Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2015 10:28:03 PM EDT
Anybody going to the NRA Convention that would like to carpool or maybe split a hotel room?

Dates are April 10 - 12 2015
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 11:11:39 PM EDT
[#1]
If I go I'll stay with my brother, he lives in Franklin, TN.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 11:14:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I may be in to go and split a room if I can not land a couch
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 12:40:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I may be able to swing it, but probably in the tent on top of my truck.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 9:08:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll be up that way for the week to escape the Masters madness around here. The Wife told me I ought to go. If anyone else is going I'll drive over and meet up.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 10:07:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I have never been to one. Tell me about it.

It looks like a great time on the exhibit floor details
Do I see it right that the ticket to get in is $85?
I would have a hard time with the Black Rain rifle after our train wreck  Cursed
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 11:38:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have never been to one. Tell me about it.

It looks like a great time on the exhibit floor details
Do I see it right that the ticket to get in is $85?
I would have a hard time with the Black Rain rifle after our train wreck  Cursed
View Quote

It is $10 to get in at the door for non-members. The $85 is to attend the Annual Dinner Banquet which I believe one has to be a member to be able to purchase a ticket. If you are a Member you can preregister at www.nraam.org so you do not have to wait in line to get in as your event badges will be mailed to you ahead of time. So far the only paid event sold out is the Alan Jackson Concert.

ETA: The woman over the phone told be non-members had a $10 entry fee, but reading the event posting says that non-member will be required to join to gain access. If this is true then it is $35 to get in and one is better off joining now, getting the free gift, and being able to preregister to avoid the line!
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 1:14:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I was planning on going and reserved a room several months ago, but I'm not sure now if I'll be able to make it.

The NRA Annual Meeting in Charlotte in 2010 was great.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 5:25:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I will definitely be there on the 11th. Probably get there around 1100 if anyone wants to meet up.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 9:29:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Received my NRA Convention package in the mail today!
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:07:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I wonder if we could plan a lunch at one of the convention venders.

Myself and another atlanta guy are going Friday night through Saturday night.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:29:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, I  guess I waited too late to pre-register. I hate standing in line.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:58:16 PM EDT
[#12]
I'll be there! This is my fourth year attending. Always a fun time! It's like a mini SHOT show.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 7:44:48 AM EDT
[#13]
I'll be there Sat & Sun.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:43:07 PM EDT
[#14]
I'll be at the FNH booth.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 9:47:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'll be at the FNH booth.
View Quote

I'll be lurking around your booth.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 10:42:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Have my Lodging arranged.

Who is going up when? Who needs to share a ride?

USSA-1 would like to see the GAHTF guys drop by and say Hello at the FNH Booth 2324
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 10:48:43 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm going up sometime Friday, not sure what time I can leave yet, depends on how late I work tomorrow.  Saturday and Sunday, I'll be wearing ARFCOM polo shirts, so should be easy to spot :-)  I know there's one ARFCOm meetup at the Magpul booth on Saturday, I'm hoping the training seminar I want to go to finishes in time to make it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 11:21:07 PM EDT
[#18]
I'll be there all weekend.  When not out and about on my own I'll be splitting time between the TRU-SPEC and the Samson booths.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 6:56:02 PM EDT
[#19]
What time is the AFRCOM meet up at MagPul on Saturday?
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 7:48:37 PM EDT
[#20]
3pm

Also I will text/call those of you who sent me your numbers to let you know where we are Friday night and Sat night for beer and bbq
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 1:56:40 PM EDT
[#21]
I'll be driving up tomorrow in time for the 10 am meeting of members. Wife wants to come too and so that means the kids as well. Just found out the indoor pool is closed for renovations so she'll be looking to entertain them until Sat afternoon when we can hit the big room together.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 9:36:04 PM EDT
[#22]
I missed everybody today, I'll be there tomorrow morning first thing and then at the member's meeting at 1000. I looked for bolt face logos today and didn't see a single one.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 11:54:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Here are the highlights:

Legal drunk drivers on Broadway

Cool name saloons - I don't drink.

Repro BAR

Zeiss both for the scope fans

Equal opportunity for the Nightforce people

My friend in red shirt (NF's rep)

Link Posted: 4/12/2015 11:55:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Magpul bus - No Magpul were not selling the new Glock magazines.

Obligatory open carry dweeb

Silver chick

Wilson Combat

HK P30SKS

Drunk chicks as we left the show

Link Posted: 4/12/2015 2:23:01 PM EDT
[#25]
GCO reppin'.

Where? Over the men's urinal, of course.

Link Posted: 4/12/2015 3:36:49 PM EDT
[#26]
I had a good time there and went to the creek Friday
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 12:18:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I had a good time there and went to the creek Friday
View Quote

Good to see you again Marc - catch you soon. Saw a few other GA boys and GD crowd at the 1500 meet at Magpul and walked the show with Hugh and Patrick most of the time. Fantastic show and location. 2 bags of swag and needful things.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 12:08:14 PM EDT
[#28]
I had a good time. Saw USSSA1 at FNH booth and Mark Wills sing a few songs. I didn't win one of the FNH 9c gun they gave away. I picked up some steel targets from MGM for a discount. Got a threaded barrel for the G21 for only $100. Went to the NRA instructor update to here what is comming up. Looks like a few good things are happening like the blended learning, where everyone will do an online course before attending a shorter instructor lead course. They are developing a defensive instructor/coach program for Rifle pistol and shotgun and a 3-gun coach program.
Scott
www.centerfiretraining.com
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 10:16:51 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I had a good time. Saw USSSA1 at FNH booth and Mark Wills sing a few songs. I didn't win one of the FNH 9c gun they gave away. I picked up some steel targets from MGM for a discount. Got a threaded barrel for the G21 for only $100. Went to the NRA instructor update to here what is comming up. Looks like a few good things are happening like the blended learning, where everyone will do an online course before attending a shorter instructor lead course. They are developing a defensive instructor/coach program for Rifle pistol and shotgun and a 3-gun coach program.

Scott

www.centerfiretraining.com
View Quote

There were a LOT of pissed people in that instructor update meeting...  I personally welcome the idea of letting the students get some of the basics before they walk in to a class, so I can concentrate more on handling and shooting, depending on the implementation.

Link Posted: 4/14/2015 6:26:38 AM EDT
[#30]
I know there are people who don't like the changes. IMHO it is for the betterment of all. Several of the nay sayers don't understand the concept of blended learning. plus it will allow an NRA instructor to compete with the 3 hour class the gun store runs.I think the total # of students will go up because they will not have to invest 8 hours on one day for a basic pistol class.Another arguement was "my state does not recognize online courses."  The states have adopted The NRA courses because they are good courses and represent the national standard. Well they still do that and the NRA will have proof the student completed the knowledge based training. It will still be up to the Instructor to complete the skills based training and sign off the completition certificate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top