Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2015 8:09:18 PM EDT
I don't remember who it was, but people were going out there and working on the range. It seems like it was in the Eastern part of the state.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 8:10:52 PM EDT
[#1]
GAhunter95 possibly?
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 8:41:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Emu?
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 8:44:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Emu?
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:15:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the help. I think it was GAHunter95, but it wouldn't hurt to have other options too. We got the ok to put together a Cola Warrior in Georgia. What we need now is a location. The place would need to have room for the obstacles, range, and primitive camping at a minimum.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:21:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I replied to your IM.  Interesting idea!
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:19:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you're open to it, I'm sure we can put together something to make it worth your while.  Namely, getting a lot of those facilities upgrades you were wanting.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 3:43:23 PM EDT
[#7]
interesting!

I was thinking the other day that a South East version of this would be pretty cool
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 4:28:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

If you're open to it, I'm sure we can put together something to make it worth your while.  Namely, getting a lot of those facilities upgrades you were wanting.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm definitely up for helping with whatever work needs to be done. I'm not much of a handyman, but I can run and get stuff with the best of them.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 4:31:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
interesting!

I was thinking the other day that a South East version of this would be pretty cool
View Quote

This is our chance. RustedAce said no to a Cola Warrior in Georgia a few years ago, since it was too close to East in VA. Now that Liberty is going to become the championship next year, he's more open to having more events. I'd like to go ahead and get started before one of the surrounding states jumps in for South.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 4:50:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even though I have given up on the thread asking for help, I've still been working on those projects.  There was no deer hunting last season, there was no spring 2014 shoot, there was no fall 2014 shoot, there is no spring shoot for this year, but the good news is that I am finally getting them close to being done.  The sink has been finished, the 100 yard berm is completed, the sub-panel is in, 2 circuits finished, 2 more are roughed in.  About 3 more circuits to go after that.  Glockfan68, KavonTN, Bob, Tok762, 400North, and some friends from my day job came out and helped.  (If I missed anyone - it is not intentional - let me know and I will add you to the list.)

Doing something like the Cola Warrior is a whole new list of things that would have to be done, not to mention the expense.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 5:18:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This is our chance. RustedAce said no to a Cola Warrior in Georgia a few years ago, since it was too close to East in VA. Now that Liberty is going to become the championship next year, he's more open to having more events. I'd like to go ahead and get started before one of the surrounding states jumps in for South.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
interesting!

When did Cola Warrior become a real thing?  I always thought it was just a bunch of guys running around, shooting stuff, and trying to make themselves puke...
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 5:20:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Even though I have given up on the thread asking for help, I've still been working on those projects.  There was no deer hunting last season, there was no spring 2014 shoot, there was no fall 2014 shoot, there is no spring shoot for this year, but the good news is that I am finally getting them close to being done.  The sink has been finished, the 100 yard berm is completed, the sub-panel is in, 2 circuits finished, 2 more are roughed in.  About 3 more circuits to go after that.  Glockfan68, KavonTN, Bob, Tok762, 400North, and some friends from my day job came out and helped.  (If I missed anyone - it is not intentional - let me know and I will add you to the list.)

Doing something like the Cola Warrior is a whole new list of things that would have to be done, not to mention the expense.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

After March I can help again. If you need to drop in that lighting or other electrical work I need some notice and a list of materials on hand so I know what to bring.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 6:04:41 PM EDT
[#13]
YTKA, I have always wondered what that item/logo was on the lower right corner of your Avatar and now after doing a Google on Cola Warrior I now know what it is!
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 6:55:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The good part about Cola Warrior is it only really requires the obstacles be built and have enough space for people to run and shoot. Its a very austere competition.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 7:21:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The costs associated with it would come from donations. If you look at the site for the main Cola Warrior, there really isn't anything. There is a trailer, a conex, and a long pullup bar as far as anything even approaching permanent on site. I heard you have at least one conex on site. Add a 2x4 and a 2x6 and you've got at least 2 obstacles. The obstacles are tire drag, conex (hand over hand down it then over it), handstand walk down the side of the conex on a wobble board, horizontal bar, then pushing a big tire over a pyramid. Everyone except a few that crash on the floor in the trailer sleep in tents, trucks, or wherever.

At East, there is nothing permanent. They have a few obstacles where you drag or throw stuff, a horizontal rope, and a vertical rope. People bring canopies for cover and sleep in tents or at hotels in town.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 7:22:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

When did Cola Warrior become a real thing?  I always thought it was just a bunch of guys running around, shooting stuff, and trying to make themselves puke...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
interesting!

It's been growing. Everybody that gets involved loves it (except CouchCommando). It's gotten so big that there aren't enough spots at Liberty even if just limited to previous runners, so Liberty will become like the championship next year. The running around, shooting stuff, and puking still applies.

ETA: For the record, as of right now I'm the only Georgia Cola Warrior that qualifies for a spot in the championship. We need more representation at Liberty!
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 7:23:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
YTKA, I have always wondered what that item/logo was on the lower right corner of your Avatar and now after doing a Google on Cola Warrior I now know what it is!
View Quote

Cola Warrior for life!
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:49:18 PM EDT
[#18]
I'd be in for a GA Cola Warrior.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:18:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Cola Warrior for life!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cola Warrior for life!

Now I am noticing that logo in more avatars.  Uh oh.... The secret is out.

I do have a conex, but it is in a pole barn.  +50 pts of difficulty doing hand over hand and having to go around posts!
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:57:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I do have a conex, but it is in a pole barn.  +50 pts of difficulty doing hand over hand and having to go around posts!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cola Warrior for life!

