Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2014 9:07:51 PM EDT
Just bought a little place on south side of Lake Oconee east of Eatonton.

Are there any  GA HTF people in the general area..???

I don't need anything. I'm just trying to figure out who my neighbors are.

td
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 9:09:25 PM EDT
[#1]
The pawn business must be booming!  Your turning into the ted turner of Georgia!
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 9:12:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The pawn business must be booming!  Your turning into the ted turner of Georgia!
View Quote

Notice I said "a little place"

Homie ain't going to be hanging in Reynolds Plantation

td
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 10:56:15 PM EDT
[#3]
My grandfather lives in Eatonton.  I travel there frequently.  But hell, I also have family in Dublin and go there a bunch.   Are you stalking me
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 11:05:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm over that way sometimes.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:44:08 AM EDT
[#5]
We have a lake house we frequent often winter and summer. Near 441 in the Dennis station community on lake Sinclair.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 5:50:19 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm in Milledgeville, and spend quite a bit of time on Oconee (mostly near the Long Shoals area).
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 7:44:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Milledgeville here.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 8:59:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Once I get caught up I was thinking about an informal meet and greet/BBQ on the lake if there's enough interest.

I'm heading up there today with lawn equipment to get the yard under control.

I've got an enclosed trailer with pots, pans, bath towels ETC ready to haul up Friday evening to make the place somewhat livable.

td
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 9:36:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Our hunting camp is in Sparta, we're about 8-9 miles east of the dam between Oconee/Sinclair.

http://www.harpervalley.freeservers.com/index.htm

I'm down there fairly often, just got back from the dove shoot last weekend.
I'd be up for a gathering. I could haul the ATV over if needed for work/play.
I reside in a vintage single-wide when I'm down there.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 11:29:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Once I get caught up I was thinking about an informal meet and greet/BBQ on the lake if there's enough interest.

I'm heading up there today with lawn equipment to get the yard under control.

I've got an enclosed trailer with pots, pans, bath towels ETC ready to haul up Friday evening to make the place somewhat livable.

td
View Quote

I'm interested.  My in laws live on the lake and my wife and I are up that way about once a month.  When were you thinking of having the meet/greet?
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:50:35 PM EDT
[#11]
let me know when you do a meet and greet.  I live in Hoschton, but I have a place on lake Sinclair in Island Creek area.  I spend a most weekends during the summer down there.  
As a matter of fact, a bunch of old college buddies and I are getting together to crash Cowboys Saturday night.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:59:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 8:05:19 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm shooting for 4-6 weeks....

It's only going to be a weekend home but I still have to get things situated.

I'll let y'all know when I'm about 2 weeks from completion.  

td
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 9:20:50 AM EDT
[#14]
I know the lake area very well. Where are you located. We are across from Optimus island near the steel train trestle.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 10:56:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I know the lake area very well. Where are you located. We are across from Optimus island near the steel train trestle.
View Quote

River Lake Dr....

I think the general area is known as "Long Point"..????

td
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:28:08 AM EDT
[#16]
If you guys decide on a date somebody PM me.  I haven't had as much time lately to keep up with the forum because of work and preps for HTF shoot.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 2:18:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Still trying to get the place somewhat presentable....

The previous owner was 82 years old and lived 2 hours away.  I think it was a challenge for him to maintain the property.

There's nothing major needed but there's a lot of little time consuming projects on my to-do list and the fact that I live 1.5 hours from the house doesn't make things any easier.

td
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top