Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2015 5:40:42 PM EDT
So, I placed an order on Fathers Day of this year (6/21/15) for an AR .223 complete upper receiver (minus BCG and charging handle) from SpecOp Manufacturing out of Marathon, New York. They promote quick turn-around ship times within a week.

It's been more than 10 weeks, and I still don't have my upper. I've contacted the company MULTIPLE times (well documented), only to be strung along with several of these "we'll get it out on Monday" and "It's boxed up and ready to go", "the owner is at a Moto GP race today", "the owner is having a surgery today", "Your upper was damaged, and we need to re-manufacture it", "we had to ship back our batch of barrels for defects, and yours was included".

And here's the deal. Supposedly they've changed barrel vendors since I placed my order, and now use Black Hole Weaponry match barrels (I'm assuming a little more expensive). When they changed over to this, a message on their website said allow 5-7 weeks. We're now well beyond that as well. Since last week, I've been unable to get anyone on the phone anymore. Today they respond to my message to tell me once again that they have shipped my order.  (last time they said this was 4 weeks ago) BUT, they can't provide me with a tracking number until tomorrow for another new excuse.

Obviously my order was paid in full when I placed it.

I've got a close friend that's a GCPD Detective that I'm leaning toward getting involved in this situation if this is another BS excuse. At this point, they've taken my money without providing any goods or services.

I'm hoping they come through and are being honest with me this time. If not, what should I do?? The excuses are getting to a ridiculous level. I purchased the order with my Discover card, so I think I'm covered on purchases for 3 months, but we're coming close to that amount of time. I just want my upper.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:50:49 PM EDT
[#1]
In for results. I strongly dislike runarounds. Sorry for your troubles, sucks when Christmas comes late.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:20:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Take it up with your CC now! Don't wait, either they'll ship your product or you will get your money back. There are way too many good mfg's in the market to deal with that now. I'd be they have cashflow problems with the bottom falling out of the market and have already spent the money they received for your upper. If they declare bankruptcy you'll be screwed.

You aren't alone:

http://www.bbb.org/upstate-new-york/business-reviews/guns-and-gunsmiths/specop-manufacturing-in-marathon-ny-235976473/Complaints#breakdown
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:43:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Take it up with your CC now! Don't wait, either they'll ship your product or you will get your money back. There are way too many good mfg's in the market to deal with that now. I'd be they have cashflow problems with the bottom falling out of the market and have already spent the money they received for your upper. If they declare bankruptcy you'll be screwed.

You aren't alone:

http://www.bbb.org/upstate-new-york/business-reviews/guns-and-gunsmiths/specop-manufacturing-in-marathon-ny-235976473/Complaints#breakdown
View Quote

Yuuup, I'd just call the CC on this one and get my money back.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:58:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Next time you need an Upper: call, email, or IM me and together we will build you one just as good and for probably less money!

Now for the big question: Why would anyone order anything out of an Anti-Firearm State???????????????

Every review on this place I was able to pull up (even the one posted on their website) says they are slow as hell and never deliver ANYTHING on time!

Call your credit card company and dispute the charge. Then deal with somebody local or go to one of the really big boys that already have it assembled and tested.

Sorry, I can't stand NY and other states like it!
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:29:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, get your money back and take it elsewhere. There are too many reputable, quality manufacturers that have their stuff together for you to have been patient enough to wait half that amount of time. I wouldn't wait a minute longer on someone who sucks at fulfilling and doesn't even have the rep to justify the suck.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:38:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd followed them on Facebook for a while, and they had a decent father's day sale. I checked out the website and it looked legit, but I should have done more homework. It was nothing special either, a fairly simple upper for about $300.

You know what they say, if it sounds too good to be true....

If I don't get a tracking # tomorrow, I'm calling Discover.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:48:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:07:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sounds like the beginning of the DDLES fiasco.....they put people off long enough that it went past 90 days and they couldn't even get recourse through credit card company...........I'd bail......
View Quote

This.  Get out now before it's too late.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 3:32:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Guess what showed up on Friday.

This is how they sent it. Notice the endcap is missing...

And this was the condition it was in.

Also it's worth noting that in the 2nd week of my nearly 11 week wait, I had emailed about changing the quad rail color to FDE, and they said it wasn't a problem and they would do that.

Although it's banged up a little, no scuffs are deep enough for me to fight anymore about it. They're fixable with a paint pen, I'm going to replace both affected parts shortly anyway. It's safe to say I won't do business with them again, and I'll let y'all make your own opinions.

As she sits right now.

RRA 6.8 on top
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 8:19:02 AM EDT
[#10]
At least you got it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 1:48:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
At least you got it.
View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 1:52:01 PM EDT
[#12]
1. Upper comes in scuffed.
2. Throw upper down driveway for "Tier 1 Operator" look.
3. ???
4. Profit!

(NOTE: Do not throw Noveske lower down driveway.)

Seriously, it's a damn shame you had to go through all this.
Glad you finally got some sort of satisfaction.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 1:57:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Glad it came in finally that was some bs. Those scuffs aren't as bad as what some use will do to it, so not completely bs I suppose.

So how does it shoot?
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 2:04:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
1. Upper comes in scuffed.
2. Throw upper down driveway for "Tier 1 Operator" look.
3. ???
4. Profit!

(NOTE: Do not throw Noveske lower down driveway.)

Seriously, it's a damn shame you had to go through all this.
Glad you finally got some sort of satisfaction.
View Quote

This actually made me LOL

I'm generally pretty easy to please if someone is just honest, and follows through on their word.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 2:10:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Glad it came in finally that was some bs. Those scuffs aren't as bad as what some use will do to it, so not completely bs I suppose.

So how does it shoot?
View Quote

Haven't got that far yet, but I'll let you know in the next couple of days. Georgia Gun Club's 100 yd range is on my list. Got 2 boys under 2 at home, so that ties up a lot of my time outside work for now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top