[#2]
looks great
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:18:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Smoked turkey yum
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:43:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll be having rice and hotdogs

I'd say I'm having a bachelor thanksgiving, but I'm beginning to suspect owning one than more cat strips you of that title

Wife and kids are at the inlaws, I'm stuck here processing out for my retirement
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:24:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Smoked turkey yum
View Quote

You got it!  Still haven't tried the fryer but i hear it's pretty darn tasty as well.  I'm addicted to the smoked turkey though!
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:35:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm starting in the morning.  Going to smoke a pork butt.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:38:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Deep fried turkey at our place. The family has never had it.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:30:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You got it!  Still haven't tried the fryer but i hear it's pretty darn tasty as well.  I'm addicted to the smoked turkey though!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Smoked turkey yum

Looks really good.  Used to fry one every year for the longest.  After smoking one a few Christmas' back, don't think I'll fry again.  Up in CT at wife's family, so am at their mercy.  On a positive note, they're Italian, so we'll have great macaroni and antipasto.

Happy Thanksgiving all!
B
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:15:41 PM EDT
[#9]
I envy you brah.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:49:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Already for the morning.  Got a 13 pounder in brine for the smoker, using apple/hickory combo and a 15 pounder for the oven.  Feeding 13 adults.  Will post pics tomorrow.

Update #1
It's new home for the next 7+ hours.  

Update#2
4 Hours in.

Update#3
Here's the twins.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:06:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Just took a 16lber off the smoker. Will rewarm at the outlaws tomorrow. Can't wait. It looked damn good when i took it off.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:35:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Here is the final, had some pork for dinner, I used Butt Rub this go round and the bark has a bit of a bite to it- it's damn good. Cant wait to dig into the turkey tomorrow.  Hopefully the reheat will go ok.

Happy thanksgiving everyone.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:16:14 AM EDT
[#13]
1st annual GaHTF Thanksgiving build... I mean smoke party!

This one is going on in the morning.  This is the second butt I've smoked. First time using Butt Rub. I mixed in a little brown sugar before rubbing.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:19:48 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

This one is going on in the morning.  This is the second butt I've smoked. First time using Butt Rub. I mixed in a little brown sugar before rubbing.

http://i.imgur.com/hBGcMN7l.jpg
View Quote
Looking for a 80% build party????

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:52:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/hBGcMN7l.jpg
View Quote

Hey where did you get that cool looking paperweight that looks like an AR15 Lower?

I have been using Butt Rub for years and meats turn out great. One thing I do is rub the meat down, then put it in a vacuum sealer bag, and pull all the air out sealing it. Then I leave it that way in the fridge for two days. It helps keep the spices on by putting them in the first layer of the meat. Another trick is to rub it down then put a few tablespoons of Mr Yoshida Marinade in then suck the bag down and seal it for two days. If I find the meat on sale, I do the same thing but after sitting in the fridge sealed for a day, I move them to the deep freezer. The heavy duty sealer bags will keep it good for about 5 years if your deep freezers doesn't have a defroster. Just thaw overnight, let warm up to room  temp then smoke. I have several pork butts and briskets in the deep freezer ready to smoke when needed.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:36:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Just took a 16lber off the smoker. Will rewarm at the outlaws tomorrow. Can't wait. It looked damn good when i took it off.
View Quote

So how much of that turkey made it to the outlaws?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:04:49 PM EDT
[#17]
I am still stuffed at 9PM.  Time to crawl into bed and collapse into a L-tryptophan coma.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top