Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2015 9:01:17 AM EDT
I'm heading to Quiet Riot to buy a couple lowers today and had been tossing around the idea of a 300 blk out build.  I know its cool and everything but just don't see the need for one.  Monday, I had my mind set to get one, but today, I can't see it.  I don't plan to get a silencer and 200 gr. pills are expensive if you shoot em much.  I also don't plan to hunt with it either.  Reloading for it isn't an issue, I have 4k or so pieces of .223 brass so forming cases isn't an issue, can't be any harder than forming Martini Henry brass.  For me a 5.56 AR pistol is a better idea, but I have a while before I build anything so I'm just tossing around ideas.  I was thinking I'd be better off doing a PSA AR10 build later on as I have a ton of 308 brass, so that should fill my bigger heavier bullet need.  What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 9:39:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Get the 308.

I have a blackout and love it, but if you aren't hunting or suppressing it there isn't much need. You could argue it would be a more effective round out of a pistol length than the 223, but based on what you said I don't think you would like it.

Now if you wanna put that mill and lathe in your garage to good use then form 1a 308 suppressor and all bets are off....
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:53:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get the 308.

I have a blackout and love it, but if you aren't hunting or suppressing it there isn't much need. You could argue it would be a more effective round out of a pistol length than the 223, but based on what you said I don't think you would like it.

Now if you wanna put that mill and lathe in your garage to good use then form 1a 308 suppressor and all bets are off....
View Quote

This. The niche that BLK fills isn't in what the OP needs.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:36:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Get the 308.

Agreed.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:50:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like he WANTS  it rather than NEEDS it, blow it off again, it's just gonna be there nibbling in your brain...nibbling... That Langoleers background noise, droning on like that ringing from back when earplugs were for pussies...

Edit spelling repeatedly and ongoing.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:27:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:44:17 PM EDT
[#6]
This might help between 308 and 300 black out.  Pay attention to the target hits.

ETA Link not showing for me so here you go.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 8:09:57 PM EDT
[#7]
You guys are right, it is something I want, but don't need.  I got my 2 new lowers today so I have options later on.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:26:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You guys are right, it is something I want, but don't need.  I got my 2 new lowers today so I have options later on.
View Quote

Please for the love of God form 1 some stuff before the wait times increase!  I wish I had you garage!
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:06:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
This might help between 308 and 300 black out.  Pay attention to the target hits.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1WUOgaWmtM

ETA Link not showing for me so here you go.
View Quote

what cans are those?

so quiet, sweet sound down range, or lack there of
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:30:15 PM EDT
[#10]
also for the OP, I vote 300 Blk out just because of the potential BATF bill on certain .223 5.56 rounds.  the next step would be all of those rounds.  300 black out would mean this wouldn't be an issue, and someone who has these correct me if I am wrong, but a barrel and gas system away from converting your .223 to 300 blk out.  it's my next purchase.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top