Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 11:31:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Any extra tickets? Or anyone not going Sunday?

I went last year and passed on my ticket to someone else for Sunday morning....and he gave it to someone for Sunday evening :-)
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 6:57:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Anything interesting at Mircrotech?
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 9:01:22 AM EDT
[#3]
The line to get in is unbelievable.
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 9:02:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I have two VIP passes. They get you in for $15 all three days.
I am going again today and will be there about noon.
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 12:07:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Did anyone else notice Bill Geissele and his son walking amongst us? It was cool to see him again. Bill is a real down to earth gentleman and he makes the best AR triggers on planet Earth!
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 12:35:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Sitting at big chow where is everyone?
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 12:40:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 2:46:15 PM EDT
[#8]
We were there from about noon until around 2:00. Lots of people and tons of manpurses. We didn't buy anything but my son was twitching at nearly every booth we hovered around. I think he picked up every free catalog that was available if anyone needs anything specific.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 11:06:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Went Friday and picked up a Southern Grind Spider Monkey.

Went back Saturday and got a Winkler Field Knife to replace my Winkler TAD Edition Belt Knife.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 11:35:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Was it me or were prices kind of high? I saw some great looking knives… too many knives and not enough money! But I hardly saw anything under $250 worth purchasing!

Maybe it's my champagne taste on a beer budget
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 12:34:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Was it me or were prices kind of high? I saw some great looking knives… too many knives and not enough money! But I hardly saw anything under $250 worth purchasing!

View Quote

The mass-produced knives like Spyderco and Cold Steel were there as well, but a lot of what is at the Blade Show is custom work.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 12:36:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

This was the first time I've been and I walked away thinking the same thing. Lots of beautiful knives priced well above a number I'd even try to negotiate down from. We left empty handed.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 1:22:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

I agree prices seemed alot higher than last year.

The large knife retailers had deals but none of the manufactures had any deals.

Knife works and smkw had good prices on esee zt and other things.

Southern grind im on the fence... knives are mass produced computer designed and all cnc cut no real craftsmanship but definitely a craftsman price.

I will say I was really turned on at the Tops booth they had alot to choose from but most blades are 1095 but the prices was high for 1095 imo.

KaBar was ok this year nothing really new to report.

Ontario Knife Co seems to be lacking they have not showed up with anything that has really turned my key in a few years.

Now the DPX Gear HEFT 12 Chop is very high on my list it is set to come out in about 3 to 4 months they are going to start beta testing soon and they are working on a sheath. I hope to be able to be one of the testers seemed to get in good with them so we will see.

I will be doing beta testing or Darex Work Sharp so thats a step in the right direction for me.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 7:57:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 8:51:37 PM EDT
[#15]

Thats what I'm talkin' bout. Those Rustick knives are sick!
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 9:09:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Where the hell was everybody?  Ytka, Foreman2000, and myself and Southerncross Jr were at Big Chow around 12:30-1.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 9:11:56 PM EDT
[#17]
This was $100. It came with a Kydex sheath that I adjusted for a 45 degree carry. This is the perfect size/weight I needed for riding the ATV around the camp.
Shadow Tech Knives.

Someone had RAT-3's for $75, but I got this instead.

</a>" />
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 9:29:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
This was $100. It came with a Kydex sheath that I adjusted for a 45 degree carry. This is the perfect size/weight I needed for riding the ATV around the camp.
Shadow Tech Knives.

View Quote

I picked up something from Shadow Tech at last year's show, and I really like it.  The guy at the table has always been really nice to deal with.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 9:30:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Where the hell was everybody?  Ytka, Foreman2000, and myself and Southerncross Jr were at Big Chow around 12:30-1.
View Quote

Big Chow was almost sparse compared to the pizza place across the way.  That was our first time at Big Chow, but we really liked it.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 9:36:42 PM EDT
[#20]

Got a Hinderer.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 9:44:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Shadow Tech Knives.

http://<a href=http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x119/KingTiger_photo/Knife%20002_zpsg88s1nuh.jpg</a>" />
View Quote

I bought one of theirs that looks a lot like that one for $75. I think it's the smaller version.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 9:53:44 PM EDT
[#22]
They had alot of fixed blade choices w/sheaths in the $70 - $120 range.

I looked at them for 30 minutes, & there were minor differences that weren't easy to spot.

