BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:27:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:59:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Thought you couldn't own with and edit..? But who am I.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:41:16 PM EDT
[#3]
As to shirts, if one is having a bunch of shirts done then getting like a dozen Staff or RO shirts in Red or Orange usually isn't a big deal (but isn't it just easier for them to wear a Red Range shirt from where they work as ROs or wear a safety vest). When I did Paintball Team Shirts, we also got two dozen in Orange to use as Ref Shirts on our home field. If we go through ARFCOM so we can use the BFL, then I doubt they are going to do any orange or red shirts as they already have required minimums we are going to have to meet in a single color. If we use one of the big companies, then we probably can't use the BFL, but could get a dozen red in a single size.

As to using Half Dawn Ranch logo, I don't get that? Why would we do that for the Fall Shoot unless its back at Southern Cross's Range? All for doing HFR anytime the shoot is at SC's range, but why for the shoot at Emu's range? Kind of confusing in the future to be walking around with a HFR shoot shirt on that didn't take place at HFR, right? Am I over thinking this?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:23:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like we hit the jackpot when you introduced yourself the other day!!!!

View Quote

...Naaaahhhhh, you just don't know me well enough yet

...Honestly, I just really enjoy the challenge of design/build and building the better mousetrap....When I get a chance I'll post pics of my 'Brass Catcher, Mk II' that my wife and I use at the range and the 'Target Stand, Six Foot, BD' target stands that you could fit in the back of a minivan if the notion struck you....

...Plus, I get the distinct feeling that I'm going to be SERIOUSLY outgunned out there so if all I got is my winning personality and building skills I gotta go with that...LOL...
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:14:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
As to shirts, if one is having a bunch of shirts done then getting like a dozen Staff or RO shirts in Red or Orange usually isn't a big deal (but isn't it just easier for them to wear a Red Range shirt from where they work as ROs or wear a safety vest). When I did Paintball Team Shirts, we also got two dozen in Orange to use as Ref Shirts on our home field. If we go through ARFCOM so we can use the BFL, then I doubt they are going to do any orange or red shirts as they already have required minimums we are going to have to meet in a single color. If we use one of the big companies, then we probably can't use the BFL, but could get a dozen red in a single size.

As to using Half Dawn Ranch logo, I don't get that? Why would we do that for the Fall Shoot unless its back at Southern Cross's Range? All for doing HFR anytime the shoot is at SC's range, but why for the shoot at Emu's range? Kind of confusing in the future to be walking around with a HFR shoot shirt on that didn't take place at HFR, right? Am I over thinking this?
View Quote

I had planned to do ARF endorsed HTF shirts with someone doing a design, y'all can vote on color, etc.  I'm going to do some shirts on my own with suggestions from some of the guys just for the hell of it. Half Fawn has more meaning than me jokingly naming my place that last year. I'll do shirts from a printer so folks can get what color they want and I'll do some for "staff".
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:16:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

...Honestly, I just really enjoy the challenge of design/build and building the better mousetrap....When I get a chance I'll post pics of my 'Brass Catcher, Mk II' that my wife and I use at the range and the 'Target Stand, Six Foot, BD' target stands that you could fit in the back of a minivan if the notion struck you....

...Plus, I get the distinct feeling that I'm going to be SERIOUSLY outgunned out there so if all I got is my winning personality and building skills I gotta go with that...LOL...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Come outgunned, leave with the sinking feeling that your credit cards will soon be maxed out.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:26:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Come outgunned, leave with the sinking feeling that your credit cards will soon be maxed out.
View Quote

..LOL....Yep...What is it about these things that make us revert to an 8 year old two months before Christmas..."But, it really isn't that expensive...and...ummm...if I can just get this wuuuunnnn thing, I promise I won't bug you about anything else....Honest...I won't....and, and....ummmm....It would really, really make me happy....Besides, Johnny has one so why can't I get one too?...Do you want me to be the ONLY ONE without it?...Huh?....."  

