Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2015 8:17:10 PM EDT
I have been very excited about the GLOCK 43.  I'm not a fan-body by any means, but I shoot GLOCK pistols for work and carry one duty.  I was really looking forward to getting my hands on a blue label 43.  I was getting excited about it!  I drove to Adventure outdoors and there I see one of my co-workers at the register.  He yells over to me, "Hope you aren't here for a GLOCK 43!  I bought the last four!"  I could have killed him.  It looks like I'm waiting 3 to 4 months now to get my hands on one because I'm sure as hell not paying over $360 for one.  I was sooooooooo looking forward to ditching my Kahr PM9 as my EDC.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:19:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Ed's Public Safety in stockbridge has been getting them in regularly. I bought one on Monday and another today. They had about 40 this morning. They have sold 200 since middle of last week.
The ones they have, have the Ameriglo HD style night sights. Blue Label price on them is $447 plus tax.

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:23:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought Blue Label price was set by GLOCK?

ETA: Was that with night sights?
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:48:25 PM EDT
[#3]
No shop should sell 4 to one guy.  

I called in a favor to an LE wholesaler buddy of mine and got my boss and I one each.  They showed up on Wednesday.  They were white label guns though.  

I have always advocated having relationships with those that work at your local shop.  It pays out in times like this.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 1:56:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, I'm about to head out to Australia, but when I get back I'll probably start hitting the phones to try to get a Blue Label box.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 3:04:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Why the HELL did he by four of them ???
What an Ass Hat...
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 4:09:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What an Ass Hat...
View Quote
Guy had to be joking.

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 4:24:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

It is....I mentioned that the 43's they had were with the AmeriGlo HD Night Sights.

Standard sight price is $358 and with the AmeriGlo HD's they are $447.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 7:31:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It is....I mentioned that the 43's they had were with the AmeriGlo HD Night Sights.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oops!  That's why I'll never be a detective.  My powers of observation are not the best.
I'll keep my fingers crossed that I can get one when I get back stateside!
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 7:32:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Guy had to be joking.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What an Ass Hat...
Guy had to be joking.  

Nope.  He was standing there completing the paperwork on the four 43s when I walked in.  Damn him!!!
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:16:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Nope.  He was standing there completing the paperwork on the four 43s when I walked in.  Damn him!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What an Ass Hat...
Guy had to be joking.  

Remind him that buying guns for resale without a license is not much different than selling weed from a legal standpoint
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 9:29:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Here's a blue label on the ODT, could it be your friend?

http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/fs-glock-43-nib.913141/
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 9:30:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Remind him that buying guns for resale without a license is not much different than selling weed from a legal standpoint
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What an Ass Hat...
Guy had to be joking.  

Were they all blue label?
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 8:47:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Here's a blue label on the ODT, could it be your friend?

http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/fs-glock-43-nib.913141/
View Quote

A new member, he just got it, didn't shoot it and "doesn't like it", so he'll make $300 bucks in the meantime.  Nice.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:05:56 AM EDT
[#14]
And somebody will pay it.  To bad glock won't take the info and black ball him from the blue label program.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 12:01:22 PM EDT
[#15]
One of my other co-workers heard my story and brought his in for me to try out.  Damn, it shot good!!!  Now I have to get my hands on one.  I shot just as well with it as I shoot with my GLOCK 22 and my issued GLOCK 35.  It took a small amount of dialing in on the trigger to get used to the pull, but after a couple magazines I was there and hitting well.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 9:27:52 PM EDT
[#16]
One of them showed up at my house, today. I can t wait to shoot it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 9:58:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What an Ass Hat...
Guy had to be joking.  

Until recently, Glock had an unwritten guideline that officers were only supposed to buy a maximum of 2 Blue Label guns per year.  Recently they sent out a formal directive to LE distributors that officers were limited to 2 per year.  Selling more than 2 to an officer is a violation of the LE distributor agreement and could cause the distributor to lose their contract.  

Of course the officer could have been buying them on a letterhead request, for his agency, which would be fine.  
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 10:11:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Of course the officer could have been buying them on a letterhead request, for his agency, which would be fine.  
View Quote

I could be wrong but Agency purchases don't require 4473's (if that was the paperwork that the Op's "buddy was filling out) to be filed.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 10:41:19 PM EDT
[#19]
That is correct.  He didn't mention what sort of paperwork he was doing.  Also, some private security firms , like Ga Power corp security, can buy larger quantities and they do use a 4473.  

His post did give the impression that his buddy was buying on a 4473.  Glock has been known to cancel contracts with large distributors over very small violations of their agreements.

Link Posted: 4/21/2015 11:42:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Until recently, Glock had an unwritten guideline that officers were only supposed to buy a maximum of 2 Blue Label guns per year.  Recently they sent out a formal directive to LE distributors that officers were limited to 2 per year.  Selling more than 2 to an officer is a violation of the LE distributor agreement and could cause the distributor to lose their contract.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What an Ass Hat...
Guy had to be joking.  

This is why I asked if all four were blue label.

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 2:29:43 AM EDT
[#21]
I picked mine up today and got a holster directly afterwards.  It is VERY close to the 42, but I definitely like it!  It's going to be my go-to for EDC, especially on the bike.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 9:04:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Glocks "Blue Label" program is flawed at best.....

I attempted to carry "Blue Label" guns several years ago and it wasn't worth the hassle for a few dollars profit per gun nor the associated BS you have to endure.

The "Blue Label" distributors who are also retail gun stores take care of their walk in customers before they supply the competition.

You also have to sign an agreement with your competition to refer all LE sales to them other than those to individual officers.

How many so called "Blue Label" dealers in the State have/had 43's other than Ed's and AO..??  

