User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 8:35:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think what this is, is a PR disaster. The CDC is doing a terrible job of putting people at ease. Americans are like a flock of pigeons- they descend upon tthe easy morsel, and then scatter in fear when someone tries to feed them something substantial.

Again, I don't work at the CDC. But I know who the CDC calls for hazmat incidents on their property, because I've responded to them. Some of the members of our team have handled live anthrax, VX, and GB, including myself.

I assure you that people are freaking out more than they should. I'm not part of some conspiracy to sweep it under the rug- I'm just informed, educated, and experienced. I'm more afraid of catching or transmitting TB or bacterial meningitis than ebola.
View Quote

The CDC doesn't have a clue what it is doing.  These are the same clowns who accidentally exposed people to anthrax and are STILL not calling for air travel ban to the ebola countries.  It is also the same CDC that now thinks they may have underestimated  the incubation period from 21 days to 40 days  Ooopsie.  I agree the chances are slim to catch it right now but if they don't start to take this seriously it will spread quickly.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 8:59:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

It's one of those 2 tail numbers, then.  Someone, either the plane owners or the government, has shut down flight tracking on them in the last few days.
View Quote

Probably to hide the number of flights they are making with patients...
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 9:02:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm appalled at the fact that I have sprayed less dangerous chemicals than ebola in far better protective gear. I don't see how they could do it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 9:36:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks like a Gulfstream jet.

I was just at Emory this morning doing a survey in a biosafety lab.  Whew that was close.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 10:02:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I'm appalled at the fact that I have sprayed less dangerous chemicals than ebola in far better protective gear. I don't see how they could do it.
View Quote

Bullshitting the rest of world as to what protective gear is appropriate gives the government time to buy up all available tyvek suits.

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 10:48:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Be like The Dude and just abide. If I get Ebola, fuck it dude let's go bowling.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 11:27:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Dial it back a bit, sport.

As a paramedic and a member of one of the busiest hazmat teams in the US, I won't claim to be an infectios disease expert. But I am confident in saying that we will have this thing licked before long. This is not the book of Revelation unfolding. Nor is it a government conspiracy. The west African man died here because people die from ebola. His thousands of pages of medical records from his hospital stay indicate that they didn't just let him die. But there's only so much you can do once you cells start leaking, your tissues start breaking down, and your blood begins permeating the vessel walls. Supportive care at that point is very limited.

Your claims about a virus killing children and adults- I'm going to assume that's a reference to enterovirus D68. Guess what? That virus has been around for decades, doing exactly what it's doing now. So have the other enteroviruses. No one is hiding anything, and people are not dying in droves. This is just the next H1N1, SARS, or avian flu: something to make people do exactly what you're doing. Freak out.
View Quote

I am not making anybody freak out, I am informing them that they ARE being lied to daily, under-informed, and blatantly mislead! Also sir, it seems there is a comprehension problem, I never said they "Let him Die", I said they did not give Mr Duncan the 17 million dollar treatment each of the two doctors and the nurse received. Just as WE THE PEOPLE will not be receiving 17 Million Dollar treatments when Ebola gets out of hand (all stores of ZMapp have been used). I HAVE read the White Paper by the second Doctor that survived Ebola due to the 17 Million Dollar treatment he received which the current Administration has suppressed and illegally removed from the website it was posted on. If he is not an expect on Ebola, I don't know who is. He predicted the first US Ebola case almost to the day as well as the timing of the next two cases! The Administration as usual is playing catchup, has no real plan, has not prepared anything for what COULD be coming, has already allowed this to get out of control (as the events have already shown), did not IMMEDIATELY send a CDC Team to Dallas the SECOND a case of Ebola was confirmed, nor follow the current laws or regulations already in place. By direction of this Administration, the CDC has already broken or disregarded multiple rules and regulations that are in place to protect the public at large! 250,000 people enter this county EVERY DAY from outside of America, out of those 250,000 almost 10,000 are from areas that could be a problem Ebola wise, with over 1000 of them directly from the hardest hit areas. Are you naive enough to believe we are going to even remotely catch them all by asking questions that people can just lie about and by taking their temperature?! I deal in facts and the odds are not in our favor especially with the CDC violating its first mandate which is to CONTAIN any outbreak. The two Doctors and the nurse should never have been brought to the US, the military has no business in Africa, all travel to and from the three hardest hit counties should be banned (only military air drops and LAPS onto the runway should be used to deliver meds and supplies).

