Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2014 10:49:17 PM EDT
Picked up a P238 over the weekend from Sgt. Jimmy at Dixie Ammo Dump. I've never had a laser before, but thinking maybe 7 - 10 yards. P238 has great sights for such a small package. Just wondering if there's a rule of thumb. I need to do some more reading, so if anybody has some good links, I'd appreciate that as well.

Since it is my thread, I'll preemptively derail it and ask if anybody knows of any deals on .380 practice ammo. I see what I think are decent prices at Freedom Munitions... $.28 $.30/rd depending on whether reman or new. Interesting to me that .380 is more expensive than 9mm.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:51:31 PM EDT
[#1]
arms length away.  if i have to use my pocket pistol, it's going to be close range.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:01:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a 238 as well. Great gun and surprisingly accurate. I do not have a laser, but I would say 7-10 yards. Wouldn't really be used out past that, even though the gun could do it.

I usually just buy .380 at Academy. I don't shoot it very much and when I was breaking it in before I carried it, I still worked there so it was easier to get it when I saw it. That was pre Sandy Hook, fwiw. Usually $18-20 per 50.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:36:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Sarge is a great guy!

If it were mine, I'd zero at 7 yards.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:36:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Simple reason .380 is more expensive then 9MM, there are 100s of thousands more boxes of 9MM sold then .380 so its all supply and demand. It is not like .22RL compared to 9MM in size and there is a huge volume and material differences. All a .380 is is a 9MM short, so that is not that much saving making one over the other so it comes down to volume being used and sold.

Best price around is $12.95 for 50 at Bullets.com

South GA Outdoors has Silver Bear for $13.59 for 50

South GA Outdoors has Blazer for $15.99 for 50

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:47:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sarge is a great guy!

If it were mine, I'd zero at 7 yards.
View Quote

My wife wanted to adopt him as her Dad.  Thx for the distance info.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:55:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Simple reason .380 is more expensive then 9MM, there are 100s of thousands more boxes of 9MM sold then .380 so its all supply and demand. It is not like .22RL compared to 9MM in size and there is a huge volume and material differences. All a .380 is is a 9MM short, so that is not that much saving making one over the other so it comes down to volume being used and sold.

Best price around is $12.95 for 50 at Bullets.com

South GA Outdoors has Silver Bear for $13.59 for 50

South GA Outdoors has Blazer for $15.99 for 50

View Quote

Thanks for the info t_h. My first foray into the .380 world. I figured it was supply and demand. I remember hearing that 380 was practically impossible to find after Sandy Hook.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top