Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2012 8:52:47 AM EDT
I don't make a dime of these, just trying to help out a great guy and a great cause.  In order to get the special deals, tell him that Shep (cmshoot) from Sniper's Paradise sent you.

These are great targets, very high quality, and they'll last ya a long time.  I'm getting at least 15 more, trying to swing about 25.

Anyways, I'll shut my trap, here's the ad:  

The time has come for JC Steel Target's Holiday Premium AR500 Steel Target deals. We have had many people tell us they wanted another one around the holidays, so here it is. Enjoy!!!

These prices are awesome! The price of premium steel is climbing like everything else, so get in on this and save some serious cash.

Before we begin, we would once again like to thank everyone for all the support. If you do not know what we are all about here on Jubilee Youth Ranch, please visit JC Steel Targets or JY Ranch for more info. Our proceeds go back to Jubilee Youth Ranch, so not only do you get an extremely high quality product, but you help support at-risk youth here on Jubilee Youth Ranch. And our students gain many skills needed from every plate that is sold. Design skills, packing skills, welding skills, invoicing skills, label/shipping skills, and the overall business skills this creates. Again Thanks!!

We are only going to offer a select number of products for this deal, BUT, we have a couple NEW products you guys are going to love! By only having a few products in this deal, It will make it much more managable, and you will be able to get your products in a very timely manner.

Here is how the deal works-

We will run it until December 10th at 10PM PST. Then it will close, and no more orders will be taken.

I will let you know how to make the payment and what steps to follow when your ready to put your order in.  You can email me at [email protected]. We are going to try and ship starting from the orders we receive first. So if you get your order in towards the start, you will be the first to get delivery of your targets. Obviously dependent on what supplies we have on hand. OUR GOAL is to have your targets to you to open up by Christmas time.

After December 10th, I will close this deal, our students will take the time order all the plate, pack the steel, tape the boxes, print the labels, and everything else involved to make sure you get your plates in a timely manner. We can not guarantee a delivery date, but we are aiming at having everything shipped out the week before Christmas. Again, not a guarantee, just a hopeful guess. We will do our best to make that happen.

Here are the targets we are very proud to offer for this deal.

---3"x5" Diamond 3/8" Premium AR500-One 1/2" hole. 3.5LBS- $6 each

---5" Round 3/8" Premium AR500- One 1/2" hole. 4.5LBS- $10 each

---8" Round 1/2" Premium AR500- Two 1/2" Holes. 7.5LBS- $20 each

---12" Square 3/8" Premium AR500- Two 1/2" Holes. 16.5LBS- $35 each

---45% IPSC 3/8" Premium AR500, ~13.5" Tall x 8.25" Wide. Two 1/2" Holes. 13LBS- $35 each

All of these above targets will be a part of our flat rate shipping described below.

---Products with free shipping or package deals---

---Package of 3--66% IPSC 3/8" Premium AR500, ~19" Tall x 12" Wide. Two 1/2" Holes. All three for $180 with free shipping. That is $60 each shipped!! Super Deal for you guys.

---Package of 2--Mini Coyote Target 3/8" Premium AR500, 24" Long x 12" Tall. Two 1/2" Holes. Two for $150 with free shipping.

---NEW Premium AR500 Spring back pepper popper/rock chuck popper/classic popper. $90 for any design with free shipping, or two complete set ups for $170 with free shipping. That is a screamin deal!! Our students make these from start to finish, and they are very high quality.

The springback targets have the following dimensions.

Pepper popper- 15 inches tall by 4 inches wide
Rock Chuck- 15 inches tall by 4.5 inches wide
NEW- Classic popper- 14 inches tall by 6 inch on the round.

AND our newest creation that you will really like!!

-Our 66% IPSC torso hostage flapper. This is an awesome target. And will come ready to rock and roll. The deal price is $152 with free shipping!

Target includes everything!
-66% IPSC target 3/8" Premium AR500
-6" round flapper, this is a 1/2" thick flapper for rifle grade durabilty.
-Also comes complete with our T-Post bracket. Will come bolted on and ready to go.

These 4 above targets are shipped prices. If you would like to get any other plates from the flat rate shipping group buy list, you will need to pay the flat rate shipping charge. Thank you for understanding.

These are the only targets we are going on include on this deal. So please dont ask about others. Targets will come unpanited. If you need something else, it will have to be ordered away from this deal.

We carry a few different T POST brackets, Rebar stands and such, that can be bought, but it will not be part of this deal. Please contact us for more information about our target hanging methods and equipment or visit our website.

Shipping/handling charges-

All shipping/handling charges, unless otherwise noted, will be a flat fee of $18. This will cover you for up to 70LBs of Premium AR500. I have added all the weights to make it easy for you to calculate your shipping total before you make an order.

For your $18 you will get full value insurance, delivery confirmation, and USPS priority 2-3 day shipping.

Payment-

For this deal we will accept USPS money orders or paypal plus 4 percent. Or cash of course!

Steel shooting recommendations-

I recommend you shoot your Premium AR500 steel at 100 yards min. distance with 308 variety rounds and 200 yards min. distance with 300 mag variety rounds. If you do this your steel should last a very long time.

Link Posted: 11/28/2012 1:24:44 PM EDT
[#1]

I bought a bunch of steel from this vendor and it is good stuff.

