Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2014 4:09:19 AM EDT
This happened in Macon, close to where Vote almost got mugged a little while back.

Wilson said a "Good Samaritan" was inside of the store when it was being robbed. As the robbers fled the store, the man followed them and fired shots.

The man and woman drove over a traffic island and blew out their tires. They drove the car as far as Ashley Furniture, where they stopped, got out and ran into the store.
View Quote

click for more

No immediate threat, following them out and taking a shot?  Sounds like a good way to end up in deep doo-doo yourself.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 4:49:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Even if you are a cop, and you pursue, and the thief doubles back to bum rush you, and breaks your eye socket, it's still not a good shoot. Basically nobody can shoot these days.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:08:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Creative articulation
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:44:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
This happened in Macon, close to where Vote almost got mugged a little while back.

Wilson said a "Good Samaritan" was inside of the store when it was being robbed. As the robbers fled the store, the man followed them and fired shots.

The man and woman drove over a traffic island and blew out their tires. They drove the car as far as Ashley Furniture, where they stopped, got out and ran into the store.
View Quote

click for more

No immediate threat, following them out and taking a shot?  Sounds like a good way to end up in deep doo-doo yourself.

View Quote

I thought I heard something about being able to shoot if the bad dudes were threatening the lives of others. "Officer they were armed and had just held the store owner up at gun point. There were people everywhere, I thought they could be going to attack someone else so I shot." Just my thought on that. I know not really a good idea.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:56:19 AM EDT
[#4]
In defense of the life, or preventing the serious injury of, a 3rd party.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:57:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Its just a good thing no innocent bystanders were hit plus its not California or he would be in jail and the robbers out roaming free.

One thing the Police train on which is very important in moving target gun play is to watch their backgrounds so they can stop shooting if the danger is higher in hitting innocent bystanders. Most guys that just shoot at the range or in the back yard don't practice the art of non-static shooting because self defense shootings are normally under 5 yards if I remember what Shep told us. In an outdoor public gun play situation, watching ones background is almost as important as watching ones target. Tragedy could have occurred if while trying to stop them a woman with a baby stroller was walking by behind the vehicle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top