Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:14:27 AM EDT
[#1]
How accessible is the power?  Easy enough to set up a coffee pot?  I am a coffee addict in the AM and will bring my Mr. Coffee.  I can run off a converter with my truck, but actual power would be nicer.

Anything you guys can think of that we may need that some of us may have?  Start listing things and we can start offering what we have.

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 6:19:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Alright folks, redgoat and I worked all day today cleaning up the place preparing for next weekend. I have 40+ Pictures of the Lowbrow Ranch as well as comments posted so you can see what the place looks like. There is PLENTY of room!

There is electricity and clean running water at the camp area. We have a portashitter over a pit to do your business. We scrubbed it out and it is clean.

Follow the link and have a look at the pictures. Anyone with questions can IM me or call my cell (269) 830-8300. Redgoat and I are making name tags so we know who everyone is. If you are bringing a guest, they will have your screen name and "guest" on their tag.

As Whiskerz suggested, we will have at least two tags made that say "ATF Agent"
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 7:24:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks fantastic.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 8:04:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, if Tim squared show up they will need ATF identifiers tags so no one shoulders a Sig brace.

PS thats a pretty sweet looking Middle Eastern Embassy you have there.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 8:30:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah, if Tim squared show up they will need ATF identifiers tags so no one shoulders a Sig brace.

View Quote

That one was going to the McBride ranch but we never could line up a rendezvous... I'm going to stencil a BFL on the door...
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:13:44 PM EDT
[#6]
We need containers for Tannerite! Everything from milk jugs on down to small plastic water/soda bottles... Those that need power, bring an extension cord. Bring your own preferred adult beverages and sodas. We will have big ice chests full of ice. Anyone with steels that are SAFE to shoot, feel free to bring them. We could use some bowling pins, etc. to shoot. We brought an old water heater today to riddle with bullets. Of course, bring your folding tables for your firearms. There is PLENTY of room around the firing line for everyone. You will be able to park your vehicle 50-75 feet behind the firing line. If someone or a few of you can bring some firewood, that would be great. I have a couple of chainsaws and there is a lot of deadfall but it's all pine. Some hardwood would make a nicer fire.

I need everyone to let me know your name, screen name, and the number of guests you are bringing so that I can make name tags. We also are not going to allow anyone to just show up that no one knows. Hence, the nametags... Don't worry alphabet man, I'll have your nametag waiting on you...
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:39:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm in !!  I was on the fence, but with a personal invitation from GlockFan68 how can I resist. Bringing my 12 yr old Phillip - if you remember from the last shoot he was very professional with the Glock 22kit and silencer. He is all jacked up about camping.

Will be bringing a couple sub-guns and a variety of other great hardware. Count me in for the Friday night shennanigans (with Heineken), camping until Saturday, and looking forward to detonating some of that tannerite.

I donated for the event as well. Will see you mid-afternoon on Friday!
Jeff

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:43:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Alright folks, redgoat and I worked all day today cleaning up the place preparing for next weekend. I have 40+ Pictures of the Lowbrow Ranch as well as comments posted so you can see what the place looks like. There is PLENTY of room!

There is electricity and clean running water at the camp area. We have a portashitter over a pit to do your business. We scrubbed it out and it is clean.

Follow the link and have a look at the pictures. Anyone with questions can IM me or call my cell (269) 830-8300. Redgoat and I are making name tags so we know who everyone is. If you are bringing a guest, they will have your screen name and "guest" on their tag.

View Quote

Great idea with the nametags as I am horrible with names. I might be in my surplus Crown Vic Interceptor so give me the ATF nametag. LOL. Otherwise, my red GMC that I drove last time. FBHO. It is great for long trips as I can slide right thru radar locations.

I'll bring my chainsaw as well as all my cut wood is still green.

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:53:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm in !!  I was on the fence, but with a personal invitation from GlockFan68 how can I resist. Bringing my 12 yr old Phillip - if you remember from the last shoot he was very professional with the Glock 22kit and silencer. He is all jacked up about camping.

Will be bringing a couple sub-guns and a variety of other great hardware. Count me in for the Friday night shennanigans (with Heineken), camping until Saturday, and looking forward to detonating some of that tannerite.

Jeff

View Quote

Excellent. Now tell Patrick to man up and jump in.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:01:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:04:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I may... MAY now, show. That's if the cards fall right.

I'll have cash in hand too.

But I want a name tag says ASSHOLE.

LOL
View Quote

We were gonna sharpie "MFF's Office" on the portashitter!

warning sent - makeitflyfast
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:16:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jeff

Hmm, didn't know you knew him. He is certainly 'enthusiastic'. I'll work on him for sure.

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 11:23:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Yep, still in. It will be just me unless something changes.