Harsh but fair.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:09:56 PM EDT
[#21]
I made 15th at CWE last year, and would have finished higher had I gotten the chug. Even one more soda would have put me in the top 10. I'm dying to be a top 10 next go round.

For those of you who don't understand the appeal, let me spell it out for you. You will hate it while you are on the course and you will push as hard as you can to beat your buddies.  It will make you see how weak you are, how you can't shoot after you've run a half mile and your muscles are all on fire from the obstacles, and the chug will devour almost everyone. You can ace the obstacles, but if you can't chug and shoot, you can't win. If you can chug but not shoot or run, you can't win. You will make friends for life because only a CW vet can understand the pain and suffering that is the course. It is awesome, addictive, and the entry fee is putting your pride on the line. It will give you a reason to take better care of yourself and train harder.

The day after CWE I wanted to get one going in Georgia.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:01:31 PM EDT
[#22]
I would like to participate in frat boy antics.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:21:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Its as fun as it sounds.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 8:01:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I made 15th at CWE last year, and would have finished higher had I gotten the chug. Even one more soda would have put me in the top 10. I'm dying to be a top 10 next go round.

For those of you who don't understand the appeal, let me spell it out for you. You will hate it while you are on the course and you will push as hard as you can to beat your buddies.  It will make you see how weak you are, how you can't shoot after you've run a half mile and your muscles are all on fire from the obstacles, and the chug will devour almost everyone. You can ace the obstacles, but if you can't chug and shoot, you can't win. If you can chug but not shoot or run, you can't win. You will make friends for life because only a CW vet can understand the pain and suffering that is the course. It is awesome, addictive, and the entry fee is putting your pride on the line. It will give you a reason to take better care of yourself and train harder.

The day after CWE I wanted to get one going in Georgia.
View Quote

It really is a great time. Like he said, it tests you and your gear and motivates you to get better. I can honestly say CW was what motivated me to drop from 215lbs to 183 as of this morning. I am now the same weight I was when I got married 13 years ago at 22 years old.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:36:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

This^.

Build it and they will come....
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:23:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

This^.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This^.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:39:33 PM EDT
[#27]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This^.

https://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1z7d66n1c1r1pm7po2_500.gif

I have no doubt we could fill the spots. We just have to nail down the location. I don't care where we have it as long as we do have it. Location is first, sponsors next, then the actual planning.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:44:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Its as fun as it sounds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its as fun as it sounds.

It looks like it blast. I've wanted to go to one I just figured I wouldn't be able to get a slot in Mississippi.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:10:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It looks like it blast. I've wanted to go to one I just figured I wouldn't be able to get a slot in Mississippi.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its as fun as it sounds.

You still have a pretty good chance to get in if you put your name on the standby list. Lots of people will drop. This is the last year that the one in MS will be open to everyone. It's going to be like the championship next year and will be limited to top-10 finishers.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 4:38:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Is this just for arfcommers or anyone who wants to sign up?
Is a GA CW just for GA peeps or anyone willing to drive here?
Does the timer stop with the last chug, or when the puking stops?
are the obstacles standard for all cw's?
How many groupies (non competitors) show up?
How many people camp for the duration?
Do you get one run, or more?
Where do you find Peeps in the off season?  Wait.... I may not want to know. Lol
Did I see that right? Rusted Ace with an ~8 minute time!?
Do peeps and diet coke have the same reactions as Mentos?

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 5:42:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Is this just for arfcommers or anyone who wants to sign up?
Is a GA CW just for GA peeps or anyone willing to drive here?
Does the timer stop with the last chug, or when the puking stops?
are the obstacles standard for all cw's?
How many groupies (non competitors) show up?
How many people camp for the duration?
Do you get one run, or more?
Where do you find Peeps in the off season?  Wait.... I may not want to know. Lol
Did I see that right? Rusted Ace with an ~8 minute time!?
Do peeps and diet coke have the same reactions as Mentos?

View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 7:56:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Is this just for arfcommers or anyone who wants to sign up? Anyone can sign up, but CW vets get preference.
Is a GA CW just for GA peeps or anyone willing to drive here? Anyone that is willing to show up.
Does the timer stop with the last chug, or when the puking stops? The timer continues until the person finishes or says they're done. If you puke during a can, that can is done and you get the full 5 minute penaly. You can continue to the next can if you want.
are the obstacles standard for all cw's? No. You can pretty much do anything you want. There is a caveat to that. The designer of the obstacle has to be able to complete the obstacle. If they can't, they are banned. This prevents the competition from turning into a "LET'S MAKE THE HARDEST CW EVER!!!!" where no one can complete the course.
How many groupies (non competitors) show up? That is up to the amount of space available and the landowner's consent. Spectators aren't really allowed at Liberty, but they are in Appomattox. There just isn't room at Liberty. It's packed with just the runners.
How many people camp for the duration? Most
Do you get one run, or more? Just one run is official. I guess you could run again if there was time, but I'd have to check.
Where do you find Peeps in the off season?  Wait.... I may not want to know. Lol Amazon
Did I see that right? Rusted Ace with an ~8 minute time!? Yes. Rusted is not really a human. He's a cybernetic being sent from the future to raise a Cola Warrior army.
Do peeps and diet coke have the same reactions as Mentos? Not really, but you would think so with some of the eruptions that happen.

View Quote

Answered. I think I'm going to have MFF close this thread and continue in this one. http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_35/577942_Interest_in_a_Cola_Warrior_in_Georgia_.html&page=1
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:14:50 PM EDT
[#33]
op request
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top