Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/4/2015 4:29:10 PM EDT
My schedule is clear.  We can proceed now.  May 30th HTF shoot at my place near Union Point, GA.

This is the only thread going forward for this.  

8 weeks from today.  That should be plenty of time to get ready.

Go!

ETA...

#1.  FYI.... I am currently out of tannerite.  You are more than welcome to bring some (or a similar legal product)
#2.  There is no fee for this or requirement of manual labor.  Both are appreciated, but are not necessary to come out and have a good time.  
#3.  You can drive up to the line, unload, and then park.  You don't have to haul your gear back and forth.  Nothing will happen to it when you park your vehicle.
#4.  The road in is suitable for cars.  I know we have had a Mustang out there at previous HTF shoots.  I would not drive a low rider or exotic 6 figure sports car out there.  
#5.  If you have directions, and no where in those directions mention the words "detour" or "bridge out".... you need new directions.  I am now located off of a cul-de-sac    I will send out directions before the shoot.
#6.  this is the country.  There are poisonous snakes, venomous spiders and feral dogs all over the place.  Be alert when you exit your vehicle, or before you take a seat in the library (outhouse)
#7.  NFA items are perfectly fine.
#8.  a R2D2 style smoker now lives out there.  Propane gas grill as well.  Water and power still work.  We are technically roughing it, as there is no cable TV or wifi

Roll Call.

If anything changes in your status, please let me know or post in the thread.  

I'm only going to post you once...If you posted in the other thread, I have you in the first part of the roll call.

Roll call from the other thread...

Me + 2
1.  Glockfan68
2. foerman2000 +1 (strong maybe)
3. Vote +1
4.  Jeep94 +1
5. Tok762 +1
6. crkrdice +1
7. wiseanhyzer
8. DaveS?
9. KingTiger +1
10. Bob_L +1
11. Redleg

And from this new thread...

12. Gandydancer
13. whiskerz (maybe)
14. RolandDeschain
15.  thegooch
16.  stickandrudder
17. joeys
18. loulouchika
19.  400North
bearman71
richirich69
kevonTN

yourcoworker +2 boys

waitlist

updated 5-25

daeven
amish Bill
groundlepus +1

I would love to have every one come out, but I don't know if I have the room.  I'd rather have 20 people and everyone has a great time, than have 40 people and everyone has a mediocre time.  

If the maybes can come, we have 20 people up to this point.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 4:48:17 PM EDT
[#1]
In like Flint!
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 5:12:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Hate to miss it. Hope you guys have a good time.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 5:34:46 PM EDT
[#3]
IN................................

me plus Mrs.Vote
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 6:52:16 PM EDT
[#4]
IN................

gd
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 7:07:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Maybe
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 9:24:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm IN.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 12:14:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Should be able to make it.

Maybe, some or all of my pending Form 1s and Form 4s will be in by that time.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 8:22:45 AM EDT
[#8]
In +1.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 8:51:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Roll call added to OP
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 10:53:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Maybe I can use this as an opportunity to finally sight in my DPMS GII.  I've had it for months but have only fired a few rounds to function test it, and at an indoor range no less (blech).

-bob

Link Posted: 4/6/2015 12:22:02 AM EDT
[#11]
In +1
ooops, didn't see me listed already.
Will work for range time
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 6:34:26 AM EDT
[#12]
I hate I'm going to miss this, but CW5 calls.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 10:38:39 AM EDT
[#13]
IN

I'm only 30-40min from Union Point and I'd be glad to come out for a work day if you have one before the shoot or come early to help.  Whatever, just let me know GAHUNTER95.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 11:39:49 AM EDT
[#14]
in!
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 1:37:41 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm already on the list to go but I'll be bringing a +1, my buddy Jeremy that I've brought before.  He'll bring an NFA toy or two as well.

-bob
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 2:37:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Good group of people so far!

If all the 'maybes' can come, that will put us at 20 people.  I'll say 5 more and that will be the limit.  

Even with 20 people we will have to take turns at the various firing positions.  With 25, a bit more so.  I can safely have around 10 people shooting at a time if we use the whole line.

Shoot some, take a break and reload mags, help by being a RO for a bit, shoot some more.  There should be plenty of trigger time for you.  

