User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 17
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 7:29:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Good times. Thanks for the hospitality.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:01:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks to everyone who came. It's been fun. For those still here it's social time now.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:49:38 PM EDT
[#3]
If you didn't come.........you missed one hell of a shoot and good time......and AWESOME BBQ.......
Southeren Cross and the organizers did one hell of a job........and I really enjoyed the campfire.........
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:04:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Had a great time today. Got a few good videos that I will post tomorrow.

Automated magazine loaders:

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:10:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the great time. First time I have shot that much I'm months. I really enjoyed myself. Thanks again !
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:38:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:48:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Had a great time.  Got there at 11AM just in time to see the car catch fire.  Thanks to southerncross and mrs. southerncross for opening their home and property to us.  Thanks to all those who cooked and made desserts etc. The BBQ dinner was top notch!  If anyone had a bad time, it was their own fault.  Nice to meet you all.  Thanks to those who allowed me to play with their NFA items.  Looking forward to many more of these events.

Tim
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:59:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:35:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Just wanted to say thanks again to everyone who helped get this together.  I had a blast and am looking forward to next year already.  I will even bring a couple fire extinguishers next year.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:47:00 PM EDT
[#10]
big time thanks to our host, i really enjoyed seeing everyone again, and meeting new folks. good food and great range time. we really do have a great HTF bunch
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 11:10:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
big time thanks to our host, i really enjoyed seeing everyone again, and meeting new folks. good food and great range time. we really do have a great HTF bunch
View Quote

What a damn good bunch of folks! We are lucky to have such a great HTF!
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 11:13:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Had a great time today. Got a few good videos that I will post tomorrow.

http://www.yourcoworker.com/ar15/YourCoWorker.JPG

Automated magazine loaders:

http://www.yourcoworker.com/ar15/kidsloading.jpg
View Quote

I really enjoyed rocking your M11! Thanks! It was the high point of my trip... :-)
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 11:35:09 PM EDT
[#13]
I had a great time.  Thanks to all who contributed.  Great food and fun on the range.  

I got a kick out of the kids.  They provided a lot of entertainment for me.  I enjoyed seeing them make their linked bracelets!  I gave them each a box of 9mm ammo, so dad (YourCoWorker) has to take them shooting again.  (To clarify... I gave the ammo to dad and told him it was for his kids... I'm not giving ammo to kids w'o parents knowing)

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:02:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Thanks again to all you guys who contributed and showed. You folks are the reason we did the event in the first place.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:36:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm finishing the snickerdoodles and chocolate chip cookies. I'll be there sometime after 1600.
View Quote

I'm already pissed that I won't have met ya' along with many more.

It's been a very long night, day and evening:

1)  My middle baby, 24 and recently moved on campus, had a robbery at her place of employment last night.
It happened @ the same time the store closes and the contract floor crew comes in @ 2am.

2)  She shows up at my door 4:30am stressed out and needing a beer or two.  She likes my
New Belgium Fat Tire.    

3)  I iimmediately become Cook for all females in the house...

4)  The Man shows up at the house to clarify statements and ask who/whom I was.  "I'm Dad, sir."  

I did not bring up the topic of

"Where was the G19 that I bought you, taught you and hundreds of rounds of CorBon DPX?  Hell, girl, at your age,
I was already a Cpl. awaiting Sgt. and helped take out three (3) Ruskies {'79} when the embassy was taken over!!!"
Later, during that same life on this earth ['85-'86]

TL/DR:  As FT308W would say, "Dave, you've got to get the drama out of your life."

I understand what FT308W said, BUTT!!! I have three (3) daughters, a wife and a Dad that will be 95yrs old this 18OCT14.

Jason,  let me know a good time for a hook-up.  Sorry.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:48:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Had a good time and met some really great people, I'm just sorry I couldn't stay as long, I had a few issues at home I had to tend to. Next time I'm hoping to camp out with the wife. Thanks again to southerncross for making it happen.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 8:43:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Had a blast. Thanks again for putting it on. A lot of work was done, it's definitely appreciated. Plus met some cool people from the HTF.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 8:49:31 AM EDT
[#18]
i just wanted touch on the fact that all the kids there were very behaved and were safe. kudos to the parents on this
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:02:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Thanks again for the ammo. Kids were so wore out they fell asleep on the way home.

