Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2016 3:50:25 PM EDT
I have an opportunity to transfer to the Newnan area for work and was hoping someone could give me some feedback on pros and cons of the area.  I have never been to the south (currently in NV) and was wondering how much of an adjustment it will be for me and my family.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 3:52:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Along which party line do you currently vote?
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 3:55:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Have always voted "R"...I do like shooting, own several pistols/rifles.  You don't have to worry about my views.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 4:12:20 PM EDT
[#3]
There are several of us here . It is a growing area . What would you like to know ?
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 4:14:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are several of us here . It is a growing area . What would you like to know ?
View Quote

I'm close to the area as well. There are several of us in Peachtree City, which is 11 miles from Newnan.

As others have asked, what do you want to know?
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 4:20:34 PM EDT
[#5]
There are trees here, lots of trees. Newnan still has a small town feel to it but the area is having some growing pains. Plenty of diversity. I live about 20 minutes west in a more rural area, 20-30 minutes in any direction from downtown Newnan, with the exception of north toward Atlanta, there are still a lot of rural areas if that's your thing.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 4:25:39 PM EDT
[#6]
It's hot, humid and the ethnic make-up is going to be a bit of a change from NV.

Newnan has really grown, especially after the hood took over Union City.

I've gone there for most of my NFA purchases.

We now have a shop in LaGrange, but they don't have as much higher end stuff.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 4:29:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'm close to the area as well. There are several of us in Peachtree City, which is 11 miles from Newnan.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a co-worker that is also transferring out there and he said he will be living in Peachtree city.  I would be going primarily for the raise I would be getting but I'm mainly interested in the housing, activities, and what family related things there are to do.  There will be long hours at work but I want to maximize the time I have with my family when I am off.  Is it far enough from Atlanta to not have to worry about big city issues?
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 4:35:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I have a co-worker that is also transferring out there and he said he will be living in Peachtree city.  I would be going primarily for the raise I would be getting but I'm mainly interested in the housing, activities, and what family related things there are to do.  There will be long hours at work but I want to maximize the time I have with my family when I am off.  Is it far enough from Atlanta to not have to worry about big city issues?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just east of Newnan in the little town of Moreland is the "Lewis Grizzard" history museum. I highly recommend it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 12:58:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Housing market in newnan is a purty good selection. Atl has six flags, whitewater, GA aquarium, baseball, football and it's within a short drive from their. North GA mountains has some great towns with festivals, waterfalls, and hiking. Go over to Savannah walk on river St n drink and let's the kids watch the ships come n go.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 1:10:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It's hot, humid and the ethnic make-up is going to be a bit of a change from NV.

Newnan has really grown, especially after the hood took over Union City.

I've gone there for most of my NFA purchases.

We now have a shop in LaGrange, but they don't have as much higher end stuff.
View Quote

Have you bought one of FMJ rec sets?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top