During the lunch break... we will be quiet.  Not a cold range, but a quiet range.  Subsonic and suppressed only!  No supersonics, so just 9mm, 45, 22lr, 300 blk....

I will let you know when I am going to be out there working if you'd like to come out and help.

All the regulars are the RO's for this as well.  It is in our best interest to look out for each other to ensure we have a safe and good time.  

I shouldn't have to say this but I will.  Eyes and ears are not optional.  There will be no alcohol consumption until we are done for the day.  

We will have to mow and trim around the target back stops before we shoot.  Less than an hour of work for this.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 3:42:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Long time lurker, this is my first post.

I'm in the Athens area and would love to attend! Sounds like a great time.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 4:32:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Possible +1 for me. I'll let him chime in if he logs in enough to check this and say if he's coming or not .
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 10:34:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Count me in. This is always a great event!!
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 11:01:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Hi y'all.  Been a while...I was in a major car accident and have been going through therapy after surgery
Just about back to normal thank goodness. If my progress continues to improve and doc says all is good, is this open to anyone? Would love to finally meet you all.  I'd probably bring a few friends too if that's ok.
Damn those teenagers texting and driving!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't think she'll ever do it again after all the minor has been through too.  

Loulou
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 1:57:26 PM EDT
[#21]
^ well this outta be good. I will make a guest appearance at lunch just to make sure y'all are ok and take a few pictures of the fallout.

In +1/2 briefly by lunch with food in hand.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 3:20:25 PM EDT
[#22]
And we are full...

Wait list starts now.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 5:16:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Can you put me and my red mustang on the wait list?
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 6:20:55 PM EDT
[#24]
RIchierich is in, well on the waiting list.

Rich
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 8:33:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Noted.

I'll update when I have a chance.

I was out there most of the weekend.   I started another line, and with some help, we could have another rifle lane done for the htf shoot.  This one would only be 75 yards, but I think it would be a lot of fun as it would be standing / steel, and it would be away from the other rifle lane.

Link Posted: 4/12/2015 9:24:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Noted.

I was out there most of the weekend.   I started another line, and with some help, we could have another rifle lane done for the htf shoot.  This one would only be 75 yards, but I think it would be a lot of fun as it would be standing / steel, and it would be away from the other rifle lane.

View Quote

You talking about that area to the right of the short range / pistol targets?
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 9:50:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Noted.

yes.  I knocked the trees down today and there is now clear line of sight to ~75 yards.  I still need to clear out a couple of felled trees and build another tire backstop.  If I can get the supplies lined up and on site, a good work day and it could be done.  If it is just me.... it will be at least a year.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 7:11:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Workdays.... I might be able to do this saturday until 4pm, and then I have Tuesday the 21st off.

I'm not sure I can get a load of sand by Saturday.  I have some calls to make.  Tires can be picked up anytime.  One good sized tire back stop takes about 4-5 tons of sand.

A junk car, or engine, or a big thick piece of steel would be awesome.  Or even a lead as to where I could find a big chunk of steel like at Red Hills Skirmish range.  As a friendly reminder... A car was provided for a previous shoot with the understanding that a replacement would be found.     So if anyone has one (or two)... let me know.  Depending on the size, I may be able to fit it on my trailer.  

Link Posted: 4/13/2015 8:07:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Put me and my two boys on the wait list please!

We are in for sure if a spot opens up. Only one of us will shoot at a time, so that counts as one spot, right?
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 9:11:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 11:49:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Just found out I can get off work. Please put me on the waitlist.  Thanks for putting this on.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 6:53:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Workdays.... I might be able to do this saturday until 4pm, and then I have Tuesday the 21st off.

I'm not sure I can get a load of sand by Saturday.  I have some calls to make.  Tires can be picked up anytime.  One good sized tire back stop takes about 4-5 tons of sand.

A junk car, or engine, or a big thick piece of steel would be awesome.  Or even a lead as to where I could find a big chunk of steel like at Red Hills Skirmish range.  As a friendly reminder... A car was provided for a previous shoot with the understanding that a replacement would be found.     So if anyone has one (or two)... let me know.  Depending on the size, I may be able to fit it on my trailer.  

