Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 11:10:01 PM EDT
[#1]
IIRC, we paid something like $17 for last years shirts through Arfcom and had to pay shipping too. So anything $20 and under is probably in the same ballpark. The cheaper they are the more I'll buy, as long as the more we buy the cheaper they are.

Nice work man, very much appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 2:47:14 AM EDT
[#2]
The guy I got a quote from can have shirts to us in two weeks (no rush charges, no shipping charges) at $14 a shirt for tag-less Haynes Beefy T with 2 color front and 5 color back if we buy 60 shirts. By dropping one color off the back down to 4, its down to $13 a shirt at 60 shirts.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 6:27:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The guy I got a quote from can have shirts to us in two weeks (no rush charges, no shipping charges) at $14 a shirt for tag-less Haynes Beefy T with 2 color front and 5 color back if we buy 60 shirts. By dropping one color off the back down to 4, its down to $13 a shirt at 60 shirts.
View Quote

...The design, as is, has seven colors on the back......I diddled with it (combining colors, red/blue/white/black emu, gray banners, etc.) to try and cut out at least two and came up with two options with 5 colors, neither of which looks right to me....Although if it comes to it, and as much as I would like to keep the emu, the 'no emu' version at least looks less 'wrong' to me.....

...Any idea how much your guy could do 7 back design colors by any chance?....

...No flags...

...No emu....

Link Posted: 8/23/2015 6:59:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Am I missing something? I counted 5 colors. Blue in the Flags, Red in the Flags, White in the Flags and State Fill, Black where needed, and Yellow. If the Emu has a different shade or something close to another color we are already using, why not change to that other color or use what we have Yellow, White, Black, Red, and Blue along with heavy use of outline and the the shirt color be the fill for the Emu. That would be 5 colors correct? Did you have a look at doing the Emu in all black fill since the State is filled in White, one would think people would not think that was an extension of the state outline (yellow bill, white eyes and white accents)? Just spit balling here.

Basically adds a Dollar to each shirt for each additional color used so that would be $16 a Shirt.

I'm not being critical just making an observation, both of the designs you just updated are both full fill and don't take any advantage of outlining with the choice of shirt color.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 10:18:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Am I missing something? I counted 5 colors. Blue in the Flags, Red in the Flags, White in the Flags and State Fill, Black where needed, and Yellow. If the Emu has a different shade or something close to another color we are already using, why not change to that other color or use what we have Yellow, White, Black, Red, and Blue along with heavy use of outline and the the shirt color be the fill for the Emu. That would be 5 colors correct? Did you have a look at doing the Emu in all black fill since the State is filled in White, one would think people would not think that was an extension of the state outline (yellow bill, white eyes and white accents)? Just spit balling here.

Basically adds a Dollar to each shirt for each additional color used so that would be $16 a Shirt.

I'm not being critical just making an observation, both of the designs you just updated are both full fill and don't take any advantage of outlining with the choice of shirt color.
View Quote

...The original design has seven (red, blue, white, brown, gold, black, gray)....I tried the emu in black, blue, red and white....Colorful, but a bit on the fugly side...I could try to accent the outline of the emu, and let the color be shirt color but I wonder whether it would look like a beak and eyes floating off to the side....

...As for outlines using shirt color, like I said earlier with the state fill, even with a heavy outline on medium to dark colors I'm afraid the state would get lost...Now, if we are going to pick a color and all shirts will be gray for example, then the outline on the emu will work....On a tan or OD shirt, maybe not so much....

..Oh, and you do make good points....If you or anyone can find an out here I'm all for it....Sometimes you can spend so much time staring at something, trying to find a detail, when someone else can see it immediately.....Keep throwing those spitballs...
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 11:46:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Devil Dog...email and PM sent...
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 11:50:00 AM EDT
[#7]
DRACONIS - Received the updated design and forwarded for a Quote, thanks.

What are you guys thinking as far as shirt color?

ETA:  Just heard back from one of the printers. After talking about this as an annual low volume shirt printing and a possible specific GA HTF shirt being produced, they want to earn our business without additional commitments from us IE we will like the price and the work and come back to them in the future. They will also run the RSO/RO shirts in a different color and at the price per shirt of the main order. Hanes Beefy T with a 4 color front and full 7 color back, it would be $14 a shirt for SM - XL $16 for 2X and 3X. How does that sound?

Link Posted: 8/24/2015 12:26:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

...Something that won't show powder burns at the range?...

Seriously, earth tones (gray, tan, etc.) are good for me....Don't show stains as bad and are still cooler in the summer months than darker colors....Just my 2 cents...
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 12:43:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

ETA:  Just heard back from one of the printers. After talking about this as an annual low volume shirt printing and a possible specific GA HTF shirt being produced, they want to earn our business without additional commitments from us IE we will like the price and the work and come back to them in the future. They will also run the RSO/RO shirts in a different color and at the price per shirt of the main order. Hanes Beefy T with a 4 color front and full 7 color back, it would be $14 a shirt for SM - XL $16 for 2X and 3X. How does that sound?

View Quote

Sounds awesome.  Thanks for working on this.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 1:29:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Is everybody fairly happy with Draconis's design (the back with State Outline, Flags, Banners, and Emu in 7 colors, front with Gadsden Flag in 4 color)? We will need to decide on shirt color also.

If yes, its time to wrap this up and get sizes ordered. To get the $14 a shirt (Sm-XL) and $16 (2XL-3XL) prices, we need to hit 60 shirts. If we go over 75 there will be a farther price reduction.

If this is a go, do we need a new thread for Orders?
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 1:58:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Sounds great to me.

Maybe a poll in a new thread for orders, and to vote on colors.

I'd say list 4 colors, something like grey, tan, olive, and black, unless Draconis needs to veto a color due to a lack of contrast or something....

Oh, and I'd suggest RO shirt colors to be something neon-ish if possible, so they stick out like a sore thumb.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 3:14:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Sounds great to me.

I'd say list 4 colors, something like grey, tan, olive, and black, unless Draconis needs to veto a color due to a lack of contrast or something....

Oh, and I'd suggest RO shirt colors to be something neon-ish if possible, so they stick out like a sore thumb.
View Quote

Looking at the design, the printer suggested TAN, Ash/light Steel, Fatigue Green, Sand, or Khaki. For the RO, they have Red or Orange for sure, I'll check on Day-Glo Fluorescent colors.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 4:23:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Looking at the design, the printer suggested TAN, Ash/light Steel, Fatigue Green, Sand, or Khaki. For the RO, they have Red or Orange for sure, I'll check on Day-Glo Fluorescent colors.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sounds great to me.

...All of those colors should work well with the design, I think....I think we would need to stay away from dark colors.....I think add a poll listing those colors (unless your printer is REALLY forgiving and each could order different sizes AND colors) and let the majority rule....

...Also, when is the deadline for placing the order to have them in hand, or on back, by the Shoot date?.....
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 9:41:20 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm definitely in for a couple at least. Great work, Draconis.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 12:12:54 PM EDT
[#15]
I also would be in for one.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:09:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Please Vote in the Poll for the what color you would like this year's 2015 Fall Shoot Shirt color to be.

Ash (Gray) and Fatigue Green are currently neck and neck.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:08:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Are any shirts available, or did I miss the boat?
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:26:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Are any shirts available, or did I miss the boat?
View Quote

MFF, who was spearheading this, is taking a vacation. When he returns we'll find out if he intends to pick this back up and run with it.

Stay tuned for further updates.....
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top