BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 17
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:19:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Like,I say at all the events i do, if you leave hungry or sober it's your own damn fault.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Me too. Upper, lower, stocks, grips, all kinds of stuff.

It would be cool if the swap meet could become an annual Georgia HTF official event. Kind of a private gun show that's completely legal with nothing but private sales/trades.

I'd like all of it to become an annual event. It's just going to depend on attendance, and whether people have as good a time as we intend them to have.
Like,I say at all the events i do, if you leave hungry or sober it's your own damn fault.  

MFF won't be saying it I'm sure.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:22:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Is it to late for me to go? I'll be a definite maybe, I often work weekends but wont know until the last minute. If so, location please.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:53:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I will be there and will be bringing cash for food. My +1 is a maybe.  

Directions/ coordinates?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:55:29 AM EDT
[#4]

So, on to the roll call!

View Quote

Sbarker, I and a +1 are in for camping. 2 others will visit Saturday.

ETA: I'll need directions.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:50:33 AM EDT
[#5]
In +1 for Saturday only
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:54:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Is it to late for me to go? I'll be a definite maybe, I often work weekends but wont know until the last minute. If so, location please.
View Quote

Sure, you can be a definite maybe.

You guys that still need directions PM me.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:55:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Roll call: Myself +2 will be there Friday and will be camping.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:20:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:33:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll be there +1 on Friday and plan on camping until Sunday. Will be making the donation today, and I'm also gonna bring enough pans and foil for probably next years event as well so DO NOT BUY ALUMINUM PANS!!!! DO NOT BUY ALUMINUM FOIL!!! DO NOT BUY PLASTIC WRAP FOR THE FOOD!!!

The company I work for makes all of this and I can get it at a very significant discount from what you'll pay at the store. I can get a case of the aluminum compartment plates as well(one big and two small pockets) and even the lids for those if you think we'd need it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:55:18 PM EDT
[#10]
OK, I made the donation. Sorry for the delay.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:48:27 PM EDT
[#11]
We have received 13 donations covering 21 attendees for a total of $342.

Looks like we are not even half way there on donations as several of the attendees of the 21 are Plus Ones which are not counted as part of the 50 members confirmed.

And yes I know some people are bringing cash to the event.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 4:09:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'll be there +1 on Friday and plan on camping until Sunday. Will be making the donation today, and I'm also gonna bring enough pans and foil for probably next years event as well so DO NOT BUY ALUMINUM PANS!!!! DO NOT BUY ALUMINUM FOIL!!! DO NOT BUY PLASTIC WRAP FOR THE FOOD!!!

The company I work for makes all of this and I can get it at a very significant discount from what you'll pay at the store. I can get a case of the aluminum compartment plates as well(one big and two small pockets) and even the lids for those if you think we'd need it.
View Quote

Duly noted. Thank you sir.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 4:17:04 PM EDT
[#13]
If you or MFF can drop by the shop I'll fork over some cash for food.......
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 4:18:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 4:21:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 4:45:12 PM EDT
[#16]
MFF, check with CPL. He said on page 19 that he was bringing the butts
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 4:55:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
MFF, check with CPL. He said on page 19 that he was bringing the butts
View Quote

Yeah, we need a HNIC meeting of the minds. I'll be calling folks tonight so we're all on the same page.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 4:58:42 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm glad you already called me about what I'm in charge of

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 5:24:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 5:34:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Check with Sam's Club in Macon and Butcher Boy meats.  Sam's is usually cheapest, plus not frozen.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:40:16 PM EDT
[#21]
In for Saturday only .. Arrive in the AM, leave mid afternoon...
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:50:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:59:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Here's where it is on Google maps for those that need directions.

Half Fawn Ranch
View Quote

HA! Great name.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:01:10 PM EDT
[#24]
We have received 14 donations covering 22 attendees for a total of $352.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:40:40 PM EDT
[#25]
I' ready.  Just assembled 2 blasters tonight.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:31:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:31:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Yatzee Squirrel, for some reason it won't let me PM you. Says your name is invalid although you have that name and I received a message from you. Don't know what's up with that.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:32:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

HA! Great name.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here's where it is on Google maps for those that need directions.

Half Fawn Ranch

HA! Great name.

That's us!
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:02:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Just think, you can now shoot more than 7 times without having to reload!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I' ready.  Just assembled 2 blasters tonight.

<a href="http://s1352.photobucket.com/user/talrx1/media/651F73EE-6C20-400D-9FD1-0CE94CED92BD_zps5ioqryhe.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1352.photobucket.com/albums/q659/talrx1/651F73EE-6C20-400D-9FD1-0CE94CED92BD_zps5ioqryhe.jpg</a>

Just think, you can now shoot more than 7 times without having to reload!

