Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2015 8:20:23 PM EDT
Why do you have a SBR? Any particular reason or need? Just wondering why you own one.
Thanks
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:29:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Why do you have a SBR? Any particular reason or need? Just wondering why you own one.
Thanks
View Quote

Because we can.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:29:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Cuz we can.

Edit with pic of non-AR SBR's.

And Poison, you beat me by 8 seconds.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:56:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I really like the balance of the weapon, especially with a suppressor on the end.

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 9:15:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Because a 16.25" barrel plus 6" of suppressor would be very long, but a 10.5" barrel plus 6" of suppressor works out nicely.  And if it is something that doesn't require a buffer tube like a traditional DI AR15 then you store or carry it in a lot of places including the center console of some cars.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 10:34:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Why would anyone ever only have one? That's crazy talk.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 11:09:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 6:41:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Because life's too short for long barrels.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 7:05:47 AM EDT
[#8]
because only the tier one, cool kids rock them at the range

waiting on my form one e-file
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 8:13:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Because some of us don't need to over compensate with a longer barrel.....

Because it's not the size that matters, it's how you use it...

'MERICA!!!!
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:45:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Okay, another question. If I wanted to do an AR SBR, would it be better (functioning and expense wise) to buy an AR pistol, have it on the "Form" and then add a stock of my choice or use a rifle and change out the upper to a short barrel, after obtaining my stamp?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:10:43 AM EDT
[#11]
If you are going to build a form 1 then building it as a pistol allows you to function check the lower before spending another $200 on it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:11:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Okay, another question. If I wanted to do an AR SBR, would it be better (functioning and expense wise) to buy an AR pistol, have it on the "Form" and then add a stock of my choice or use a rifle and change out the upper to a short barrel, after obtaining my stamp?

Thanks
View Quote

Function it should make no difference.  Cost could go either way too depending on what you currently have.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 1:23:22 PM EDT
[#13]

On my last one, I told the ATF that my reason for wanting it was "Chicks Dig Stubby Barrels."

I think I have a clip of my F4 somewhere....

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 7:55:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Because you can't shoulder a pistol.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:10:06 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote
Ah hem. Sig brace.

Link Posted: 4/21/2015 5:10:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sure you can, the ATF even explained that how one holds ones weapon doesn't change its class or nomenclature. Of course, they changed their minds and said you can't shoulder a Sig Brace but that doesn't mean you can't shoulder a pistol AR with a Paracord wrapped buffer tube with a tennis ball on the end (for visibility of course so one doesn't poke their eye out with an unsafe bare pistol buffer tube)! Actually saw this at a range in NC two weeks ago. Ruling pending after some idiot asks the ATF if its OK or not.

Odd how ATF contradicts themselves twice in the same paragraph. You can hold or shoulder an AR15 pistol without a Sig Brace anyway you like and its still an AR15 Pistol. Take the same AR15 pistol holding it anyway you like but mount a vertical grip to the rail and now all of a sudden its an AOW and illegal! Replace the vertical grip with a Magpul angled grip and Voila, its legal again! Take the same AR15 pistol and put a Sig Brace on it and its still an AR15 Pistol, shoulder said Sig Brace AR15 pistol and Voila, its now an illegal SBR! But Mr Agent Man, I am not shouldering the Sig Brace, I just have it really close to my shoulder for proper sight alignment/sight picture, Doh!

This is all just fun reading of recent ATF rulings and is for entertainment, not legal advice.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 11:36:35 AM EDT
[#17]
this is about to turn into a GAHTF SBR picture thread
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 11:47:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 1:41:54 PM EDT
[#19]
I approve of an HTF SBR pic thread.

Link Posted: 4/21/2015 4:30:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Home defense while preserving my hearing.

They are cool as hell.  Once you have owned one, they multiply and anything that isn't an sbr is really only good in certain situations.

Re: pistol?  What config are you wanting to end up with?  I think alot of the appeal there is to get the weapon prior to a form being approved so everything can be setup/ vetted (minus the stock of course) before getting married to the lower.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 4:31:43 PM EDT
[#21]
I think the real question is, Why would you have a long barrel with an intermediate cartridge?

This is after Accurate Ordnance did mine in Patriot Brown. 1x4 has been replaced with a micro red dot.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 4:45:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Re: pistol?  What config are you wanting to end up with?  I think alot of the appeal there is to get the weapon prior to a form being approved so everything can be setup/ vetted (minus the stock of course) before getting married to the lower.
View Quote

I was just thinking of a 10.5" barrel version. Still kicking the idea around, so I'm not sure what I want. As you mentioned, I could have the pistol and be shooting it while waiting on paperwork, then slap a stock on it and go (after having the pistol engraved).
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 5:16:15 PM EDT
[#23]
I have a few stripped lowers laying around and I am going to do a SBR. I can't decide what caliber. I'm leaning toward a 10" .300 Blk.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 6:10:01 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I have a few stripped lowers laying around and I am going to do a SBR. I can't decide what caliber. I'm leaning toward a 10" .300 Blk.
View Quote
The good thing about registering a lower is you can have as many different calibre and length uppers for it as you want.

Link Posted: 4/21/2015 11:41:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Yep, no question; the balance and feel of an SBR rifle whether suppressed or not is excellent.

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 1:32:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Because this is a sexy gun and I am all about having the sexiest guns.

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 1:36:02 AM EDT
[#27]
And sometimes I just do it for fun...

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:13:04 AM EDT
[#28]
When I get home I'll take a pic of mine for yall to beat off to
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top