I think I can handle the screen/projector/speakers.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 7:49:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be cool.

Any interest in DVDs of last year's Fall and this year's Spring shoots?.....I think almost everyone's seen them but I can burn a copy and bring them with me if anyone wants to see them on the big screen when we're all three sheets to the wind....

....and if I remember.....
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 7:58:07 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That would be cool.

I'll have the fun mover it has a large flat area for a screen.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 11:19:45 AM EDT
[#23]
I may have a +1 for Saturday shoot only.  He isn't sure if he has to work yet or not.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 8:10:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be cool.

I believe I may reserve a spot under the canopy for my chair and cooler if thats cool.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 10:51:09 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I believe I may reserve a spot under the canopy for my chair and cooler if thats cool.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That would be cool.

I do reserve the choice spot and it tends to change with the angle of the sun.  All others are welcome to enjoy the shade.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 9:30:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Looks like everything is shaping up to be a great event.

Please count myself and one more in. We should be able to make it out Friday.

I RSO'd last event and would be willing to do the same for this one. It looks like a good amount have already volunteered; no worries if you think there are enough, or I did a poor job last year.

My apologies for being so out of contact with the planning of this event, finishing school has caused me to have to back-burner far more than I would like.

Link Posted: 9/8/2016 10:17:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Looks like everything is shaping up to be a great event.

Please count myself and one more in. We should be able to make it out Friday.

I RSO'd last event and would be willing to do the same for this one. It looks like a good amount have already volunteered; no worries if you think there are enough, or I did a poor job last year.

My apologies for being so out of contact with the planning of this event, finishing school has caused me to have to back-burner far more than I would like.

View Quote

.....I'll add you to the list......

...As far as RSOs, we are lucky to have enough to handle the shoot and still be able to get some shooting in as well, but thanks for the offer.....
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 4:45:07 PM EDT
[#28]
We are getting close to 50 attendees! I think we are shooting for 75. Let's make it happen! (terrible pun, but I had to...)
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 4:52:48 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

We are getting close to 50 attendees! I think we are shooting for 75. Let's make it happen! (terrible pun, but I had to...)
View Quote
I'll have a plus 1 if I didn't mention it already.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 7:59:47 AM EDT
[#30]
I and a friend plan on attending.

Will send an IM for directions.

Link Posted: 9/10/2016 6:10:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

......Got it and replied....
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 8:48:23 AM EDT
[#32]
I've got a large walk behind Troy-Bilt bush-hog. It will cut down 2" trees without stopping.

If that is what we are looking for, let me know. I can spend several hours on the 17th or 18th field mowing.

Let me know.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 8:54:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Put me down + my two boys for Saturday. We might camp one night; if we do camp, I'll bring my Honda EU2000i generator, cords, lights and whatnot so that we can distribute power.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 9:46:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Put me down + my two boys for Saturday. We might camp one night; if we do camp, I'll bring my Honda EU2000i generator, cords, lights and whatnot so that we can distribute power.
View Quote

.....Glad you and the boys will be able to make it...
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 4:02:44 PM EDT
[#35]
i finally got some positive yes i can go, please put me down for me plus 5. will have cash in hand for donations if that's cool. Jodi will be making her potato salad that everyone loves. we will be sending the Saturday
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 5:16:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got the reply. Coordinates look good. Looking forward to it.

Link Posted: 9/11/2016 6:08:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
i finally got some positive yes i can go, please put me down for me plus 5. will have cash in hand for donations if that's cool. Jodi will be making her potato salad that everyone loves. we will be sending the Saturday
View Quote

Done and done.....and great to hear y'all can make it .....
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 9:42:47 AM EDT
[#38]
I'm a tentative go, with a possible +1, all depends on whether the wife is scheduled to work that day.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 10:43:10 AM EDT
[#39]
I plan to be there, probable +1.  Count me in for Friday set up.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 1:04:55 PM EDT
[#40]
I'll be there +1 for Saturday.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 5:18:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'm a tentative go, with a possible +1, all depends on whether the wife is scheduled to work that day.  
View Quote

...Gotcha....

Quoted:
I plan to be there, probable +1.  Count me in for Friday set up.
View Quote

.....I figured/hoped you were going to make it tok.....

Quoted:
I'll be there +1 for Saturday.
View Quote

......Added to the list....
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 7:39:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Getting bigger every time.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 10:02:49 AM EDT
[#43]
I'll be there Saturday morning and through lunch.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 7:35:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

.....Yep.....Before long organizing a shoot will be like herding cats....well armed cats.....

ETA: Looks like around 62+ if everyone who says they're coming makes it and brings the outside number of guests they mentioned....Meme may need a willing hand or two getting lunch ready for that many mouths....
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 7:36:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I'll be there Saturday morning and through lunch.
View Quote

.....Gotcha on the list....
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 7:42:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Well, the wife went and organized a family gathering... AFTER I told her we're going to the HTF shoot. So I'll have fuckin Democrats running around my house l weekend. At least I get to freak them out by leaving Bibles and glocks on the bedside tables...
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 7:47:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Well, the wife went and organized a family gathering... AFTER I told her we're going to the HTF shoot. So I'll have fuckin Democrats running around my house l weekend. At least I get to freak them out by leaving Bibles and glocks on the bedside tables...
View Quote

.....Just be sure to give her a kiss Friday evening as you're leaving for the shoot....I'm sure she'll understand....

.....That does suck though since these things only happen a couple of times a year.....
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 9:21:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

.....Yep.....Before long organizing a shoot will be like herding cats....well armed cats.....

ETA: Looks like around 62+ if everyone who says they're coming makes it and brings the outside number of guests they mentioned....Meme may need a willing hand or two getting lunch ready for that many mouths....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My mother in law may come, if so she'll be glad to help with lunch.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 10:26:29 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The only two days my wife is scheduled to work next week are Friday and Saturday, so it'll just be me, unless I invite a friend of a friend who wants to shoot my CZ SP01 Tactical.

Link Posted: 9/14/2016 10:30:42 AM EDT
[#50]
Hey guys- my beau has to work that entire weekend so it will just be me on Saturday instead of the plus 5. He's pissed his camping/shooting weekend just got hijacked because subs can't get their job done.  I will at least be able to vent down range.  

On a happy note, I made some updates to the AngryEmuRange.com , check them out and let me know if there are any questions!
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top