Sad thing is, that the last time I shot was before that Un-SAFE Act passed. It was at a NYHTF shoot we had on Fort Drum, Watertown NY.  We had an 1800 meter tank range with pop up targets and we shot every thing from 5.56 to .50BMG.  Also had a small pistol range set.  We were visited by a US Army Sniper team who just happened to stop by and schooled us on long range shooting.  It was partially sponsored by TROY(before the FUCK TROY movement). They brought some NFA stuff for us to play with. It was a great time, one of the best I had ever attended.   SAFE Act killed all of that, and I know there are many NYers who haven't been to the range since that shit passed.  

I CAN NOT WAIT TO GET THERE ON SATURDAY!!!
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:05:04 AM EDT
[#30]
This may be a good trip, I've been pondering a mossberg mvp in 308 for a while, Howard's has one on gunbroker so I may get one this weekend now .
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:05:07 AM EDT
[#31]
on the money side of this, my word is good when i tell someone i will do this. i'm donating 75 bucks to cover me and Gockfan and my friend Matt that has come with me to other shoots. i have cash and will not use paypal because they are anti second amendment. i have IM our host which didn't seem to have a issue with bringing cash in hand when arriving Saturday morning. i understand the worry and frustration when hosting a cookout, i did these quite often, invite 40 and 25 to 30 show up, so i get that. maybe we can find another way next year other than pay pal
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:16:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
on the money side of this, my word is good when i tell someone i will do this. i'm donating 75 bucks to cover me and Gockfan and my friend Matt that has come with me to other shoots. i have cash and will not use paypal because they are anti second amendment. i have IM our host which didn't seem to have a issue with bringing cash in hand when arriving Saturday morning. i understand the worry and frustration when hosting a cookout, i did these quite often, invite 40 and 25 to 30 show up, so i get that. maybe we can find another way next year other than pay pal
View Quote

Your point is taken. And at the same time these things never go completely as planned. Once in awhile its perfect and the other times either too many people show up and there isn't enough food or not enough people show up and there is too much food. By getting everybody that is a hard commit to donate ahead of time, it enables the planners to have a better idea of the numbers as well as the money to get how much food will be needed.

I can also take credit cards (not through Paypal) if that makes it easier for anybody and 100% goes toward the event as I will pay the fees associated with that (my processor's rate is very low anyway). I can accept Visa, MC, AMEX, and Discover. Anybody wishing to make their donation by credit card please IM or email me your phone number and best time to call. It takes less then 2 minutes of ones time if one wishes to donate using a credit card.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:52:11 AM EDT
[#33]
I've got a huge blue tarp, could we use it on the firing line to make brass pick up easier or would the hot cases stick/ melt to it? It's the biggest one Home Depot sells.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:10:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I've got a huge blue tarp, could we use it on the firing line to make brass pick up easier or would the hot cases stick/ melt to it? It's the biggest one Home Depot sells.
View Quote

That's fine with me. The shoot is for y'all, I'll mostly be spectating. If y'all wanna pick up brass you can do that however you want to.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:21:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:22:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Won't be bringing the tarp.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:24:29 PM EDT
[#37]
I don't need all of my brass back, but I would like 9MM and 556 that I shoot. My 7.62 is all steel case.

I think a canvas tarp is what we need if we don't have brass catchers on our firearms.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:35:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:37:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I don't need all of my brass back, but I would like 9MM and 556 that I shoot. My 7.62 is all steel case.

I think a canvas tarp is what we need if we don't have brass catchers on our firearms.
View Quote

I have a few brass catchers, even if your running a belt you should be able to just unzip the bottom and the brass flow straight down into one spot/bucket, etc.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:22:26 PM EDT
[#40]
I'll bring some empty ammo cans, buy some ammo cans at the swap meet, and bring one Homer Bucket for belt feeds to dump into.  

I am an avid reloader but am short on 9MM brass as well as 556 to make 300BLK out of.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:47:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

$75.00 donated via Paypal...
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:28:34 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm in for Friday night/Sat/ and more, and will throw in a $20 when I get there. Driving the FJ60 and sleeping in the back. Bringing camera, suppressed Ruger 22/45, suppressed Block II clone, and DPMS G2 with FLIR RS64-35 (my pig rifle).

Weather forecast is t'storms/rain Friday, but Sat and Sun are looking awesome.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 4:51:50 PM EDT
[#43]
I was on the original list and I will be there Saturday morning and leave Saturday night. I will have money for food with me. I apologize but I don't use Pay Pal. Wes
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:09:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

thank you Joe, for using your gay pal for the Augusta area crew
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:30:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:05:35 PM EDT
[#46]
The good idea club (wife) has come up with some weekend activities for me. I will still probably make for some time on Sat, but I wont be staying the night. Mostly, I'll be coming to introduce myself. Mostly...
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:05:35 PM EDT
[#47]
We have received 17 donations covering 27 attendees for a total of $427.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:29:43 PM EDT
[#48]
I'd more work at the range, again, no MFF
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:38:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I did more work at the range, again, no MFF
View Quote

Fixed it for you.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:49:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ive had brass stick to tarps.  but it does make it pick up so much easier
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top