Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2014 4:46:50 PM EDT
I'm looking at buying a GORP and using either Clybel WMA or Big Lazer Creek WMA. Maybe Cedar Creek. Does anyone go to these ranges? Is the GORP the only thing I need to shoot pistol and rifle there?

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 5:33:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I shoot at the Cedar Creek range fairly regularly.   It is a decent range to shoot at but can get a little busy from time to time.  I have never had a problem with any of the ROs or other shooters there.

I have a Sportsmans licence that includes the WMA stamp but I dont recall ever being asked to show anything.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 5:54:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I was at the clybel range earlier this week (wed), the 100yd was only me & 2 other shooters. Gets busy on the weekends, I just go early. during the week is usually the best.  Friendly RO's, target stands provided for both the 50yd & 100yd

They also recently added a skeet range
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:46:29 PM EDT
[#3]
The gorp is all you need. I have been out to big lazer numerous times with my son and we were the only people there for a couple of hours
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 6:56:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I go shooting at Big Lazer Creek several times a month, sometimes I am the only one shooting there, be sure and bring your own target stand.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 7:34:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd get the WMA license. That way if you ever wanted to hunt or use one of the PFA you'd be good to go.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:21:18 AM EDT
[#6]
If you are a hunter go with WMA endorsement instead of GORP, even if you don't plan to hunt the WMA. It's the same price, and you never know . . .

GORP gets you on the ranges, but doesn't cover hunting or fishing.

Of course this being ARFcom, I have both (Small Group GORP).

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top