Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2016 1:24:47 PM EDT
Taking a short vacation in a month or so, wanted to check out Helen. Been there for a tubing day trip once before, didn't really get to explore as much as I wanted. Just wondering if anybody had some personal "must see" places or attractions there?
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 1:44:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Anna Ruby Falls.  Betty's Country store.  Mully's Nacoochee Grill.

You're not missing anything else in town.  Helen is a tourist trap dump.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 3:22:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anna Ruby Falls.  Betty's Country store.  Mully's Nacoochee Grill.

You're not missing anything else in town.  Helen is a tourist trap dump.

View Quote

essentially this.... Sadly they could have been more with a bit more work.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 3:28:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Mind your P&Q's there, I hear the local police are jerks!  
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 3:30:10 PM EDT
[#4]
The Nacoochee area is pretty cool.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:04:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Sautee Nacoochee store, turn at the gazebo in the pasture, about 1.5-2 miles out on the left. It's been there forever.

Stay at the Country Inn. Most of the other hotels are either old and outdated, or pretty cruddy.

There's not much worth seeing in town, but I'll second  Nacooche Grill. It's been a while, but food was good. The pizza place next door is good too.

Might as well stop in Nora Mill.

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:13:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the suggestions! hopefully I can find some cool stuff that's off the beaten path, not just the tourist traps. Although I'm sure the fiance will drag us through a few of those as well. we'll probably venture outside the main city area to do a little exploring on our own. I'll keep my eye out for the popo too lol.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:34:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

There's not much worth seeing in town, but I'll second  Nacooche Grill. It's been a while, but food was good. The pizza place next door is good too.
View Quote

True.  Try the Cuban sandwich.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:36:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Thanks for the suggestions! hopefully I can find some cool stuff that's off the beaten path, not just the tourist traps. Although I'm sure the fiance will drag us through a few of those as well. we'll probably venture outside the main city area to do a little exploring on our own. I'll keep my eye out for the popo too lol.
View Quote

Whatever you do, don't drink and drive.  I mean, you should never drink and drive anyway, but DUI enforcement is serious bidness in and around Helen.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 6:40:00 PM EDT
[#9]
It's been years but Fox Winery had a store in town where you could taste test some of their wines.....brought home several bottles of muscadine wine that trip......Hmmmm, seems I remember we have a bottle left somewhere...

HONEY, YOU KNOW WHERE THAT FOX WINE GOT OFF TOO?

......the weekend is looking up.....
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 8:25:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Whatever you do, don't drink and drive.  I mean, you should never drink and drive anyway, but DUI enforcement is serious bidness in and around Helen.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That makes sense with oktoberfest being held there. But no, under any circumstances, drunk driving is a big no no for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top