Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2014 5:57:16 PM EDT
Looks like one,maybe both of my units have leaks. Each year I land up spending about $500 for the service call and freon.

Anyone tried acwholesaler.com? I'm tempted to install them myself and then have someone do the lines and charge them.

Located in Sandy Springs.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 6:46:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I can highly recommend GK mechanical. After several experiences like yours I finally had them come out and fix it right.

Griffin 706-273-9499
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 7:04:46 PM EDT
[#2]
IM sent.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 7:58:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Not to steal the thread from OP but any affordable & honest AC guy in Gwinnett county?
I'm also sick and tired of paying ridiculous service charge.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 8:22:28 PM EDT
[#4]
2Tom2. not sure if he goes up that far
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 2:18:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
2Tom2. not sure if he goes up that far
View Quote

Another recommendation for 2Tom2
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 2:29:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Not to steal the thread from OP but any affordable & honest AC guy in Gwinnett county?

I'm also sick and tired of paying ridiculous service charge.

View Quote
What rate is a " ridiculous" service charge?

Link Posted: 7/15/2014 3:34:04 AM EDT
[#7]
sorry to high jack, but we finally got our A/C repaired correctly last night. Atlas mechanical n Augusta fixed it, we went through 5 a/c companies and paid for service charges every time. a retired marine that instructs at Augusta tech came out because i called tempstar. 3 out of the 5 companies tried to sell us new Carrier systems, guess what tempstar is made by Carrier according to ICP/Tempstar and the guy from Atlas mechanical. for 2 and a half years we have put up with this. the original installer left the inside temp probe loose from the low side line that was supposed to be attached too reducing the freon from the inside unit. i watched the outside a/c unit produce water off the low side line and unit for the first time since we lived here, unreal. now i have to fix a hack job of where the inside unit is not sealed and sucking in attic air. thank you Atlas
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 3:59:42 AM EDT
[#8]
If any one needs AC service in  middle ga call Steve Lake at Georgia Cooling. I have had the system replaced at my house, my 85 year old parents and he did the system in the new Macon Armory shop. All were done at exceptional prices, an all were done to very high standards .  Super good guy and very honest, and very high standards. I don't recommend too many skilled tradesmen, but Steve is at the top of my list
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 6:31:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Update- had 6 different companies come out and boy are there difference!

Anyone have an Amana unit? It was the cheapest (by $3k!,).  I looked online and all reviews are bad- which I expect because no one goes online to gloat about something that is doing its job as it should...

Just waiting on one last quote. So far the price per system is between $4500 and $12,000..

Whoever started the rumor that I'm made of money got something wrong!
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 6:53:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Amana units are builders grade units. They are owned by Goidman. In my opinion they are a unit designed to survive the warranty period.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 7:18:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Did you by chance call GK? Curious as how they compare for new units as I have only used then for repairs.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:02:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Ours is out again. I guess we're going to try to get a new system. Hopefully we can get a loan through EMC.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 1:56:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Did you by chance call GK? Curious as how they compare for new units as I have only used then for repairs.
View Quote

I didn't mainly because of the 706 number and fear that they won't come to Atlanta.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 1:57:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Amana units are builders grade units. They are owned by Goidman. In my opinion they are a unit designed to survive the warranty period.
View Quote

That might be ok. The installed cost is literally half of the trance /carriers. And in 10 years efficiency should be up..
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 3:04:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I didn't mainly because of the 706 number and fear that they won't come to Atlanta.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They do.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 6:53:26 AM EDT
[#16]
I got an estimate this morning. $6250, damn. I hope EMC will swing a loan.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 7:15:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Did a new 3 ton rudd unit and furnace 3 years ago for under 3k.
My guy does all of emory and crawford long hospitals and charged me about $500 to put them in and get me rolling.
Allthough I have the ability to by from the dealer so I could get it alot cheaper being I am in the restaurant equipment buisness.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top