My better half is a nurse at Atlanta's biggest and busiest hospital system and two of my cousins work as a Doctor and a Nurse at two of the hospitals hardest hit by EV-D68. There is an almost 100% increase in the number of EV-D68 cases this year. With the peak being about one week after school started back up. EV-D68 (just like Ebola since the 70's) has been around for years and the current EV-D68 outbreak has been directly traced back to the illegal alien minors that are coming into America over the border and to the Government relocating unaccompanied alien minors which have been placed in OUR schools without shoots, physicals, and many of them with active diseases. "We have tracked the influx of Unaccompanied Alien Children throughout the Summer in anticipation of issues when schools returned to session and interactions with non immunized UAC’s (carrying south American virus) increase. What we have found is a DIRECT correlation between the location(s) of the outbreaks, and the locations of the UAC shipments." These are the facts!

Our children are not allowed to attend school without proof that they are current, but there are no medical histories on the illegals and they don't bother to check them, vaccinate them, or even require a physical. Herein lies the problem. And yes it isn't a conspiracy it is being deliberately DONE! Directly against school policy, directly against CDC guidelines, and directly against US Law! Details and actual facts and numbers are being withheld from the public and the news media of the number of Adults that have died as well as where and how many illegal alien minors have been placed in our communities and school systems. Again this is being done on purpose, and anybody that thinks it is not, is just plain in denial. The current Administration is completely corrupt and more importantly LAWLESS! When a Congressman can't get answers and is denied access as well as a Senator, the Administration is up to no good and is hiding things that will lead to another scandal just like the VA when all is said and done.

The exponential increase of EV-D68 this year and the area of the outbreaks are directly tied to the communities where the illegal alien minors were dumped and to allowing the 52,000 plus illegal alien minors (because if they have caught 52K we know its 3 or 4 times that many) to remain in America. Dumbocrats think they have ideas that can make the world a better place, but they never think about what might happen or the consequences of their actions!

Will things probably be all right, if we are lucky and America has been fairly lucky in the past. But with the current Administration, it is probably going to take much more then luck due to their utter incompetence, lack of action, lack of forethought, and constant leading from behind! It is a fact that for each single person that contracts Ebola, the viral loads are coming up quicker and are really high compared to Ebola just 3 years ago. This means that the number of mutations per victim is increasing and it is just a matter of time and mathematics before some variant has the ability of airborne transmission if they do not get the current outbreak under control soon. The Morons at the CDC comparing this to HIV are just that MORONS! Ebola is not a disease transmitted by sex, needles, or a blood transfusion, it is a hemorrhagic virus. Just look at how EHD affected the deer population. They are already predicting that the number of Ebola cases will reach 10,000 a week in the weeks to come, this is multitudes above the annual 200 to 500 total annual cases of the past outbreaks that were in isolated areas, Ebola is now in major population centers in Africa! There was really no need for a travel ban when Ebola was restricted to the bush, but there is an absolute need now that it is in major population centers. There is absolutely NOTHING on the nightly news about the hospital from hell or the goings on in the largest cities of Sierra Leone and Liberia. The simple fact that two US hospital workers wearing protective gear now have Ebola from only one infected patient should tell one everything they need to know about Ebola that the government isn't telling us! Odd that 75% of US Doctors support total travel ban from West Africa, but you think we have nothing to worry about! Lastly, all the stores of experimental drug ZMapp have been used.

Something to think about, not panic about. The Government is too big, to wasteful, to slow, and totally incompetent when it comes to these things. Just look at Katrina or any other disaster. The Dumbocrats want to appoint an Ebola Czar for crying out loud, as if we need another layer of government crap to a system so bloated it can't get out of its own way much less help! Nobama is inept, CDC director is inept, HHS is inept, so the solution is to appoint an Ebola Czar which will be just another inept scapegoat for the inept Nobama to blame instead of himself!