View Quote

i'll be more than happy to come out and help on any Saturday your there and i'm not working, are there other Saturday dates that are open
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 6:26:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Add me to the waitlist, please!
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 6:27:24 PM EDT
[#34]
My first double-tap!
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 10:21:48 PM EDT
[#35]
That should (unless more 'stuff' goes wrong) be my first official day of unemployment.

If you have space on your waiting list for a complete Maybe, I'll take it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 10:55:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Please put me on the wait list with a +1.  My GF and I had a lot of fun at Southercross' last year, I'd love to be able to attend this one as well.  I should have a couple of cans to bring by that time as well!
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 2:37:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Edited

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 2:39:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Rich
View Quote

Rich is going as my plus one (if he still wants in)

Link Posted: 4/17/2015 5:07:03 PM EDT
[#39]
+1 should be with me.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:26:14 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rich

Never mind he is coming with someone else.
I will still be present with someone Either my brother who just got into the ar market. Or my neighbor The retired preper.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 6:02:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Bob and I worked in the rain on Saturday and we did a lot of the prep work for the new lane.   I'm going out tomorrow to get in another work day - the weather actually looks nice for a change!

Chamber flags are going to be required for this shoot.  There are a few places to buy them (CMP), but I think you can make your own if you want to.  I had an epiphany last night about these.... Weedeater string and a piece of bright colored duct tape would work.   You can probably make about 500 of them for $12 or so  (I'm going to try this later on.... details to follow)
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 8:15:18 AM EDT
[#42]
I also found a site that sells chamber flags relatively inexpensively, priced based on quantity purchased:

https://www.mfgservs.com/index.php?option=com_opencart&Itemid=123&route=product/product&product_id=53

-bob

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 8:48:23 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Chamber flags are going to be required for this shoot.
 There are a few places to buy them (CMP), but I think you can make your own if you want to.  I had an epiphany last night about these.... Weedeater string and a piece of bright colored duct tape would work.   You can probably make about 500 of them for $12 or so  (I'm going to try this later on.... details to follow)

View Quote

Academy Sports sells the Tapco chamber flags in case anyone is in desperate need and has an Academy close by.

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 9:44:53 PM EDT
[#44]
another work day.....

gonna need a lot of granite sand and tires!

and six hours of hard labor later.... a backstop appeared!

about 70 tires were used for this stack.  

Bob... the sawzall blade finally gave up on the last tire!  I've got to get another one or two of those!  One blade lasted through approximately 125 tires

Thanks to Tok762 for coming out and working up a good sweat yesterday.  He's probably too sore to type today
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 2:40:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Looks good!

I picked up 30 fresh Polish sausages yesterday from Patak Meats, so I'll be grilling at lunch time again.

I'll bring a few coolers of ice too.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 4:22:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Patak meat market

Bump.

Let me know if your plans have changed and you are not able to make it.  

A little over 3 weeks away.

Link Posted: 5/15/2015 11:41:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Looks like I got to give up my spot. We will be doing the head walls on a large double box culvert that week / weekend. We don't get OT often so I takes when I gets it. Y'all have fun and be safe see ya at the fall shoot.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 3:01:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Looks like I got to give up my spot. We will be doing the head walls on a large double box culvert that week / weekend. We don't get OT often so I takes when I gets it. Y'all have fun and be safe see ya at the fall shoot.
View Quote

Dang... Sorry to hear that you won't be able to make it, but I think most of the HTF understands that sometimes you have to make the $ when you can.  

2 weeks to go!
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 3:36:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Looking forward to it.

What time are we kicking it off?

And directions/address at some point for those who don't know where we are going.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 4:21:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Looking forward to it.

What time are we kicking it off?

And directions/address at some point for those who don't know where we are going.
View Quote

tentative schedule.... gates open at 8am.  setup, and go hot by 930.  shoot for 45 mins or so, then cold for 10-15 mins for target maintenance.... repeat until lunch time.  At lunch we will be subsonic & suppressed only.  Afternoon will be loud again.  Cold around 4pm?.  Clean up takes about an hour after we go cold.  

I will send out directions by email soon.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top