Seriously, I'm a lucky guy who is married to a woman who knows when to reign me in and when to give me my head....I can't think of a single instance when she gave me 'that look' and I didn't later decide I really *didn't* need that whatever-it-was.....I just WANTED it...LOL...
Of course, the worst thing for us to do is go shopping together...We once stopped by to pick up a gallon of milk and loaf of bread and left with a wide-screen HDTV.....
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:04:48 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, I told the chicky snack last year if she wants to shoot she needs to. This is a few in a life time expierience. She chose not to, she won't make that mistake twice.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:16:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I had planned to do ARF endorsed HTF shirts with someone doing a design, y'all can vote on color, etc.  I'm going to do some shirts on my own with suggestions from some of the guys just for the hell of it. Half Fawn has more meaning than me jokingly naming my place that last year. I'll do shirts from a printer so folks can get what color they want and I'll do some for "staff".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know the Half Fawn Story. That sounds like a plan. My only thought is if folks are only going to get one shirt and they decide on your shirt (as in lots do), it could hurt the price point of the shirts from ARFCOM for the Shoot (playing Devil's Advocate) depending on where the numbers come in. I know there is a minimum run number from last year, is there a total that has to be met to get a Dollar off everyone's shirt?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:26:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Emu's range needs its own nickname..... I'm sure the attendees can come up with something clever. Campfires are a good place for this to happen.  (I know.... Doesn't help for a tshirt for inaugural shoot at the new place)
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:40:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Emu's range needs its own nickname..... I'm sure the attendees can come up with something clever. Campfires are a good place for this to happen.  (I know.... Doesn't help for a tshirt for inaugural shoot at the new place)
View Quote

Sounds like we need a one day pre-shoot shoot that includes an after the pre-shoot shoot campfire!  

There is never a bad reason not to get together for shooting and fellowship!  
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:40:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

HW assignment: Everyone build a Bon fire this weekend, consume thinking spirits, and come up with a few nicknames.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:41:29 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm sure we'll eventually come up with a good name for "the range at Emu's place." But it bears mentioning here that while the fall event is taking place at "Emu's Range," the GAHTF has Southercross to thank for organizing, and doing all the hard work that makes an event like this happen!!!

When he and Ytka came out to view the range for a possible Cola Warrior location, Southerncross asked if I would consider allowing him to host the GAHTF Fall Shoot here. He felt that the event had outgrown the Half-Fawn Ranch location, and the extra room would make for a nicer event. I was all for it, as this is why the range was conceived, and built! Unfortunately, after the initial phase of construction, my circumstances had changed. Much to my disappointment, AND embarrassment, I no longer had the time, nor funds to devote to organizing the events that were originally planned for this site.

Southerncross and Ytka have breathed new life into the range out here, by being generous enough to devote the hours, and hours, required to organize the events that we all enjoy attending. They are doing a great service for the GAHTF, while also allowing me to fulfill my obligation to all those that devoted time and $$$ to help build this range, so that the GAHTF could have a place for these types of events. HUGE hat tip to THEM!!! <insert standing ovation, here>

SO, in my humble opinion: this will most assuredly be a "half-fawn" event, that just happens to take place at Emu's Range!
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:42:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Half-Emu Ranch it is.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:43:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Oh, and I'm all for a bonfire or three before the event!!!
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:45:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Half-Emu Ranch it is.  
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:02:07 AM EDT
[#17]
"Angry Emu Range".......pic to follow (once I get the details right...)

EDIT TO ADD:

"Emus are typically curious birds, pecking at anything that looks interesting to them; people have interpreted this curiosity as aggression, because an emu will also chase anything that looks interesting - including people, if there is something about them that piques the emu's interest, or if they know the person is carrying food. They are docile birds, and not at all inclined to aggression, but they will do whatever they want to get their own way."

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:36:33 AM EDT
[#18]

* Event Produced by Half Fawn Productions!  

The pictures from last years Fall Shoot show what a determined group of people are capable of doing as well as showcase SC's organizational skills and MFF's getting it done. Both went above and beyond!
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:50:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I think that makes great sense.  Do it in safety yellow or orange.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How 'bout a bright colored version of the shoot shirt (red, yellow, or orange) with maybe a big RO or STAFF on the back, for range officers and/or officials, so they kinda stick out, and are easy to spot, during the shoot? With 75 or so folks wandering around, it might be nice to be able to identify the guys who will be Range Officers, or who can make a decision, by the shirt they're wearing.

Not critical, just my 2¢.....
I think that makes great sense.  Do it in safety yellow or orange.  

And red for the drafted fire department!
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:08:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Half-Emu Ranch it is.  
View Quote

You beat me too it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:53:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
"Angry Emu Range".......pic to follow (once I get the details right...)