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 11:34:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
We need containers for Tannerite! Everything from milk jugs on down to small plastic water/soda bottles... Those that need power, bring an extension cord. Bring your own preferred adult beverages and sodas. We will have big ice chests full of ice. Anyone with steels that are SAFE to shoot, feel free to bring them. We could use some bowling pins, etc. to shoot. We brought an old water heater today to riddle with bullets. Of course, bring your folding tables for your firearms. There is PLENTY of room around the firing line for everyone. You will be able to park your vehicle 50-75 feet behind the firing line. If someone or a few of you can bring some firewood, that would be great. I have a couple of chainsaws and there is a lot of deadfall but it's all pine. Some hardwood would make a nicer fire.

I need everyone to let me know your name, screen name, and the number of guests you are bringing so that I can make name tags. We also are not going to allow anyone to just show up that no one knows. Hence, the nametags... Don't worry alphabet man, I'll have your nametag waiting on you...
View Quote

Wow. You are on it doggonit. I finally got home and came here to post this. If anyone if camping Fri night and wants to grill out I will have my griling grate there. We'll throw some coals under it and cook whatever you bring (hence the need for some hardwood. I have some I'm gonna bring)
Update on range....... Due to an impossibly thick sweetgum thicket the range is only 80 yds. I don't think this is gonna be a problem as the width of the firing line is as wide as we wanna go. (Glockfan says no one can hit anything beyond 20 yrs anyways)  :)

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 7:50:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
How accessible is the power?  Easy enough to set up a coffee pot?  I am a coffee addict in the AM and will bring my Mr. Coffee.  I can run off a converter with my truck, but actual power would be nicer.

Anything you guys can think of that we may need that some of us may have?  Start listing things and we can start offering what we have.

View Quote

Thereis power on the enclosed porch on the house. Perfect spot for coffee maker. Your Mr. Coffee will be a welcome guest.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 7:56:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

A +1 makes one comment about a pinned brake and we both get doubled as ATF agents. It's a good way to be remembered . Looking forward to a good safe weekend.

Pics look great man should be great.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 7:59:30 AM EDT
[#17]
so do we have total number now, looks like more people coming , just need to know how much more food to buy, i'll buy an extra pork butt. is anyone bringing drinks, sides, bread, etc...........???????????????????????????????

just need to know so i can figure out how much food to cook, what are we doing for lunch???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

looks like me plus 5, i have been on facebook asking for people to let me know, i'm post again today and i'm done , this is for Augusta area people

the weather shows rain, do we have an alternate weekend or we just toughing this out??????
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 8:19:15 AM EDT
[#18]
I will try to grab a couple cases of kid friendly drinks from sam's. Let me know what is preferred.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 8:30:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
so do we have total number now, looks like more people coming , just need to know how much more food to buy, i'll buy an extra pork butt. is anyone bringing drinks, sides, bread, etc...........???????????????????????????????

just need to know so i can figure out how much food to cook, what are we doing for lunch???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

looks like me plus 5, i have been on facebook asking for people to let me know, i'm post again today and i'm done , this is for Augusta area people

the weather shows rain, do we have an alternate weekend or we just toughing this out??????
View Quote

Dan, I'm going to get Sabine to make a large batch of her mac & cheese. I sure wish the weather would be like it was yesterday next weekend. No plans for a rain out yet. If we have enough folks that cancel due to weather, I guess we could consider rescheduling. I talked to Hugh yesterday about it and he wants to proceed.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 9:00:30 AM EDT
[#20]
I've got a gallon of beans (canned) I can bring. I can also get the wife to bake goodies.

I'm in regardless of weather.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:19:27 PM EDT
[#21]
This is my weekend off. I won't have another 3 day weekend unless I burn a vacation day, which actually costs me 16 hours, because that is my weekend shift.  So I won't be doing that.  I am in rain or shine.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 5:23:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Sorry I'm late on this,  but I just found out that I wont be attending military duty that I was scheduled for;  so I'll be able to make it, .  Don't know the duration for sure yet but most likely Saturday.    

Daniel,  I'll call you Tuesday and see if we need anything else and to contribute my donation.  Looking forward to it fellas.

ETA: My name is Grant.  My wife Susan is hoping she can come with me but we still don't know for sure if she can make it.  Once again,  I apologize for me not being able to be more decisive with my plans,  but that's the story of my life lately.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 5:38:50 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm bringing a proper grill and gas that anyone is welcomed to use. We'll have some mountain house food because Phillip wants the feel of camping, but I'll have coolers with bacon and milk and such so that food for us won't be a problem.

Link Posted: 3/8/2015 7:33:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Pics looks great!  You are some hard workers, that is for certain.

I'm out, but some advice for what it is worth.  I've had good luck with a 50# bag of powdered lime, 5 gallon bucket, and plastic cup from your favorite drive through.... this will keep the smell to a minimum.  Also... a gallon ziplock works well for storing and keeping the TP clean.

Have a great (and safe) time!
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 9:33:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Do ya'll have room for one more .???

I can make Saturday .  

Probably get lost and thrash around in the wilds of Burke county for awhile on the way down.

gd
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 10:53:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Do ya'll have room for one more .???

I can make Saturday .  

Probably get lost and thrash around in the wilds of Burke county for awhile on the way down.

gd
View Quote

Yes we do! You are welcome to join us.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 12:32:50 AM EDT
[#27]
I guess put me down as tentative, arrive Sat and camp 1 night  I hate to not show up, but work is intruding into my rec time lately, so I won't know until mid-week; might have to travel.