NOTE: properly calling them Illegal Aliens or Illegals is neither racist or bigoted, it is a fact and the actual truth. They are here "Illegally" and they are NOT immigrants because immigrants are here legally which is why they are called immigrants because they have the proper immigration paperwork (illegal immigrants is an oxymoron).
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 12:16:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

spraying pesticides without protection .............. kills everything it touches except the sprayer....... but i feel dead for a few days if I do not wear the protective masks........ wear thy mask.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 1:58:42 AM EDT
[#9]
This is my new religion to help with the stress that watching the news gives me. Seriously though,  it is hard to prepare beyond however long you can stay isolated during a outbreak. Meaning how long your supplies, ie food and water,  last. I think it is survivable,  but that would be a tough one. Not enough people are taking this seriously.  Im glad to see folks here are.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 7:17:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Bullshitting the rest of world as to what protective gear is appropriate gives the government time to buy up all available tyvek suits.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would you care to share with the uninformed (myself mainly) what types of ppe we should get?
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 8:24:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This is my new religion to help with the stress that watching the news gives me. Seriously though,  it is hard to prepare beyond however long you can stay isolated during a outbreak. Meaning how long your supplies, ie food and water,  last. I think it is survivable,  but that would be a tough one. Not enough people are taking this seriously.  Im glad to see folks here are.
View Quote

I have been an ordained Dudeist Priest since 2008. Take er easy, man.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 8:50:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I am not making anybody freak out, I am informing them that they ARE being lied to daily, under-informed, and blatantly mislead! Also sir, it seems there is a comprehension problem, I never said they "Let him Die", I said they did not give Mr Duncan the 17 million dollar treatment each of the two doctors and the nurse received. Just as WE THE PEOPLE will not be receiving 17 Million Dollar treatments when Ebola gets out of hand (all stores of ZMapp have been used). I HAVE read the White Paper by the second Doctor that survived Ebola due to the 17 Million Dollar treatment he received which the current Administration has suppressed and illegally removed from the website it was posted on. If he is not an expect on Ebola, I don't know who is. He predicted the first US Ebola case almost to the day as well as the timing of the next two cases! The Administration as usual is playing catchup, has no real plan, has not prepared anything for what COULD be coming, has already allowed this to get out of control (as the events have already shown), did not IMMEDIATELY send a CDC Team to Dallas the SECOND a case of Ebola was confirmed, nor follow the current laws or regulations already in place. By direction of this Administration, the CDC has already broken or disregarded multiple rules and regulations that are in place to protect the public at large! 250,000 people enter this county EVERY DAY from outside of America, out of those 250,000 almost 10,000 are from areas that could be a problem Ebola wise, with over 1000 of them directly from the hardest hit areas. Are you naive enough to believe we are going to even remotely catch them all by asking questions that people can just lie about and by taking their temperature?! I deal in facts and the odds are not in our favor especially with the CDC violating its first mandate which is to CONTAIN any outbreak. The two Doctors and the nurse should never have been brought to the US, the military has no business in Africa, all travel to and from the three hardest hit counties should be banned (only military air drops and LAPS onto the runway should be used to deliver meds and supplies).

My better half is a nurse at Atlanta's biggest and busiest hospital system and two of my cousins work as a Doctor and a Nurse at two of the hospitals hardest hit by EV-D68. There is an almost 100% increase in the number of EV-D68 cases this year. With the peak being about one week after school started back up. EV-D68 (just like Ebola since the 70's) has been around for years and the current EV-D68 outbreak has been directly traced back to the illegal alien minors that are coming into America over the border and to the Government relocating unaccompanied alien minors which have been placed in OUR schools without shoots, physicals, and many of them with active diseases. "We have tracked the influx of Unaccompanied Alien Children throughout the Summer in anticipation of issues when schools returned to session and interactions with non immunized UAC’s (carrying south American virus) increase. What we have found is a DIRECT correlation between the location(s) of the outbreaks, and the locations of the UAC shipments." These are the facts!

Our children are not allowed to attend school without proof that they are current, but there are no medical histories on the illegals and they don't bother to check them, vaccinate them, or even require a physical. Herein lies the problem. And yes it isn't a conspiracy it is being deliberately DONE! Directly against school policy, directly against CDC guidelines, and directly against US Law! Details and actual facts and numbers are being withheld from the public and the news media of the number of Adults that have died as well as where and how many illegal alien minors have been placed in our communities and school systems. Again this is being done on purpose, and anybody that thinks it is not, is just plain in denial. The current Administration is completely corrupt and more importantly LAWLESS! When a Congressman can't get answers and is denied access as well as a Senator, the Administration is up to no good and is hiding things that will lead to another scandal just like the VA when all is said and done.