I may have to get some of the 12" squares, as everyone complains about the 10" ones at 100 yards.
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 1:31:16 PM EDT
[#2]
What thicknesses are unnecessary for .223 and 7.62x39? Would 3/8 be enough? I would think so but it doesn't hurt to ask
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 2:33:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for posting.  I need some more steel and brackets for some I previously bought at big dog steel.

How are you all mounting your targets?

Just emailed JC for pricing on the conveyor and rebar mounting kit he has a pic of on the website.

Pic fail.  I can't get the img code for some reason.  Pic is easy to find though.  Just a pick of conveyor and 2 brackets to make a stand.

Link Posted: 11/28/2012 2:40:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I have some pieces from JC Steel and it is good stuff.
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 3:16:11 PM EDT
[#5]
3/8" of AR500 steel is plenty strong enough for .223, 7.62x39mm and .308, and a bunch o' harder hitting calibers than those. I've banged away at one of mine at 50yds with a 190grn .300 WinMag.

Personally, on targets with the 2 holes in the shoulders like these, I bend a long piece of rebar into a staple shape, put a set of Grade 8 bolts/nuts/lock washers into each shoulder, run a length of small chain from each should to the rebar and let em hang. All ya gotta do is shove the rebar into the ground and you're in business. Rebar is cheap and easy to use. When a piece gets shot up, I always carry spares and it's quick n easy to swap out. I use a couple of clamps to keep the chains in place on the rebar.
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 5:14:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
3/8" of AR500 steel is plenty strong enough for .223, 7.62x39mm and .308, and a bunch o' harder hitting calibers than those. I've banged away at one of mine at 50yds with a 190grn .300 WinMag.

Personally, on targets with the 2 holes in the shoulders like these, I bend a long piece of rebar into a staple shape, put a set of Grade 8 bolts/nuts/lock washers into each shoulder, run a length of small chain from each should to the rebar and let em hang. All ya gotta do is shove the rebar into the ground and you're in business. Rebar is cheap and easy to use. When a piece gets shot up, I always carry spares and it's quick n easy to swap out. I use a couple of clamps to keep the chains in place on the rebar.

My mental picture here is of a Hulked-out Shep bare-handedly bending rebar into staples.  
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 5:33:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I wish!  I gots me a rebar bender!
Link Posted: 12/1/2012 7:16:04 PM EDT
[#8]
9 days left on the deal.
Link Posted: 12/3/2012 2:50:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

can you post pics of your setup.  sounds interesting
Link Posted: 12/3/2012 8:27:19 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll get some pics up as soon as I can.  I don't have those particular steel setups stored at my house.  

Hell, I need to make a few more.  I might run up to Ace tomorrow, buy the parts I need, and throw one together tomorrow for pics.
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 6:35:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Where is this place out of? is it in GA? I need some but shipping is killer and I can't afford to order a whole 4x8 sheet and have it water cut right now.
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 7:14:02 AM EDT
[#12]
If you read the ad I posted you'll see that some packages are shipping included and they quote a flat rate for shipping on the rest of the items. Very reasonable.
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 8:44:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Not to be disagreeable, but for large targets I have found this not to be the case.  i.e. full size poppers in 3/8" AR500 will start to bend under repeated shooting.  No big deal if they are reversible.

For the size of the targets here, it is generally not an issue.  But I now prefer to buy 1/2" AR500 when possible.
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 11:31:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Mine are hanging from a chain, which allows the targets to move freely with the strike of the round, which greatly adds to the life of the target.  I could see that if you were to bolt them solidly that they might bend over a period of time under very heavy use.

So far, everything from .22LR up to .300WinMag, as close as 50yds on centerfires, over a period of several years, absolutely no bending.  Still as flat as they were when I received 'em.
Link Posted: 12/5/2012 8:02:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Mine are hanging from a chain, which allows the targets to move freely with the strike of the round, which greatly adds to the life of the target.  I could see that if you were to bolt them solidly that they might bend over a period of time under very heavy use.

So far, everything from .22LR up to .300WinMag, as close as 50yds on centerfires, over a period of several years, absolutely no bending.  Still as flat as they were when I received 'em.

Rigidity certainly plays into this.  But as a big fan of using hammers I can tell you no matter how strong the metal is, it is being deformed by repeated blows.  As the metal pits, and it is, even if only slightly, that metal that moves makes that face larger, causing the bend.  if you continuously flip the targets they will last a lot longer.
Link Posted: 12/5/2012 10:36:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Flip mine all the time. Another good thing about having them on chains.

I've got some pivoting steels that are on a flat base. I've had them for at least 6 years and they were used when I got them. Can't flip them, but they're still unbent and flat as a board.  They were made by LV Steel and are the targets I use in my Basic classes, so they have seen heavy, heavy use over the years.
Link Posted: 12/6/2012 6:20:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Another questiOn of this company is local, pickup would be nice...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/6/2012 6:28:59 PM EDT
[#18]
If ya go to the link I provided for their website, it shows their contact info as 207 Community Dr. Prescott, WA 99348| 509-280-1509

They are only charging a flat rate of $18 for 70lbs of steel..........that's super cheap.
Link Posted: 12/6/2012 6:50:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks for the info. I ordered some of the spring back poppers.
Nothing better than helping out and getting a good deal at the same time!!
Link Posted: 12/10/2012 6:05:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Deal ends tonight!
Link Posted: 12/10/2012 8:40:54 PM EDT
[#21]
I was at work to late tonight and missed it . Whatever, I'll get an M44 now
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 9:24:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Got my targets a while ago. High quality stuff, I'll be using them in upcoming classes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top