Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2014 4:46:39 PM EDT
I have been out of touch with things here for about 8 months. Did a bill pas where Georgia can now hunt suppressed? I dont think i will get out and deer hunt this year. But can i do small game season suppressed? Squirrel hunting with a suppessed 22LR should be tun of fun.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 5:12:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep, with limitations.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 5:12:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Private land only with landowner permission: yes. State WMA/Fed lands: no.

Regs here
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 5:28:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I hope so

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:00:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Suppressors AND night vision OK?
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:39:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Probably not, but I am ready anyway:

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:15:02 PM EDT
[#6]
LarryG is always ready
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:16:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
LarryG is always ready
View Quote

With a car from the 80's
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 10:53:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

With a car from the 80's
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LarryG is always ready

With a car from the 80's

What's your point?

The thread is about suppressors and someone also asked about night vision.

So, what does my choice in cars have to do with it.

Plus, your knowledge of my cars needs to be updated.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 11:06:16 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

LarryG is always ready grumpy
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 11:07:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am grumpy because I fail to see what car I drive has to do with this thread?
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 8:22:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 9:23:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Official thread derail in 3,2,.................1
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 9:37:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Official thread derail in 3,2,.................1
View Quote

I didn't derail it.  I was on topic until GBII went off the rails on something irrelevant to the thread.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:41:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Either way Larry, I am envious of the clip-on. Specs?
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:54:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 1:06:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

So nobody knows?
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 1:46:39 PM EDT
[#17]
For non game animals yes it is legal. One does not exclude the other.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 2:17:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

With a car from the 80's
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LarryG is always ready

With a car from the 80's

Less susceptible to EMP.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 3:50:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

So you can hunt 'yotes and other varmints at night.

Hmm, might be interesting to try that thing out on some.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 4:08:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wouldn't do it during deer season.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 5:02:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why? People night hunt hogs year round with night vision/ thermals.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 5:35:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I hunt pigs all the time at night during deer season. Absolutely legal, and there's no reason not to. Here's a tip: get your info on hunting regs from GA DNR-WRD, not from ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 7:52:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I hunt pigs all the time at night during deer season. Absolutely legal, and there's no reason not to. Here's a tip: get your info on hunting regs from GA DNR-WRD, not from ARFCOM.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know it's legal, just for me ( no suppressors, NV, or thermals) it's not worth getting hassled by some fish cop for poaching deer. I just said I wouldn't not that you couldn't.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 8:08:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are the pigs not considered game animals?

Just asking 'cause I don't know.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 8:29:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, this was poster in the other thread.
    "Legal hours for hunting are 30 minutes before sunrise until 30 minutes
after sunset, except that alligators, raccoons, opossums, foxes, coyotes,
bobcats and feral hogs may be hunted at night. Any light used to hunt
raccoons, opossums, foxes, bobcats or feral hogs shall be carried on the
person of a hunter, affixed to a helmet or hat worn by a hunter, or be
part of a belt system worn by a hunter. There is no voltage restriction on
such lights."
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 9:05:51 PM EDT
[#26]
They don't appear to be game animals. If you read the red highlighted area, you can see it says its unlawful to hunt game animals at night except for alligators, raccoons, opossums, foxes, and bobcats. Then you read the blue highlighted area, it say you can hunt feral hogs at night. If it was a game animal it would be listed in the red highlighted area.....it would seem

§ 27-3-2.  Hunting at night

It shall be unlawful to hunt at night any game bird or game animal in this state except for alligators, raccoons, opossums, foxes, and bobcats. Any light used to hunt raccoons, opossums, foxes, or bobcats shall be carried on the person of a hunter, affixed to a helmet or hat worn by a hunter, or be part of a belt system worn by a hunter.

§ 27-3-24.  Restrictions on hunting feral hogs

(a) It shall be unlawful to hunt, or engage in the hunting of, feral hogs:

(1) Upon the lands of another or enter upon the lands of another in pursuit of feral hogs without first obtaining permission from the landowner or lessee of such land or the lessee of the game rights of such land;

(2) Upon any land which is posted without having the permission required by paragraph (1) of this subsection in writing and carried upon the person;

(3) Reserved;

(4) From within a vehicle or while riding on a vehicle at night and with the use of a light;

(5) At night with a light, except that a light which is carried on the person of a hunter, affixed to a helmet or hat worn by a hunter, or part of a belt system worn by a hunter may be used for locating feral hogs; or

(6) During the firearms deer season unless the hunter and each person accompanying the hunter are wearing a total of at least 500 square inches of daylight fluorescent orange material as an outer garment and such material or garment is worn above the waistline, and may include a head covering.

(a.1) (1) The board may by rule or regulation restrict the feeding, baiting, or hunting of feral hogs upon, over, around, or near feed or bait in any county wherein there is a documented occurrence of a communicable disease in deer and in any county adjoining such county. Such restriction may be imposed in such county and any adjoining county for a period of up to and including one year and may be extended for additional periods of up to and including two years each upon documentation that the communicable disease is still present in deer in such county. No person shall feed, bait, or hunt feral hogs in violation of any restriction imposed pursuant to this paragraph.

(2) The department shall give notice of such restriction by mail or electronic means to each person holding a current license to hunt whose last known address is within a restricted county. The department may place or designate the placement of signs and markers so as to give notice of such restriction.

