Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2015 2:51:58 PM EDT
I saw this on Facebook a few times but nobody confronted these guys until a female vet stepped in. The news article says they are not sure if they where students as they would not give identification.

VIDEO

link
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 3:36:53 PM EDT
[#1]
One member of the group who declined to speak with The Valdosta Daily Times or identify himself told a VSU student that putting the American flag on the ground and walking on it was “a symbol of our protest. When a slave understands his situation and understands he doesn’t want to be in slavery, he does not respect or revere anything his slavemaster has put in front of him.”
View Quote

Then get the hell out.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 3:48:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Then get the hell out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
One member of the group who declined to speak with The Valdosta Daily Times or identify himself told a VSU student that putting the American flag on the ground and walking on it was “a symbol of our protest. When a slave understands his situation and understands he doesn’t want to be in slavery, he does not respect or revere anything his slavemaster has put in front of him.”

Then get the hell out.

No kidding.  Want to put odds on whether he's a net tax payer vs net tax recipient?    

I'm a reasonable guy, so I'm willing to offer a compromise: he can stay, but he's no longer allowed to consume a dime of someone else's tax money.  No tax refunds, no health insurance subsidies, no EBT, no federal financial aid, no free phones, no child credit, no police or fire services - nothing.  They're all just trappings of slavery, so he should reject them anyway.  I just don't want to be enslaved anymore by having my earnings confiscated to pay for someone else - he should understand that.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 5:26:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I saw that train wreck of a situation in GD.

Theft of property my ass.  I'm with her.  I couldn't have watched the flag being trampled.

If you hate it here so much, Delta's ready when you are.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:03:39 PM EDT
[#4]
It's sad when there's more respect from the athens protesters at uga
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:44:11 AM EDT
[#5]
you know..................................................................................

good for the vet, i'll be donating to her legal fund if she needs help, i'm sick of the disrespect towards this country, i'm sure they feel the same way about their phones and devices that are made in a communist country.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 12:59:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Years ago I knew of students that attended school in Jacksonville because valdosta state was such a turd school .

They paid the extra expense of travel and out of state tuition .

Seems like things have not improved since then .

Guess a pile of crap remains a pile of crap .

gd
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 2:25:11 PM EDT
[#7]
FYI She's an ex Playboy model and was kicked out of the Air Force after her Playboy spread,  guess she didn't have any issue with the flag when it was sued to cover hits and vagaina.

NSFW

http://i.imgur.com/Vougdcn.jpg

An Air Force veteran and former Playboy model was caught on video wrestling with police and protesters over an American flag that she thought was mistreated on a Georgia college campus on Friday.

Michelle Manhart -- known for resigning from the Air Force after she appeared in a Playboy spread -- picked up a tattered flag that demonstrators at Valdosta State University had trampled, the New York Daily News reports.

As part of their protest against racial inequality, some students stamped on the American flag, but Manhart took offense to their treatment of Old Glory.

"This belongs to the entire United States," Manhart says in a video of the ugly incident, which she later posted to Facebook and YouTube. She showed up, she claimed, because a student called and told her the flag was being defaced.

Campus cops and protesters, however, thought Manhart was out of line. Valdosta State officers, in the video, intervene and try getting back the Stars and Strips from Manhart, as she exchanges heated words with the protesters.

"You enslaved our people," one of the demonstrators says. "You put us in this white supremacist place. And you’re stealing our flag now."

Several officers tackle Manhart to the ground as they scuffle for control of the flag. One cop tells her, "That flag does not belong to you." In the end, it was returned to the protesters.

Manhart wasn't charged, but she's been barred from campus activities. She said she'll host her own demonstration to decry the defacing of the star-spangled banner.

"I was just going over there to pick up the flag off the ground. I don’t know what their cause is, but I went to pick it up because it doesn't deserve to be on the ground," she told the Valdosta Daily Times. "The bald eagle is a symbol of our country, and back in the 80s it was put on the endangered species list. You can’t touch that bird. It’s illegal. If we can do that with a bird, why can’t we place that same value on the flag.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 7:47:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
FYI She's an ex Playboy model and was kicked out of the Air Force after her Playboy spread,  guess she didn't have any issue with the flag when it was sued to cover hits and vagaina.

NSFW

http://i.imgur.com/Vougdcn.jpg

An Air Force veteran and former Playboy model was caught on video wrestling with police and protesters over an American flag that she thought was mistreated on a Georgia college campus on Friday.