Quoted:
I had a great time.  Thanks to all who contributed.  Great food and fun on the range.  

I got a kick out of the kids.  They provided a lot of entertainment for me.  I enjoyed seeing them make their linked bracelets!  I gave them each a box of 9mm ammo, so dad (YourCoWorker) has to take them shooting again.  (To clarify... I gave the ammo to dad and told him it was for his kids... I'm not giving ammo to kids w'o parents knowing)

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:25:58 AM EDT
[#20]
YourCoWorker w/M16 lower (not mine), Colt 6945 10.5" upper, AAC M4-2000 silencer. I use a Gasbuster charging handle, but still had a lot of blowback.

Double barrel potato gun behind me.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:15:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I use a Gasbuster charging handle, but still had a lot of blowback.
View Quote

Ah ha! An excuse to buy an adjustable gas block!

Like everyone else, I had a great time.  I'm not good at keeping screen names straight with RL names, but I still recognized faces.  

Next time I hope to be able to camp.  I'll wager that was the best social time.

-bob
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:17:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Damnit. This is what happens when you take a few years off ARFcom. You miss all the good stuff!!!

I'm glad everyone had a good time!!

Anyway, I'm back (not that anyone cares) and would love to start making some of these group shoots again.

Maybe next time!
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:02:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
YourCoWorker w/M16 lower (not mine), Colt 6945 10.5" upper, AAC M4-2000 silencer. I use a Gasbuster charging handle, but still had a lot of blowback.

http://youtu.be/hiZkLdqiR7w
View Quote

Who is the girl shooting the potato gun? Looks like she was having great fun.
Yeah, you looked like you were having fun also shooting the M16, but she is more pleasant on the eyes. Lol
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:40:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:57:05 PM EDT
[#25]
SO of a memeber. They can comment if they want to. I saw at least 4 wives/girlfriends at the shoot.

Here is Mrs. YourCoWorker running the M-11/9 w/carbine upper. 1,200 RPM. 30 rounds in 2 seconds so about $4.50 per second which is her average anyway. Just kidding.

Quoted:

Yeah, you looked like you were having fun also shooting the M16, but she is more pleasant on the eyes. Lol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/hiZkLdqiR7w

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:20:47 PM EDT
[#26]
I would like to thank the organizers of the event, the RSO's and CPL for cooking.  It was great to meet so many good people!  I'd also like to thank the gentleman with the 9mm M16 and yourcoworker for letting me put some rounds through your subguns!

Also, shout out to the Half Fawn Ranch Volunteer Fire Dept
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:23:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Speaking of the fire.

The wisdom of the masses. Witness many of us try to 'shoot the fire out'. LOL. Ended up with a bucket brigade and shovel brigade:

Quoted:
Had a great time.  Got there at 11AM just in time to see the car catch fire.  Thanks to southerncross and mrs. southerncross for opening their home and property to us.  Thanks to all those who cooked and made desserts etc. The BBQ dinner was top notch!  If anyone had a bad time, it was their own fault.  Nice to meet you all.  Thanks to those who allowed me to play with their NFA items.  Looking forward to many more of these events.

Tim
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:30:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Speaking of the fire.

The wisdom of the masses. Witness many of us try to 'shoot the fire out'. LOL. Ended up with a bucket brigade and shovel brigade:

http://youtu.be/_nQ1ELoAZus

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Speaking of the fire.

Quoted:

Tim

@ 3.57  

I'm surprised no one tried to throw a small box of tannerite on it
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:33:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Thanks to all of you for an enjoyable time!
2tom2 JR. had a blast as did I. It was GREAT to put faces with names.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:35:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

@ 3.57  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Speaking of the fire.