(a.2) It shall be unlawful for any person to place, expose, deposit, distribute, or scatter any corn, wheat, or other grains, salts, apples, or other feed or bait so as to constitute a lure, attraction, or enticement for feral hogs within 50 yards of any property ownership boundary.

(b) The Board of Natural Resources is authorized by rules or regulations to control and regulate the hunting or taking of feral hogs on wildlife management areas.

§ 27-3-13.  Hunting of wildlife or feral hog from boats, aircraft, or motor vehicles

(a) It shall be unlawful to hunt any wildlife or feral hog from an electric, gas, or diesel boat, a steamboat, a sailboat, an airplane, a hydroplane, a hovercraft, or a motor vehicle; except that alligators may be hunted from any boat or watercraft under power.

(b) Any person who violates the provisions of subsection (a) of this Code section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction thereof, shall be punished by a fine of not less than $250.00 and, in the discretion of the sentencing court, imprisonment for not more than 12 months; provided, however, that such fine shall not be subject to suspension, stay, or probation except that if the court finds that payment of such fine would impose great economic hardship upon the defendant, the court may order such fine paid in installments.

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 9:44:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

leave Larry alone, he to put up with everyone else
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:09:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s59.photobucket.com/user/rx7turbo929/media/waycross/nov102013015_zps32ab9db7.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g293/rx7turbo929/waycross/nov102013015_zps32ab9db7.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s59.photobucket.com/user/rx7turbo929/media/waycross/nov102013012_zps765ce493.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g293/rx7turbo929/waycross/nov102013012_zps765ce493.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s59.photobucket.com/user/rx7turbo929/media/waycross/nov102013011_zps9d905a58.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g293/rx7turbo929/waycross/nov102013011_zps9d905a58.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s59.photobucket.com/user/rx7turbo929/media/waycross/nov102013015_zps32ab9db7.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g293/rx7turbo929/waycross/nov102013015_zps32ab9db7.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s59.photobucket.com/user/rx7turbo929/media/waycross/nov102013012_zps765ce493.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g293/rx7turbo929/waycross/nov102013012_zps765ce493.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s59.photobucket.com/user/rx7turbo929/media/waycross/nov102013011_zps9d905a58.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g293/rx7turbo929/waycross/nov102013011_zps9d905a58.jpg</a>

hhhmmmmm, AR-10 "B" Series.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:34:56 PM EDT
[#29]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I spit 2.5 years into the future, well hell, I'll be 60 years old.

LARRYG has me beat by a few years, the bastage.  

BTW, yooz guyz are the Next Generation's Cranky Old Bastards... if'n you fucking earned it.

BTW II:  What were you ( meaning one and all, no one pinged with one ping, only) doing

A)   in '79?  I was soaking my junk in the Dardanelles off of Gelibolu ( the snot-nosed can look up Gallipoli )
a couple of weeks before a few of us took out three (3) Borscht eating fucks during the Hostage Crisis under POS Jimmah Cahtur

B)  in 1983?  No one talks about the first Beirut bombing in the spring. Must be because everyone thinks that the French are pussies.
Some of the best da-da-damn fucks I've ever met.  Sure, there were a few of us (U.S) and CIA that took a hit,  BUTT!!!

Fuck it.  We earned our angst among our own... never mind the latest generation of the public educated.

BTW III,  God Bless the Beirut Bastards... you not-so-young fucks[any more from '91 on) didn't invent shooting DGTHs.  

AND we didn't have to go through all of your ground pounding/winning hearts and minds with IED BULLSHIT.

God Bless to all, whether you like it or not.  Us old fucks are DEEF while face to face and believe we have the correct & proper response
to posts in Ga HTF before we finish reading that post that riled our cranky old ass up.

Please remember:

1) you yunguns didn't invent:
A) Sex
B) Rolling your own
C) Or any da-da-damn thing else before we done done it

2) Keep fighting the Good Fight... family fighting amongst family is still family  

nite nite

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:45:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

BTW, yooz guyz are the Next Generation's Cranky Old Bastards... if'n you fucking earned it.

BTW II:  What were you ( meaning one and all, no one pinged with one ping, only) doing

A)   in '79?  I was soaking my junk in the Dardanelles off of Gelibolu ( the snot-nosed can look up Gallipoli )
a couple of weeks before a few of us took out three (3) Borscht eating fucks during the Hostage Crisis under POS Jimmah Cahtur

B)  in 1983?  No one talks about the first Beirut bombing in the spring. Must be because everyone thinks that the French are pussies.
Some of the best da-da-damn fucks I've ever met.  Sure, there were a few of us (U.S) and CIA that took a hit,  BUTT!!!

Fuck it.  We earned our angst among our own... never mind the latest generation of the public educated.

BTW III,  God Bless the Beirut Bastards... you not-so-young fucks[any more from '91 on) didn't invent shooting DGTHs.  

AND we didn't have to go through all of your ground pounding/winning hearts and minds with IED BULLSHIT.

God Bless to all, whether you like it or not.  Us old fucks are DEEF while face to face and believe we have the correct & proper response
to posts in Ga HTF before we finish reading that post that riled our cranky old ass up.

Please remember:

A) Sex
B) Rolling your own

2) Keep fighting the Good Fight... family fighting amongst family is still family  

nite nite

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please remember:

A) Sex
B) Rolling your own

nite nite

Didn't invent it, just perfected it
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 12:00:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Hold on, big_tex78.  dag nab it...

Let me find that bottle of Liquid Childrens Ibuprofen... eight (8) teaspoons of that and I'll show you.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top