Michelle Manhart -- known for resigning from the Air Force after she appeared in a Playboy spread -- picked up a tattered flag that demonstrators at Valdosta State University had trampled, the New York Daily News reports.

As part of their protest against racial inequality, some students stamped on the American flag, but Manhart took offense to their treatment of Old Glory.

"This belongs to the entire United States," Manhart says in a video of the ugly incident, which she later posted to Facebook and YouTube. She showed up, she claimed, because a student called and told her the flag was being defaced.

Campus cops and protesters, however, thought Manhart was out of line. Valdosta State officers, in the video, intervene and try getting back the Stars and Strips from Manhart, as she exchanges heated words with the protesters.

"You enslaved our people," one of the demonstrators says. "You put us in this white supremacist place. And you’re stealing our flag now."

Several officers tackle Manhart to the ground as they scuffle for control of the flag. One cop tells her, "That flag does not belong to you." In the end, it was returned to the protesters.

Manhart wasn't charged, but she's been barred from campus activities. She said she'll host her own demonstration to decry the defacing of the star-spangled banner.

"I was just going over there to pick up the flag off the ground. I don’t know what their cause is, but I went to pick it up because it doesn't deserve to be on the ground," she told the Valdosta Daily Times. "The bald eagle is a symbol of our country, and back in the 80s it was put on the endangered species list. You can’t touch that bird. It’s illegal. If we can do that with a bird, why can’t we place that same value on the flag.
View Quote

If those "protestors" don't like this country they can GTFO and go back to Africa.

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 2:19:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Serves in the military to support the American way of life, then goes full-retard when others exercise their First Amendment rights... Does not compute.

While I find it vile and just plain sad, the destruction and desecration of privately-owned U.S. flags has been upheld as constitutionally-protected free speech by SCOTUS three times (1969, 1989 and 1990).

It's easy to rally behind free speech when it's in our favor, but not so much when it clashes with our own political views; however, the 1A only works if it flows both ways.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 8:30:33 AM EDT
[#10]
so what would have happened if she started trampling on a African flag and spitting on it, that she personally owned I'm sure it would have been politely taken from her

I do agree they have the right to destroy an American flag, that's their rights. I just believe in the right of Joe public citizen to break out a 2x4 to defend our flag. if this country is so bad, why are all these douchebags still here  something interesting I saw on facebook, was pics of the bridge in Selma 50 years ago, almost everyone had American flags, then a pic of the 50th anniversary, almost no American flags and GW Bush edited out. why such hate, when this country has bent over backwards to lift up and help, how are these guys slaves I honestly would like to know
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:21:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
so what would have happened if she started trampling on a African flag and spitting on it, that she personally owned I'm sure it would have been politely taken from her

I do agree they have the right to destroy an American flag, that's their rights. I just believe in the right of Joe public citizen to break out a 2x4 to defend our flag. if this country is so bad, why are all these douchebags still here  something interesting I saw on facebook, was pics of the bridge in Selma 50 years ago, almost everyone had American flags, then a pic of the 50th anniversary, almost no American flags and GW Bush edited out. why such hate, when this country has bent over backwards to lift up and help, how are these guys slaves I honestly would like to know
View Quote

I agree with you. I sometimes wonder if the whole thing was a publicity stunt for Manhart. As the guys didn't really have a clear reason for what they we're doing. Didn't give any ID or group they where representing and let Manhart take away from their cause. Hell... I feel we are all slaves if you have a job and pay income tax, property tax and have any type of bank loan you are a slave to the system.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:33:58 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I agree with you. I sometimes wonder if the whole thing was a publicity stunt for Manhart. As the guys didn't really have a clear reason for what they we're doing. Didn't give any ID or group they where representing and let Manhart take away from their cause. Hell... I feel we are all slaves if you have a job and pay income tax, property tax and have any type of bank loan you are a slave to the system.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The federal government has been pro slavery since the early 19th century. They have done everything they can to destroy the modern family structure. The black families are living proof. If you have kids without a husband the .gov will give you more money. Just rely on uncle sugar. The government does everything they can to keep people relying on them. Benifits pay more than most entry jobs. So why go to work when all you have to do is wait at the mailbox for your check?  The black segment of society has been slaves and will continue to be until they open their eyes and realize they have to do for theirselves.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top