EDIT TO ADD:

"Emus are typically curious birds, pecking at anything that looks interesting to them; people have interpreted this curiosity as aggression, because an emu will also chase anything that looks interesting - including people, if there is something about them that piques the emu's interest, or if they know the person is carrying food. They are docile birds, and not at all inclined to aggression, but they will do whatever they want to get their own way."

View Quote

This man has hung out with emus before! Spot on!!!!
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:45:05 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

Naaaahhh, just searched for 'angry emu' and got a lucky link....
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:34:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Congratulations! You have proved your Google-Fu. As a reward, take one giant step forward

And they say us old timers are afraid to try and learn new things, Google is your friend (until it isn't)  
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:03:43 PM EDT
[#24]
[

Congratulations! You have proved your Google-Fu. As a reward, take one giant step forward

And they say us old timers are afraid to try and learn new things, Google is your friend (until it isn't)  
View Quote

Hey, Google and I go waaaaayyy back...I remember when it was just a babe named Goo.. I's be interterneted leterate and why-fried for an old fart....
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:54:56 PM EDT
[#25]
I might should've put this here instead of starting an new thread, but here is the link to the Shooting Bench design post that I need you guys to give me some feedback on....Any suggestion is welcome....
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 6:07:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Angry Emu and Half Emu both sound good to me.  The Half Fawn thing was mostly directed towards stodgy members who can't take a joke. It was in good fun.

Emu, thanks for the kind words. I don't feel like we are doing much more than getting a big group of friends together, so it doesn't feel like work. I'm just glad that people have shown the interest to make these HTF events happen.

Fire Brigade shirts will be on the list.

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 6:10:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

* Event Produced by Half Fawn Productions!  

The pictures from last years Fall Shoot show what a determined group of people are capable of doing as well as showcase SC's organizational skills and MFF's getting it done. Both went above and beyond!
View Quote

Any time I can be a part of getting shooters together for fellowship amd range time, I'm all for it.

I'm not sure if there is a minimum number or what in regards to the shirts. I'll have to get with MFF because he took care of that last year.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:31:26 PM EDT
[#28]
If I remember it was 50. Or maybe it was that if we had at least that many it was cheaper. I'm buying at least two either way, more if my bro in law can make it with me.

Eta: How about GAHTF Fall shoot at half emu ranch, brought to you by portable fawn productions.

Man I suck at this today. I know, I know.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:36:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
If I remember it was 50. Or maybe it was that if we had at least that many it was cheaper. I'm buying at least two either way, more if my bro in law can make it with me.

Eta: How about GAHTF Fall shoot at half emu ranch, brought to you by portable fawn productions.

Man I suck at this today. I know, I know.
View Quote

I'm usually in for two as well when shirts are available. Love me some gun related shirts.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:20:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Sorry guys, guess I'm out this year.  The family is spread out around the country that week.  My daughter and youngest son are coming back from Florida on 9/25, and the wife and oldest son are flying back from California on 9/26.

I'll be driving all over the place collecting family rather than shooting that weekend.

-bob

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 7:53:16 AM EDT
[#31]
That sux Bob!!! Was hoping you could make it!

Family first, been there done that, all my life. But why does it always happen on the weekends that we wanna have fun?!?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:46:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Sorry guys, guess I'm out this year.  The family is spread out around the country that week.  My daughter and youngest son are coming back from Florida on 9/25, and the wife and oldest son are flying back from California on 9/26.

I'll be driving all over the place collecting family rather than shooting that weekend.

-bob

View Quote

Sorry to hear it Bob.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 1:20:46 AM EDT
[#33]
The bitch of it is that whole week i'll be home by myself, which would normally be the perfect time to load ammo, drag my crap out, and generally make the kind of mess that would give my wife a nervous tick!

Awell, I can look forward to next year, and to any scattered smaller shoots between times.

-bob
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:19:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The bitch of it is that whole week i'll be home by myself, which would normally be the perfect time to load ammo, drag my crap out, and generally make the kind of mess that would give my wife a nervous tick!

Awell, I can look forward to next year, and to any scattered smaller shoots between times.