Quoted:

Tim

@ 3.57  

That might have worked...
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:38:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Well fuck, I'm glad that's over. Friday afternoon show time, set up and start drinking. Hit the rack around 0245 and up at seven to start cooking. Met way too many great people and had way too much fun. If you wernt there ( and even if you were) it's hard to imagine the various assortment of damn near every weapon platform out there was represented.  Start prepping at 1700 and chopping pork. Set the spread out and fed the masses at 1800. I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did. Everyone tripping over each other wanting to help. Set around socializing til 2330 last night and up this morning for the quick pack up/pick up. Place was pretty much spotless from what I saw. Thanks to everyone that was there and thanks to half fawn ranch for hosting. Let's do it again, just not in the next couple of weeks. My trigger finger and my liver need some time to recoup.

Jason
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:41:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Well fuck, I'm glad that's over. Friday afternoon show time, set up and start drinking. Hit the rack around 0245 and up at seven to start cooking. Met way too many great people and had way too much fun. If you wernt there ( and even if you were) it's hard to imagine the various assortment of damn near every weapon platform out there was represented.  Start prepping at 1700 and chopping pork. Set the spread out and fed the masses at 1800. I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did. Everyone tripping over each other wanting to help. Set around socializing til 2330 last night and up this morning for the quick pack up/pick up. Place was pretty much spotless from what I saw. Thanks to everyone that was there and thanks to half fawn ranch for hosting. Let's do it again, just not in the next couple of weeks. My trigger finger and my liver need some time to recoup.

Jason
View Quote

That was some hellacious grub! Thank you again!
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:44:27 PM EDT
[#33]
My thanks to SouthernCross and Mrs. SouthernCross for your wonderful hospitality. It was a great time and lots of shooting and spectating fun.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:54:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Huge thanks to Southerncross and his missus for hosting our motley assortment of vagabonds!

And thanks be to the BBQ master. And to the lovely gentlemen that were willing to share their toys and ammo with me.

The imp and I had a great time. Ytka was really disappointed to miss out on everything.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 2:01:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Huge thanks to Southerncross and his missus for hosting our motley assortment of vagabonds!

And thanks be to the BBQ master. And to the lovely gentlemen that were willing to share their toys and ammo with me.

The imp and I had a great time. Ytka was really disappointed to miss out on everything.
View Quote

I'm still craving some of those cookies that had the pecans on top of them! muhaha
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 2:31:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I'm still craving some of those cookies that had the pecans on top of them! muhaha
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have some.  And snicker doodles
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 2:32:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Good to see you all. Had a blast. The GAHTF is a great group. Appreciate the hospitality.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 2:56:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Shot less than 20 rds, but I still made the video!!!  Whoo Hoo!
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 3:14:47 PM EDT
[#39]
We appreciate all the thank yous. I must say you all are a great bunch of folks and we were thrilled at the turnout.

I'd like to take the time to thank each and every one of you for making the drive to hang with us. It was an honor to host and we will do this again next fall. You all are the reason it went so well; I just provided the range. You guys really came through with the donations and we will make an account of all we received and where it went in the next few days.

A very big thank you to:

Cpl0313 for cooking such an awesome supper for us, Jonnypantz for helping with literally everything, Makeitflyfast for helping organize, RamblinWreck for being a fantastic RSO, Naamah for making treats for us, MadMachinist for bringing the pistol caliber toys, and everyone who was gracious enough to bring NFA toys for us to play with.

I know a lot of new faces but it was hard for me to remember all the names/screen names for the people who made it, which was a lot. I believe we had over 40 at one point on the range by my count. I never got an exact number but I'd confidently guess it was 45 give or take.

Now for the account of our two dramatic moments:

The fire was unexpected but in my defense I've never had a beltfed Russian crew served weapon on my firing line. That was wild. All you guys who pitched in to put it out, clear brush, bucket brigade, etc are awesome and I really appreciate it. Thanks to JP and GaHunter95 for leading the way. We took a bad situation and turned it into a 15 minute inconvenience. It did make for good video and conversation though. No one can say we didn't provide some excitement.

