Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2015 9:03:53 PM EDT
I have hhgregg and best buy close to me. Just wondering if anything else?
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:04:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh looking for 4k one at that.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:18:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Kick the tires at a box store and compare prices online.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:26:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I watch slickdeals. There was some Sony 4ks earlier this year at best buy for about half their normal price.

I'll buy a 4k TV in a few years. 1080p is just fine for now.

The last TV I bought was a mid grade Samsung smart tv 55" 1080p led. It was a special $600 shipped.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:33:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Amazon
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:34:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I didn't know you could buy a transvestite!!!  

And why would you want to?!?!?

ETA: Oh, I get it. No, I don't know where TV's buy all those plus size ladies clothes....

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:12:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Seen some good prices. But I never really felt Walmart TV's. I seen a 4k 55 visio for under 700. But never know anyone to buy one.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 5:50:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Costco is usually pretty competitive, and often ca get them to find you an opened box deal!
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 7:06:56 AM EDT
[#8]
I do most of my pricing online.  TigerDirect.com usually has some awesome deal going on.  If not, then I head to Walmart and have them price match the best deal I can find.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 7:10:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Seen some good prices. But I never really felt Walmart TV's. I seen a 4k 55 visio for under 700. But never know anyone to buy one.
View Quote

DO NOT BUY ELECTRONICS ESPECIALLY TV FROM WALMART.

Their return policy is horrible, 30 days with receipt.  After that, you deal with the manufacturer.

Costco does have better return and warranty service.  If you buy a TV from Costco, you may consider buying the extra warranty.  I know Clark Howard preach against buying extended warranty, but it's your money and your tv.  Put your mind at ease by having extra protection.

Before you buy from any store, ask about their return policy and keep the receipt.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 7:19:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Amazon
View Quote

Still this
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 10:24:35 AM EDT
[#11]
There's always Walmart.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 11:06:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
There's always Walmart.
View Quote

See two posts above.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 11:26:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

See two posts above.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There's always Walmart.

See two posts above.

I've never had an issue.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 11:35:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I've never had an issue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
There's always Walmart.

See two posts above.

I've never had an issue.

You never had any issue returning big ticket electronics to Walmart or you never had issues with major electronic appliances purchased at Walmart?
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 1:05:45 PM EDT
[#15]
My buddy got his 70" (non-4k) cheaper at micro center than Costco and Sam's. Costco and Sam's are both usually pretty competitive when it comes to tvs. Or find what you like and order online like was mentioned is my advice...
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 4:28:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Brand Smart was fair  to me. They had later models available than Best Buy or HH Gregg had when I bought my Samsung.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 7:43:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Right now there's really no point spending the extra money for 4k. Very little is shot in it and even fewer broadcast mediums can support it.

It's kinda like shelling out for a Barrett M107 in .416 Barrett but having to use a .308 conversion kit in it because either nobody is making ammo for it or you can't find it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 2:11:51 PM EDT
[#18]
After the news was just released that police shoot more whites than blacks I think we will see some discounts in the future
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 9:45:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Yes after talking to dtv, best buy, n hhgregg. I decided to spend the money I would on a 4k on a bigger HD TV!!
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 1:38:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You never had any issue returning big ticket electronics to Walmart or you never had issues with major electronic appliances purchased at Walmart?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
There's always Walmart.

See two posts above.

I've never had an issue.

Never had to return one. Had a friend who did; got a return authorization from the manufacturer, sent the TV in, and received a new one. Not that big a deal IMHO.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:20:02 PM EDT
[#21]
when did walmart change that policy?  they used to take anything back as long as you had a receipt.  no length of time.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 5:06:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
when did walmart change that policy?  they used to take anything back as long as you had a receipt.  no length of time.
View Quote

They must have changed a few things, like price matching(from their own store no less). Went to buy a new foreman grill and had priced it at that store online, and the only one around with that particular model in stock anyway which is why we went out if our way to go to that one. Had their website pulled up showing the manager the price and she refused to sell it to us for the $30 mark down after 30 minutes of her "checking policy".

I just smiled and walked to the nearby bench, ordered the grill online with free in store pickup from that location. Within five minutes I was back at her counter with my email receipt and said "I'm here to pick up an online order, oh I believe I see it right there" as I pointed out the same grill we had just tried to purchase.

I hate walmart, how do they keep suckering me into spending money there a few times a year?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 7:48:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

They must have changed a few things, like price matching(from their own store no less). Went to buy a new foreman grill and had priced it at that store online, and the only one around with that particular model in stock anyway which is why we went out if our way to go to that one. Had their website pulled up showing the manager the price and she refused to sell it to us for the $30 mark down after 30 minutes of her "checking policy".

I just smiled and walked to the nearby bench, ordered the grill online with free in store pickup from that location. Within five minutes I was back at her counter with my email receipt and said "I'm here to pick up an online order, oh I believe I see it right there" as I pointed out the same grill we had just tried to purchase.

I hate walmart, how do they keep suckering me into spending money there a few times a year?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because it's cheap.  Same reason I go back.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:04:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Bought a 49" 4k Sony Smart TV with installed webcam/mic for skype off of Amazon for approx $1300 shipped to my door.  I thought 1080P was the cats meow till I turned this on.  My wife and I started just looking for 4k content off of Netflix, just to stare at the picture.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top