I've started working on the edge, it should be getting better shortly.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 11:21:04 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

I ate dinner with Rick and his wife Saturday night. Very nice people humble and full of knowledge.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 11:28:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I ate dinner with Rick and his wife Saturday night. Very nice people humble and full of knowledge.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Cool. How did you manage that?
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 8:26:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
They had alot of fixed blade choices w/sheaths in the $70 - $120 range.

I looked at them for 30 minutes, & there were minor differences that weren't easy to spot.

I've started working on the edge, it should be getting better shortly.
View Quote

Yeah, mine needs a little attention too. I'll probably work on it one day this week.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 11:32:25 AM EDT
[#26]
I am glad I went . I got to see a few of you guys again.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 12:10:03 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

Can you show the opposite side of that knife?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 1:15:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Thanks!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thanks!

Here you go:

The photos made the scale looks blueish, as a matter of fact, Hinderer called it blue/black color.  In real life, it looks much darker.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 1:39:22 PM EDT
[#29]
holy fuck.  i am visiting Atlanta on vacation since last week & just opened this thread.  had been jonesing bigtime for a Bark River for my hiking ventures.

fuck my life....

will have to console myself w/ some bbq, i guess.  am pretty fucking pissed as i hit the Submit button.  sounds like it would have been something to see.

any gun shows coming up in the next week?

Link Posted: 6/8/2015 2:09:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
holy fuck.  i am visiting Atlanta on vacation since last week & just opened this thread.  had been jonesing bigtime for a Bark River for my hiking ventures.

fuck my life....

will have to console myself w/ some bbq, i guess.  am pretty fucking pissed as i hit the Submit button.  sounds like it would have been something to see.

any gun shows coming up in the next week?

View Quote

Believe there's one in Dalton or Rome this weekend, can't remember which. Eastman, so unless you have other business in the area probably not worth the drive.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 2:20:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Believe there's one in Dalton or Rome this weekend, can't remember which. Eastman, so unless you have other business in the area probably not worth the drive.
View Quote

appreciate the response.  still learning my way around this part of the country from S FL, but those look a bit far of a drive, especially since my intention was mostly just looking around casually.

still medium pissed about the knife show miss.  will double down on bbq as consolation prize before i head back down to FL.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 3:12:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Don't get too down. Bark River doesn't exhibit at BLADE and there was not a Bark River to be found.

For an International Level knife show.....it is pretty underwhelming. Its more like a state level event in my opinion.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 3:27:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
For an International Level knife show.....it is pretty underwhelming. Its more like a state level event in my opinion.
View Quote

Wow - what other knife shows have you been too that make this one seem smaller?

I've never been to any other besides the Blade Show, but I would think it's at least big enough to be considered a national-level event.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 4:13:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I've never been to any other besides the Blade Show, but I would think it's at least big enough to be considered a national-level event.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't been to larger, but I HAVE been to a ton of Industry Trade Shows. I just expected a better presentation. BLADE was very weak for what it is.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 4:37:25 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

Awesome!
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 4:44:57 PM EDT
[#36]
What about that SIC A$$ F650 monster truck?! Sorry about the crappy iPhone photo

[/URL][/img]
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 8:58:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Prices were underwhelming. I went with a friend who was seeking out a knife that a vendor was also selling online, he wanted $10 more for it at the show and tried to claim it was because of shipping. Another of the independent vendors got pissed at us when we told them their price was $30 too high, thankfully we found someone else who actually wanted to sell some knives. It reminded me a lot of gun shows where people will end up dragging out the same crap year after year.

I almost bought a knife from the Rat Worx guys, they were super nice and have a neat auto knife system.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 9:24:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

After the show I steed with the guys from going gear and we all went to dinner together. Going gear just started selling Hinderer knives.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 10:16:36 AM EDT
[#39]
Yep, I didn't see any Bark River or Blackjack knives. Cool things I did see, despite the heavy pricing were an Al Mar Warrior like this

and a Tom Brown Tracker

The Al Mar was $1800 and the Tracker was $2200.

There were a ton of Randalls. I didn't see one under $300, not even a miniature.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 10:35:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Portal To Amazing

If I had $450 bones to throw at a knife I would most definitely use but almost cry doing so, this would be it.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 7:41:50 PM EDT
[#41]
I didn't go, but the Winkler "Traditions Line" rustled my jimmies more than his knives normally do-
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top