Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2012 3:03:22 AM EDT
Here are coupons I got out of one of my offroad magazines and they don't expire until July.  I've used the winch a couple times and its gotten me out of a tight spot and worked great.  I paid $369 and used a 20% off coupon when I bought mine so this is a lot cheaper.  Anyhow, the HF winch is the exact same winch as Smitty bilts 10,000 lb X20 model. Both have the same HP motor, both are water proof to high pressure spray and both have the same gear ratio.  I don't know why HF calls theirs a 9k lb model while Smitty says theirs is a 10k lb model.  If you need a 20% off coupon well here is that as well including the rest of the ad.  enjoy.  Oh, I almost forgot, shipping to my house for the 85lb winch was like $13.  I'd spend that on gas driving to Macon from Mcdonough.

Link Posted: 5/3/2012 6:42:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Check here for up to date Harbor Freight coupons, ect...

I occasionally need to buy a specific cheap tool for one time use, and some of their tools like impact sockets are decent for repeated home use.

http://slickdeals.net/f/1276399-Harbor-Freight-Coupon-Thread
Link Posted: 5/3/2012 9:38:07 AM EDT
[#2]
It seems like a couple of commonly borrowed items at work are a HF tile saw and a pneumatic HF finish nailer.   I love my HF 9x20 lathe, mill drill, and tig welder.  I also like my silicon carbide grider, my horizontal saw, and digital caliper.  They were all I could afford when I bought them and they have served me well.  I have seen people argue over the sanity of buying a HF winch, but I see no reason to put a $1000 winch on my Jeep I will only use once every 2-5 years.  Some of their other stuff is just crap of course.
Link Posted: 5/3/2012 4:04:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Your wallet is probably going to hate me....but they have a harbor freight in Fayetteville now
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 1:18:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It seems like a couple of commonly borrowed items at work are a HF tile saw and a pneumatic HF finish nailer.   I love my HF 9x20 lathe, mill drill, and tig welder.  I also like my silicon carbide grider, my horizontal saw, and digital caliper.  They were all I could afford when I bought them and they have served me well.  I have seen people argue over the sanity of buying a HF winch, but I see no reason to put a $1000 winch on my Jeep I will only use once every 2-5 years.  Some of their other stuff is just crap of course.

Hope my comment above wasn't taken wrong.  

As to Harbor Freight, it depends on the item.  Some of their stuff is good (Pittsburg brand, ect...), some is pure crap, and the majority of it is decent for the one-time or occasional use.  

I'm going to be purchasing a tile saw from them soon, since I'm going to tile our kitchen.  Buying the tile saw allows me to work at my own pace, and do a better job than paying someone else to do the job (done it before several times with rented or borrowed tools).  Rent a tile saw for 2-3 days and you might as well have bought one.  

Harbor Freight is perfect for the occasional or one time use, except I still will keep my Makita, and Bosch power tools that are heavily used, or powermatic, grizzly, jet, ect... woodworking tools for stuff that needs to be very precise.

Anyway, hope the coupon link is helpful. :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top