I was actually relieved the Sherrif's Deputies showed up. I spent most of the day wondering when they'd arrive in fact. Apparently I have a new neighbor down the road about a half mile who doesn't understand that Monroe County is home to a lot of shooters, including the police.  There are no noise ordinances and we did nothing illegal, obviously. The first deputy actually apologized to me for taking me away from range time.  As he left he told me that he was basically gonna go let the guy know he had to learn to deal with it.

Thanks again guys. We'll see y'all next year.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 3:28:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Jason
View Quote

Thanks for the cooking the food !!!!! Ya done well!!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 4:10:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Since I'm not the only one who has trouble matching faces with screen names, I changed my avatar to help others remember me.  

-bob

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 4:25:25 PM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 4:29:24 PM EDT
[#43]
I wanted to thank SC and his wife for having the HTF get together on your land (The Half Fawn Ranch.) Your piece of Monroe county is very nice and peaceful. Thanks to CPL and his wife for cooking the Bar-B-Q it is was great and thanks to all the other people who cooked and brought food. I had a great time even if the first deputy accused me of being a Sentry and warning everybody that the PO-PO was there. He later said he was sorry and realized I was just standing at my truck loading magazines. I just happened to be at the entrance to Half Fawn Ranch. The two deputies turned out the be great guys once they realized we weren't out to rule the world. Thanks for everybody sharing their weapons especially the fully automatic toys and the pistol caliber AR's. What a beautiful day and a great time. Wes
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 4:55:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Since I'm not the only one who has trouble matching faces with screen names, I changed my avatar to help others remember me.  

-bob

View Quote

I can keep your name and screen name matched up!  

Name tags... We should have had name tags!  

I met some people with real names and never got their screen name.  I have a terrible time remembering faces and names.  Other people have an incredible memory... I bought an AK from someone a few years ago... he picked me out right away.  lol  

I don't think Dawggs4 made it out either.  There were people all over the place, so it was hard to get a head count or do roll call.  

My Garand is clean and put away.  The SG43 is in pieces.  22 and the 50 were never shot, so those were easy to put away.  LAR-47, AR, and M-11 to go yet.  AK-47 was still sitting here in the safe and the pound of smoked gouda was still in the fridge.   Doh!  I knew I was forgetting something when I left home.

Thanks again!  I wonder if your liberal neighbor has called a realtor yet?
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 5:25:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I met some people with real names and never got their screen name.  I have a terrible time remembering faces and names.  Other people have an incredible memory... I bought an AK from someone a few years ago... he picked me out right away.  lol  

I don't think Dawggs4 made it out either.  There were people all over the place, so it was hard to get a head count or do roll call.  

My Garand is clean and put away.  The SG43 is in pieces.  22 and the 50 were never shot, so those were easy to put away.  LAR-47, AR, and M-11 to go yet.  AK-47 was still sitting here in the safe and the pound of smoked gouda was still in the fridge.   Doh!  I knew I was forgetting something when I left home.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

-bob

I'm not sure if he's called a realtor but I bet he's real upset the cops told him to stuff it. He actually told the police officer he was going to get an attorney involved if they didn't shut us down, to which the officer replied "good luck with that".

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 5:27:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 5:57:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

-bob

View Quote

Who forgets the guy with the suppressed SMG 9mm?

Thanks for coming Bob. It was a pleasure to have you.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 6:13:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

-bob

View Quote

Nice!!!!.....My son, while looking at a video I took of him shooting your rifle says to me....Dad, that dude kinda looks like charlie brown
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:50:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Nice!!!!.....My son, while looking at a video I took of him shooting your rifle says to me....Dad, that dude kinda looks like charlie brown
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

-bob

Yeah, Bob had the perfect shirt on

I'm not opposed to name tags for next year. . . and yes we're already planning for next year.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 8:12:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I'm not opposed to name tags for next year. . . and yes we're already planning for next year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-bob

several years back we did a htf shoot and I made nametags for everybody. Real name and user name. worked out really great.
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top