The exponential increase of EV-D68 this year and the area of the outbreaks are directly tied to the communities where the illegal alien minors were dumped and to allowing the 52,000 plus illegal alien minors (because if they have caught 52K we know its 3 or 4 times that many) to remain in America. Dumbocrats think they have ideas that can make the world a better place, but they never think about what might happen or the consequences of their actions!

Will things probably be all right, if we are lucky and America has been fairly lucky in the past. But with the current Administration, it is probably going to take much more then luck due to their utter incompetence, lack of action, lack of forethought, and constant leading from behind! It is a fact that for each single person that contracts Ebola, the viral loads are coming up quicker and are really high compared to Ebola just 3 years ago. This means that the number of mutations per victim is increasing and it is just a matter of time and mathematics before some variant has the ability of airborne transmission if they do not get the current outbreak under control soon. The Morons at the CDC comparing this to HIV are just that MORONS! Ebola is not a disease transmitted by sex, needles, or a blood transfusion, it is a hemorrhagic virus. Just look at how EHD affected the deer population. They are already predicting that the number of Ebola cases will reach 10,000 a week in the weeks to come, this is multitudes above the annual 200 to 500 total annual cases of the past outbreaks that were in isolated areas, Ebola is now in major population centers in Africa! There was really no need for a travel ban when Ebola was restricted to the bush, but there is an absolute need now that it is in major population centers. There is absolutely NOTHING on the nightly news about the hospital from hell or the goings on in the largest cities of Sierra Leone and Liberia. The simple fact that two US hospital workers wearing protective gear now have Ebola from only one infected patient should tell one everything they need to know about Ebola that the government isn't telling us! Odd that 75% of US Doctors support total travel ban from West Africa, but you think we have nothing to worry about! Lastly, all the stores of experimental drug ZMapp have been used.

Something to think about, not panic about. The Government is too big, to wasteful, to slow, and totally incompetent when it comes to these things. Just look at Katrina or any other disaster. The Dumbocrats want to appoint an Ebola Czar for crying out loud, as if we need another layer of government crap to a system so bloated it can't get out of its own way much less help! Nobama is inept, CDC director is inept, HHS is inept, so the solution is to appoint an Ebola Czar which will be just another inept scapegoat for the inept Nobama to blame instead of himself!

NOTE: properly calling them Illegal Aliens or Illegals is neither racist or bigoted, it is a fact and the actual truth. They are here "Illegally" and they are NOT immigrants because immigrants are here legally which is why they are called immigrants because they have the proper immigration paperwork (illegal immigrants is an oxymoron).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dial it back a bit, sport.

As a paramedic and a member of one of the busiest hazmat teams in the US, I won't claim to be an infectios disease expert. But I am confident in saying that we will have this thing licked before long. This is not the book of Revelation unfolding. Nor is it a government conspiracy. The west African man died here because people die from ebola. His thousands of pages of medical records from his hospital stay indicate that they didn't just let him die. But there's only so much you can do once you cells start leaking, your tissues start breaking down, and your blood begins permeating the vessel walls. Supportive care at that point is very limited.

Your claims about a virus killing children and adults- I'm going to assume that's a reference to enterovirus D68. Guess what? That virus has been around for decades, doing exactly what it's doing now. So have the other enteroviruses. No one is hiding anything, and people are not dying in droves. This is just the next H1N1, SARS, or avian flu: something to make people do exactly what you're doing. Freak out.

Dude there is so much wrong here.  I dont have time to discuss it all here and maybe I'll pick it apart later, but here are a few quick thoughts off the top of my head:

1.  There is no conclusive evidence that ZMAPP even works.  The number of people treated is nowhere near enough to have a statistically relevant sample size.  You can read the white paper all you want, but any semi trained scientist will tell you that until you have a controlled study you cant draw any conclusions.

2.  Testing for ebola is very complicated because determining if they actually have the disease before showing symptoms is really hit or miss.  If they dont have a temperature then we probably will not get a positive reaction on any of the tests we currently have.

3.  A travel ban does not completely protect us and is not a cure all.  

The response has been far from perfect.  I still maintain that this disease is not likely to cause a widespread epidemic due to the nature of transmission and the living conditions in our country.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 12:02:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/10/15/texas-health-care-worker-ebola-second-case/17290575/

So I'm watching this on the news right now.....they are loading the nurse into the plane that is taking her to GA and while everyone is in hazmat suits, some jackass with a clip board is standing right next to them and seemed like he kept getting closer and closer.