I did a lot of growing up in the area beginning in 1969, south side, army brat... l have friends and family in the CSRA to this day. I even helped build Plant Vogtle, that was my first pro job in a tech field and led to college and way, way beyond...

I will bring the thermal pig rig and NV, suppressed 5.56, 300 AAC, and .308 G II for those that want to try hitting hand warmers after dark with a FLIR scope. Had to send in my laser to TNVC so might not have the ATPIAL-C with me.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 12:40:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I guess put me down as tentative, arrive Sat and camp 1 night  I hate to not show up, but work is intruding into my rec time lately, so I won't know until mid-week; might have to travel.

I did a lot of growing up in the area beginning in 1969, south side, army brat... l have friends and family in the CSRA to this day. I even helped build Plant Vogtle, that was my first pro job in a tech field and led to college and way, way beyond...

I will bring the thermal pig rig and NV, suppressed 5.56, 300 AAC, and .308 G II for those that want to try hitting hand warmers after dark with a FLIR scope. Had to send in my laser to TNVC so might not have the ATPIAL-C with me.
View Quote

Glad to hear you're tentatively coming, at least. I think it'll be a good time.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 7:37:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

One more time for those of you who have not responded, I need your screen name, real name, and the number of guests you plan to bring IM'd to me ASAP. Someone go tell the Facebook group that this is a REQUIREMENT. If they are not on ARFCOM, they should be a guest of one of us.... We are getting close to capacity now and may have to start a standby list.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 8:43:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Crkrdice tim and +1 is isthatthingpinned tim.

In case the ATF badges can't be found
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 9:30:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 9:49:24 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Can't believe I invited the man into my life.

View Quote
You run outta fat girls already?  

Link Posted: 3/9/2015 10:06:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

It was y'all two I 'invited' into my camper at the big shoot right?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Crkrdice tim and +1 is isthatthingpinned tim.

In case the ATF badges can't be found

It was y'all two I 'invited' into my camper at the big shoot right?

That was us. We didn't see any incriminating evidence though
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 10:10:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ha!
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 11:00:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Ha!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ha!

There's always Craigslist.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 3:59:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Just so you guys know, I'm working on borrowing a DRASH tent to be used as a community eating shelter/get out of the rain shelter. If my source comes through for me, we will have room for 30-40 folks to assemble under dry shelter if the bottom falls out during out event. I'm working on having it Friday through Sunday. Not sure it will come together but if it does, it will be SWEET! The DRASH tents are heated, cooled, and have their own power source.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 4:24:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Sweet. I'll try and be there Friday in time to help with setup if I can.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 5:15:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

That would be awesome Ashley! If we could get one more early arrival, then we would have enough to handle it. Me and my friend Tim will be bringing it hopefully around noon. Not sure if it will work out yet. We are ironing out the details now. I'll let y'all know if it's a go.

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 5:28:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Joe
Take me off of redgoats guest list and add me as a member attending please!
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 5:46:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Joe
View Quote

Will do.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 5:55:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 6:36:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

That would be awesome Ashley! If we could get one more early arrival, then we would have enough to handle it. Me and my friend Tim will be bringing it hopefully around noon. Not sure if it will work out yet. We are ironing out the details now. I'll let y'all know if it's a go.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Joe what time are you getting there?  I was planning on getting there around 2PM, but can get an earlier start if needed to help set up. I want to be there early enough to where I am not setting up a tent in the dark and hopefully not the rain.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 6:44:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I'm 100% in for Saturday evening till Sunday morning.

Ytka and I will probably ride together if he's able to get yard leave.

Do y'all want me to bring the portable propane water heater? It's a helluva lot better than baby wipes!
View Quote

So is Ytka a maybe now? I'm not camping but the portable water heater would be nice. Im sure Redgoat and others would dig it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 6:47:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Joe what time are you getting there?  I was planning on getting there around 2PM, but can get an earlier start if needed to help set up. I want to be there early enough to where I am not setting up a tent in the dark and hopefully not the rain.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tim, it's going to hinge on whether or not I can get the DRASH tent. If so, then it may be noon. I'll let y'all know hopefully by tomorrow. Redgoat and I thought it would be nice to have the big tent up near the range for our tables which will keep our sticks out of the weather...
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 7:45:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 9:05:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Do y'all want me to bring the portable propane water heater? It's a helluva lot better than baby wipes!
View Quote

Better than baby wipes? What is it a bidet?   I don't really see the need but if you wanna bring it; have at it. I certainly don't have any objections.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 9:56:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Better than baby wipes? What is it a bidet?   I don't really see the need but if you wanna bring it; have at it. I certainly don't have any objections.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it was a bidet, redgoat would love it!
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:03:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Almost certain to be there by 1:00.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:23:11 PM EDT
[#49]
I'll be heading out around lunch, shows 3 hours so should be there around 3 I would imagine.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:44:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Joe
View Quote

funny name........
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top