-bob
View Quote

We'll definitely have more shoots. Maybe we need to have a designated GAHTF NFA shoot weekend planned as well as the normal shoots.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:08:38 AM EDT
[#35]
I think we could have a big shoot about once a quarter, with smaller ones to fill in between. Probably though, the Spring and Fall events would be the better attended ones just because the weather would likely be better. But, I can easily see a goodly number of the die-hard members showing up in January and July, simply because a shoot was being held! (And calling the no-shows weenies for not having the guts to brave the elements! )

Anyone who is interested in planning additional events, large or small, at the "Angry Emu Range" outside Madison, (thanks for the moniker, and mascot graphic, Draconis! ) need only get in touch with me, like Southerncross did, and arrangements will be made! For that matter, if you want to take on quarterly events, Southercross, I'm all for it. That would be a TON of thankless effort, but if you had a group of like minded folk to split the chores, it might be a more realistic endeavor. One person in charge of food, another for range prep, another for T-shirts, someone else for porta potties, yet another for organizing Range Officers, etc., etc. Some of those positions have pretty much been filled already for this Fall Shoot. Quarterly Shoots means planning the next shoot, at a meeting held during the current shoot, with plenty of dedicated volunteers working hard to make it happen.

Yeah, it's a bit of a pipe dream, but to pull off quarterly events, plus maybe a few smaller, specialty, events in between them, it's gonna take a lot of organization, and many hands to make for light work. I've never seen a lack of volunteers in the GAHTF, but it'll take a GOOD straw boss, with plenty of luck and planning, to fill a calendar with successful events.

Currently we have the Fall Shoot in September, and Cola Warrior SE in (I think) March, on the calendar, because Southerncross and Ytka have stepped forward and are organizing those events. The rest of the calendar is wide open.....

I've got the place, if y'all've got the time, energy, and funds!!!
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:36:25 AM EDT
[#36]
I've talked a bit with a few certain individuals about it, and the consensus has been that two annual events and a few floating events works just fine, so long as folks get into it. Honestly, I'm just about at capacity doing the fall shoot and CWSE right now, let alone other events.  I'd certainly like to see a few like minded individuals step up and put something on at the same venues at quaterly intervals when we don't have tentative plans. It's great fun to make it to an event you didn't have to plan/execute.

Edit- cue Redgoat and his place being open to a shoot. . .
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:12:59 AM EDT
[#37]
I think a Spring Fling HTF Shoot and a Fall HTF Shoot would probably be about right. That way there is no burn out and I think its easier to just plan two big Annual Shoots and then have some specialty events IE more like a Saturday get together with a specific theme/reason: MOA Challenge, Poker Shoot, Test your latest Build, 80 percent build party (just kidding on the last one).
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 10:08:40 AM EDT
[#38]
I'm all for  hosting again the third or fourth weekend in March again. When is Cola Warrior? Don't want any conflicting dates. I can move to the middle/end of April if necessary.

Link Posted: 7/9/2015 7:09:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I'm all for  hosting again the third or fourth weekend in March again. When is Cola Warrior? Don't want any conflicting dates. I can move to the middle/end of April if necessary.

View Quote

CWSE doesn't have a hard date yet, but will very soon.  We'll probably start the thread in GD between Sept/Oct.  Since CW West is going to be around the first of April, we will most likely be having Southeast two or three weeks prior to that.  I think mid to late April would be great.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 12:20:37 PM EDT
[#40]
in +1
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 8:22:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
in +1
View Quote

Gotcha
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 11:01:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Hope to make it southerncross. I really enjoyed it last year.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 11:10:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Hope to make it southerncross. I really enjoyed it last year.
View Quote

I'm glad you did. That's the whole point of getting everybody together. Seems people are pretty excited about these big events, and the more people we have that can commit to them, the better they will be.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 4:04:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm in +1

Good.

Actually...I'm out.  Sbarker decided to get hitched that weekend.

If the date changes, I'll be in again.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 9:45:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm in +1

Good.

Noted.
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 11:18:35 PM EDT
[#46]
More updates coming soon. Been getting hammered at work recently.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 2:19:04 PM EDT
[#47]
They let you drink at work? Niceeeeeeeeee.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 4:27:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Who was it at last years shoot that brought the go-pro and posted all the video and what not? I wanna say coworker but not sure.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 6:28:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 9:30:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
They let you drink at work? Niceeeeeeeeee.
View Quote

It would make it so much more pleasant if I could.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top