View Quote

This guy is famous now. #clipboardguy

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 2:16:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 2:27:21 PM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 8:34:07 AM EDT
[#16]
In my opinion this is an excellent talk recently given about the Ebola crisis and our strategy for dealing with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWagxHTRvG4
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 8:41:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
In my opinion this is an excellent talk recently given about the Ebola crisis and our strategy for dealing with it.

View Quote

Hotlinked for you
Link
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 10:57:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Well.  We now have an Ebola Czar.  
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 10:58:58 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Well.  We now have an Ebola Czar.  
View Quote
And oh so qualified. Al Gore and Joe Biden's Chief of Staff. He also signed off on the Solyndra loan

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 11:22:52 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Would you care to share with the uninformed (myself mainly) what types of ppe we should get?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

The long spine board in the above picture is 70".  The spill you see is 5 liters, which is the amount of fluid an ebola patient can lose each day.
The Dallas hospital was using gowns and masks.
The ground EMS crews are using suits and hoods.
Only one of those groups has contacted ebola.

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 11:31:57 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote

I especially like the part where he states, "The more I learn, the less I know." That saved me from watching the rest and tells me everything I need to know about ebola.   The people in charge, really don't know what they are doing. (Not to say that he is in charge)

If someone shows up to a hospital with Ebola and no known connection to Africa, we are fucked. And by fucked I mean properly fucked. The health care system will collapse.

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 12:01:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
http://i674.photobucket.com/albums/vv102/dj7836024/100_0345_zpsa78c47ec.jpg

The long spine board in the above picture is 70".  The spill you see is 5 liters, which is the amount of fluid an ebola patient can lose each day.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i674.photobucket.com/albums/vv102/dj7836024/100_0345_zpsa78c47ec.jpg

Can you link to some "suits and hoods" you would recommend?

I am not even sure what those would look like......but I would like to but some!
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 3:18:58 PM EDT
[#23]
You won't get any proper PPE from any major medical or public safety supply right now. The whole world is out of Tyvek suits and hoods. It's like .22 LR during the panic. There may be one or two here and there, but major suppliers are out.

Our department is issuing the same size suits for everyone, despite the fact that Tyvek suits will NOT stretch to fit tall or fat people. It's all there is right now.

Worry less about the suit, and more about how you'll get it off without infecting yourself or someone else. I have a feeling that that's how those nurses got it.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 3:21:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B0ChS6ZCcAAL0wr.jpg:medium
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/10/15/texas-health-care-worker-ebola-second-case/17290575/

So I'm watching this on the news right now.....they are loading the nurse into the plane that is taking her to GA and while everyone is in hazmat suits, some jackass with a clip board is standing right next to them and seemed like he kept getting closer and closer.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B0ChS6ZCcAAL0wr.jpg:medium

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 12:21:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
You won't get any proper PPE from any major medical or public safety supply right now. The whole world is out of Tyvek suits and hoods. It's like .22 LR during the panic. There may be one or two here and there, but major suppliers are out.

Our department is issuing the same size suits for everyone, despite the fact that Tyvek suits will NOT stretch to fit tall or fat people. It's all there is right now.

Worry less about the suit, and more about how you'll get it off without infecting yourself or someone else. I have a feeling that that's how those nurses got it.
View Quote

Could you not just spray yourself with bleach then remove the suit? Or have a kid pool with a solution that would kill it outside; spray before you get home so you don't contaminate the path home and your yard then roll around in it then remove the suit?  Just spitballing here, but seems there's a simple way you could do this outside a lab like environment.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 7:26:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Decon is not simple. And depending upon your level of protection, a bleach wash would be harmful to your skin, which is a risk for later infection from anything, not just ebola. Intact skin is your frind.

10% bleach is fine, IF someone else can help you decon and doff your suit. But how good are they at decon? And how good are they at not contaminating themselves while performing decon? It's not like the movies, and suits have creases and wrinkles and places where people miss- even trained and experienced people. I look at ebola decon as only slightly easier than radioactive contamiation decon. Both have potentially life-ending consequences if places are missed and the contamination ends up inside your body.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:29:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I especially like the part where he states, "The more I learn, the less I know." That saved me from watching the rest and tells me everything I need to know about ebola.   The people in charge, really don't know what they are doing. (Not to say that he is in charge)

If someone shows up to a hospital with Ebola and no known connection to Africa, we are fucked. And by fucked I mean properly fucked. The health care system will collapse.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You should have watched the rest because he frames his talk around that statement and having contingency plans for black Swan events.  Science is rarely concrete and if i could sum up my career so far i would use the exact same line.

