User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 10:27:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Maybe carrying a slosh pipe down a balance beam or a board that's low to the ground.

It would be fairly cheap and easy to construct, wouldn't be dangerous and would be pretty challenging.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just keeping it near the top. Anyone have any obstacle suggestions?
Quoted:
I have been toying with a balance beam obstacle idea based off of something I had to do in the Army.

Maybe carrying a slosh pipe down a balance beam or a board that's low to the ground.

It would be fairly cheap and easy to construct, wouldn't be dangerous and would be pretty challenging.

Slosh pipe would SUCK.

I was thinking 45lb ruck and the 4x4 set at a 45* angle.  Very similar to a bridge we walked across at Ft Sherman.

But I damned sure don't want to put in an obstacle and fail it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 2:04:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Slosh pipe would SUCK.

I was thinking 45lb ruck and the 4x4 set at a 45* angle.  Very similar to a bridge we walked across at Ft Sherman.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have been toying with a balance beam obstacle idea based off of something I had to do in the Army.

Slosh pipe would SUCK.

And that's the problem everyone keeps forgetting:  you build an obstacle that you don't complete during the course, and you're banned for LIFE.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 2:51:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
And that's the problem everyone keeps forgetting:  you build an obstacle that you don't complete during the course, and you're banned for LIFE.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Slosh pipe would SUCK.

Ouch.

Well forget a slosh pipe on a balance beam.  Maybe just carrying it for a distance or rounding a cone and coming back to the starting point or something.

I like a monkey bars idea.  Especially one that has incline and decline like at tough mudder.  That might not be easy enough to build though.

How about a vertical wall?

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 7:16:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Already have an idea for a wall.  Another obstacle design I have is a salmon ladder finisher on uphill monkey bars with spinning rungs and irregular intervals.

There will most likely be a couple obstacles that are a pace change/mindfuck sort of thing, but nothing will be revealed for certain until the couple weeks previous to CWSE. If we told you what was going to be there, there would be less challenge. Plus I like the shock factor.

I can pretty well build whatever we dream up, but paying for materials and getting it to Emu's is the challenge. When we get far enough along in planning we'll address all that.

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:51:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Already have an idea for a wall.  Another obstacle design I have is a salmon ladder finisher on uphill monkey bars with spinning rungs and irregular intervals.

There will most likely be a couple obstacles that are a pace change/mindfuck sort of thing, but nothing will be revealed for certain until the couple weeks previous to CWSE. If we told you what was going to be there, there would be less challenge. Plus I like the shock factor.

I can pretty well build whatever we dream up, but paying for materials and getting it to Emu's is the challenge. When we get far enough along in planning we'll address all that.

View Quote

The Texas CW thread has no shortage of donations.  I suspect the same will happen here once things are firmed up and people can plan for it.  If not, invite some Texans
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:55:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The Texas CW thread has no shortage of donations.  I suspect the same will happen here once things are firmed up and people can plan for it.  If not, invite some Texans
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, donations usually come in hard and fast for CW events.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:23:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My ears were burning.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 8:27:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

My ears were burning.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My ears were burning.

Texans are welcome.  By the way, there will be a Cola Warrior Texas next year.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 1:39:55 PM EDT
[#9]
What about a puzzle for an obstacle?

Or what if we got the Big Balls from Wipeout?
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 3:12:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What about a puzzle for an obstacle?

Or what if we got the Big Balls from Wipeout?
View Quote

I don't think puzzles are kosher; it's pretty well going to be obstacles, although there are a few ideas we have come up with that will be mentally and physically challenging.  The  mental anguish portion will be the obstacles tearing down your resolve and crushing your soul.

Something like the Big Balls would be fun, but we have to buy it, build it, and transport it.  Obstacles at Cola Warrior are more simplistic for a reason.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 3:55:06 PM EDT
[#11]
So do we have a sign up sheet or roster yet?
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 4:25:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 6:32:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

No. We're 11 months out right now, so it's still too early.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 6:48:42 PM EDT
[#14]
We've started contacting a few potential sponsors. No news yet, but hopefully we'll have an update on that soon. If anyone has any suggestions for sponsors, speak up.

Southerncross and I (maybe others) are going to start chug training this weekend. This will be my first 2L attempt.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 8:52:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
We've started contacting a few potential sponsors. No news yet, but hopefully we'll have an update on that soon. If anyone has any suggestions for sponsors, speak up.

Southerncross and I (maybe others) are going to start chug training this weekend. This will be my first 2L attempt.
View Quote

And mine.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 9:19:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

And mine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And mine.

Link Posted: 4/8/2015 9:37:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And mine.

COOOOOOLAA WAAAAAARRIOOOOORS... COME OUT TO PLAA-AAAAY!
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 6:58:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Oh, there WILL be vomit.

Emesis is your nemesis.
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top