I assume this is why Clyde's in Athens doesn't stock Glock...????

When Glocks makes "Blue Label" guns available through legitimate distributors I'll gladly reconsider my position on the subject.

td
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 9:59:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I attempted to carry "Blue Label" guns several years ago and it wasn't worth the hassle for a few dollars profit per gun nor the associated BS you have to endure.

The "Blue Label" distributors who are also retail gun stores take care of their walk in customers before they supply the competition.

You also have to sign an agreement with your competition to refer all LE sales to them other than those to individual officers.

How many so called "Blue Label" dealers in the State have/had 43's other than Ed's and AO..??  

When Glocks makes "Blue Label" guns available through legitimate distributors I'll gladly reconsider my position on the subject.

td
View Quote

GT Distributors up in Rossville has them as well.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:24:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

td

Wasn't aware of that but I don't do business with any distributor that's also competition.

I have to compete with them when I quote ammo and gear for local LE.

I also refuse to do business with Chattanooga Shooting Supply who also sells retail under Natchez. They are famous for selling hard to get shit at retail through Natchez but it's out of stock when you try to order it through Chattanooga. I don't blame them but I sure as hell refuse to support them with my business.

While I'm on the subject it amazes me when I see a small business buying supplies at Sams Club or using them to process credit cards. Talk about a can't lose scenario for WalMart...

Hell, I guess I've lived long enough to learn to hate everything and everybody

td with nothing but love for the GAHTH
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 3:55:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Wasn't aware of that but I don't do business with any distributor that's also competition.

I have to compete with them when I quot ammo and gear for local LE.

I also refuse to do business with Chattanooga Shooting Supply who also sells retail under Natchez. They are famous for selling hard to get shit at retail through Natchez but it's out of stock when you try to order it through Chattanooga. I don't blame them but I sure as hell refuse to support them with my business.

While I'm on the subject it amazes me when I see a small business buying supplies at Sams Club or using them to process credit cards. Talk about a can't lose scenario for WalMart...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

td

Aside from small fill in items I don't understand why you'd buy anything from distributors. From what I've seen if you want to be competitive, you have to be a stocking dealer and going factory direct. The pricing I have from CSS is on par with internet prices.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 4:44:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Aside from small fill in items I don't understand why you'd buy anything from distributors. From what I've seen if you want to be competitive, you have to be a stocking dealer and going factory direct. The pricing I have from CSS is on par with internet prices.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

td

Very few independent shops do enough volume to go manufacture direct especially when Glock, S&W ETC can't even keep up with orders from distributors like Sports South and Ellett Bros.

The only way I've found keep prices low and remain competitive is  through so called stocking dealer programs and promotions through distributors.

One good example is buying 10 Ruger 10/22's and get one free. Cost average the "free" gun into your per unit price and you can beat WalMart by a few dollars.

td
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 4:58:40 PM EDT
[#27]
I was able to pick up a Glock 43 today. It feels great in the hand, and I plan on getting out and shooting it tonight or tomorrow. I've already ordered some Taran Tactical basepads in a +1 and +2 configuration. Hopefully they'll be here by the weekend.

My 43:

Taran Tactical Basepads (not my 43):

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 6:43:30 PM EDT
[#28]
What's the street price of these 43s?
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 6:45:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
What's the street price of these 43s?
View Quote

I paid $435. I've seen rape prices as high as $569.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 7:24:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Most major manufacturers sell to distributors and KAMs (Dicks, Cabelas, BPS etc) only. Remington, Glock, HK, S&W- the only place a real gunshop can get them is through distribution.

Distributors have buying power by purchasing in bulk. They in turn can support the dealer who is needing one handgun, one, holster, one box of ammo etc. Major manufacturers typically don't want to support the manpower that it would take to process and fulfill those types of order. They prefer to ship pallets, not boxes. There are exclusions, like NF for example, but by and large almost any sporting goods manufacturer prefers the distributon model.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 4:43:54 PM EDT
[#31]
GT just called me, my blue label Glock 43 will be ready for pick up Monday. Must have had a lot of dropouts as they guestimated late June.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:46:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
GT just called me, my blue label Glock 43 will be ready for pick up Monday. Must have had a lot of dropouts as they guestimated late June.
View Quote

They got 250 of them in, last week. That is where mine came from. Glock has been making these guns since the end of last year. They knew that they would sell like hotcakes.

Now, if I could only find a decent holster...........
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:53:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

They got 250 of them in, last week. That is where mine came from. Glock has been making these guns since the end of last year. They knew that they would sell like hotcakes.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Black point tactical...

I'm sure if they haven't already got one in the oven, they'd be more than happy to purchase a G43 and make you one. Can't say enough about this place. Their leatherwing is an all day comfort to wear IMO.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:15:52 AM EDT
[#34]
As soon as I get back from Australia, I'll be hitting the phones looking for one!
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:54:02 PM EDT
[#35]
I got the OrgGunIzer pocket holster, today. Surprisingly, with the small baseplate on, the gun carries fairly well in Dockers and shorts.

I ran 100 rounds through it and blasted the shit out of the left half of the silhouette. I need to get used to the smaller grip. All-in-all, I am very pleased with this new gun.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 7:24:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sure you found one by now, but I ordered a Garrett Industries for my 43 which I just picked up yesterday. Awesome holsters.

BTW- if anyone wants to trade a Taran Tactical +1 for a +2 let me know. I bought two +1's, but think I'd like to have one of each. I'll throw in a few bucks for the difference in prices.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 11:08:05 PM EDT
[#37]
How many mags come with the blue line?
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 4:31:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
How many mags come with the blue line?
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top