Two books that clearly influenced this man and have really shaped my thinking are here:

http://www.amazon.com/Fooled-Randomness-Hidden-Markets-Incerto/dp/0812975219/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1413591347&sr=1-1&keywords=fooled+by+randomness

http://www.amazon.com/The-Black-Swan-Improbable-Robustness/dp/081297381X/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_y

Nate Silvers' book "the signal and the noise" is a great follow up as well.

They are great reads.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:19:12 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View Quote

My distributors for masks and suits are telling us they are under restrictions on who can get suits and most likely masks soon also.  Apparently hospitals and the military come first and then the private sector.  They told me new orders to Dupont for Tyvek suits are 12 weeks out.  Luckily, I have 400 P100 masks and 350 Tyvek suits on the way that should be here next week.    It is like the ammo shortage all over again though.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:22:51 AM EDT
[#29]
If you're that concerned, there's always tychem or tyvek for chemical use. Just a heads up, none of the tyvek suits are rated for contact on bare skin so you need to be fully clothed under it.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:48:42 AM EDT
[#30]
New recommendations were released to us yesterday that include suits and hoods, which is what Emory University and EMS have been using.

What I stated earlier in this thread is exactly what happened.  By the time they released the "correct" recommendations, all of the suits were gone.  Awful convenient ain't it?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:02:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Next Ebola case confirmed in NYC
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:50:33 PM EDT
[#32]
We are planning to use Level B suits with PAPR that click into our existing Scott facepieces. I think a normal Scott P100 filter would work, but we're going with the PAPR for the slight positive pressure in case the mask seal is broken.

Continuing the decon conversation- doffing is the trick. What the CDC has been recommending about doffing while standing in a trash bag won't work. It takes a helper to accomplish a clean doff. A helper with training and experience. I haven't done a true clean doff since May, and that was with live nerve agents. I'm rusty, and I'd have to review the order of procedures real quick to do it perfectly. But none of that helps if the person helping you screws up and pulls something off out of order.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:06:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Got to love those new Ebola screening protocols! Didn't ask a Doctors Without Borders guy coming back into the country from Ground Zero if maybe he should spend a few days in quarantine just in cause. No just ask some dumb questions and take his temperature. Now remember that part, taking travelers' temperature.

He was cleared to enter the country and leave the airport. He didn't have a low grade fever until Thursday so we could be letting hundreds of people with active virus into the country because the Dumbocrats and Nobama are to stupid to initiate a Travel Ban! Asking useless questions and taking a traveler's temperature does absolutely nothing to identify or quarantine an infected traveler unless they already have a raging case of Ebola as this doctor plainly proves.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:55:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Got to love those new Ebola screening protocols! Didn't ask a Doctors Without Borders guy coming back into the country from Ground Zero if maybe he should spend a few days in quarantine just in cause. No just ask some dumb questions and take his temperature. Now remember that part, taking travelers' temperature.

He was cleared to enter the country and leave the airport. He didn't have a low grade fever until Thursday so we could be letting hundreds of people with active virus into the country because the Dumbocrats and Nobama are to stupid to initiate a Travel Ban! Asking useless questions and taking a traveler's temperature does absolutely nothing to identify or quarantine an infected traveler unless they already have a raging case of Ebola as this doctor plainly proves.

View Quote

A travel ban won't work. None of the affected countries have direct flights to the US. They have to get to another country first, so do we ban all international flights?

You'd cripple the world economy and the ability of those affected countries to deal with their own Ebola outbreaks. It would just get worse.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:19:14 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

A travel ban won't work. None of the affected countries have direct flights to the US. They have to get to another country first, so do we ban all international flights?

You'd cripple the world economy and the ability of those affected countries to deal with their own Ebola outbreaks. It would just get worse.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stop with the logic. It doesn't work here
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:47:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Even if I agree with some of what you're saying, you lose ALL CREDIBILITY when you include "Dumbocrat" and "Nobama" in what you expect me to read and seriously consider as a mature adult.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:52:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The simple solution is to look at each passport and quarantine those that might be afflicted.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top