Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2012 7:53:46 PM EDT
From what I understand from my brother-in-law and several other people that were next door at McCray's Tavern, some guy went into Bullseye, rented a gun, hearing protection & eye protection but purchased no targets, walked into the range area and shot himself in the head.

Anyone know about this?
Link Posted: 2/25/2012 8:14:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Ummmm I was just  there....my receipt says 9:09 when I paid and left. Hope no one did, thats some scary shit.
Link Posted: 2/25/2012 8:22:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn hope thats not true

Link Posted: 2/25/2012 8:26:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Ummmm I was just  there....my receipt says 9:09 when I paid and left. Hope no one did, thats some scary shit.

Happened about 5:00 pm. I think his car got towed from the parking lot out back around 8:00 pm or so.

Link Posted: 2/25/2012 8:41:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Well if someone did, then they were operational again by 8ish.
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 2:50:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Ugh... Glad I haven't been going there to shoot much lately. I feel bad for the other people on the range if there were any.
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 5:00:54 AM EDT
[#6]
lots of cops out front,around 7-ish.

clown
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 5:20:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
lots of cops out front,around 7-ish.

clown

I wonder why "lots of cops" would be required to investigate a suicide?  

Link Posted: 2/26/2012 5:47:05 AM EDT
[#8]
I love it how they make someone else clean up their mess.
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 6:20:50 AM EDT
[#9]
YIKES!
I have heard of this happening at other ranges and one of the reasons they have RSOs employed by most.
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 6:32:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
YIKES!
I have heard of this happening at other ranges and one of the reasons they have RSOs employed by most.

Honestly what could an RSO have done? Just tell the cops" yep he blew his head off".

Anytime this crap happens, I get scared because in Kali, you cannot rent a gun if you are alone, only in groups of two or more.

Link Posted: 2/26/2012 6:40:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
hearing protection & eye protection

Link Posted: 2/26/2012 7:46:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
YIKES!

Honestly what could an RSO have done? Just tell the cops" yep he blew his head off".

Anytime this crap happens, I get scared because in Kali, you cannot rent a gun if you are alone, only in groups of two or more.

Where I used to work, we discussed these situations in some meetings and the RSOs looked for that.

Link Posted: 2/26/2012 8:33:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
YIKES!

Where I used to work, we discussed these situations in some meetings and the RSOs looked for that.

Eds aka Nicks on E Piedmont has had several of these situations occur. A good RSO is worth their weight in gold, but if a person is determined to harm themselves theres nothing that can be done to prevent it.

A good counter person could also be a great pre screening point, unfortunately though most ranges are so damn busy it "ID, CC, Do you need ammo, Here ya go youre on Lane 12, thanks."

Another thing to think about is if you recognize this is about to occur and you "engage" this person whether it be in conversation/negotiating or by other methods you have just possibly created a much more significant issue. Fine line of liability for all involved.

PS. Its 1146 and youre posting on ARF, dont you have other things that take precendence? Hmmmmmmm.......

Link Posted: 2/26/2012 8:41:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
YIKES!

Eds aka Nicks on E Piedmont has had several of these situations occur. A good RSO is worth their weight in gold, but if a person is determined to harm themselves theres nothing that can be done to prevent it.

A good counter person could also be a great pre screening point, unfortunately though most ranges are so damn busy it "ID, CC, Do you need ammo, Here ya go youre on Lane 12, thanks."

Another thing to think about is if you recognize this is about to occur and you "engage" this person whether it be in conversation/negotiating or by other methods you have just possibly created a much more significant issue. Fine line of liability for all involved.

PS. Its 1146 and youre posting on ARF, dont you have other things that take precendence? Hmmmmmmm.......

10-76
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 10:48:44 AM EDT
[#15]
It's not the first time it's happened at Bullseye, and it won't be the last.
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 12:21:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Very sad.  But damn it, can these people do this stuff some place else.   This type of stuff brings negative publicity, when we certainly don't need anymore.
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 12:34:31 PM EDT
[#17]
I was there and it was not a pretty site. I feel bad for the employees at Bullseye because it was chaos when it happened. The guy looked like he was mid 20's from what I could tell. Thank god there were no kids in there at the time. What a selfish act and traumatic for everybody who had to see it. It's stuck in my head and I went out drinking last night to forget. Drinking didn't help at all. Had bad dreams all night.

I feel for his family, friends, employees of Bullseye and for everybody in the range that witnessed it. I'm sure it screwed with people's head, it has mine.
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 1:03:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I was there and it was not a pretty site. I feel bad for the employees at Bullseye because it was chaos when it happened. The guy looked like he was mid 20's from what I could tell. Thank god there were no kids in there at the time. What a selfish act and traumatic for everybody who had to see it. It's stuck in my head and I went out drinking last night to forget. Drinking didn't help at all. Had bad dreams all night.

I feel for his family, friends, employees of Bullseye and for everybody in the range that witnessed it. I'm sure it screwed with people's head, it has mine.

That sucks.  You'll never forget what you saw but you'll get over it.  

Link Posted: 2/26/2012 1:11:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Dang man, that's gotta suck.  Good luck in getting over it.  

eta: welcome to the GAHTF

Link Posted: 2/26/2012 1:41:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Talk about a selfish prick, I mean why would you not just buy a gun on a damn credit card and go home and blow your fucking brains out. That is sickening to know that someone would screw up that many peoples head when it could have been done much easier.
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 1:44:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
From what I understand from my brother-in-law and several other people that were next door at McCray's Tavern, some guy went into Bullseye, rented a gun, hearing protection & eye protection but purchased no targets, walked into the range area and shot himself in the head.

Anyone know about this?

I was there too.  He had a target.  He was in there for a long time before it happened, it was very disturbuing to see.  The range was full, one kid in there probably 14 or 15 yrs old with his dad, he was shaken up.

It's so sad to see someone decide they need to do that.  I hope I never see anytihng like that again.
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 3:20:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The range was full, one kid in there probably 14 or 15 yrs old with his dad, he was shaken up.

It's so sad to see someone decide they need to do that.  I hope I never see anytihng like that again.

Oh no! I didn't see the teenager in all the chaos. That's even worse. People poured out of the range so fast, some walking outside in shock and some stayed in the store. They told everybody to grab their license and leave pretty quick too. That poor kid, it wouldn't hurt for him to go talk to a counselor IMO. Sometimes it helps. What a crappy thing to have to go through.

I hope I never see something like that again too. It's scary enough being there not knowing if some idiot might mishandle a gun and accidentally shoot you. Now the whole suicide crap makes it harder to go back. I think I need a break from the range for a while. I might find someone with private land that won't mind if I do some plinking.
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 4:14:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Really sorry you all had to be there for that.  If you can't shake it in a couple weeks, go talk to someone.  It helps, trust me!   There are a lot of people hurting out there, all we can do is be there for each other.  And thank the lord he did not physically hurt anyone else during this situation.  This is why I seldom shoot at a public range, this kind of stuff scares the shit out of me.
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 5:20:42 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Really sorry you all had to be there for that.  If you can't shake it in a couple weeks, go talk to someone.  It helps, trust me!   There are a lot of people hurting out there, all we can do is be there for each other. And thank the lord he did not physically hurt anyone else during this situation.  This is why I seldom shoot at a public range, this kind of stuff scares the shit out of me.

This is one of my big issues with shooting on crowded ranges.  Well, that and getting swept by various muzzles due to casings down shirts.

I hope all involved in this tragedy get through the emotional detriment soon.  

Link Posted: 2/26/2012 5:39:52 PM EDT
[#25]
That is more common at ranges than people realize . Every indoor range should have good video more than RSO's  . An RSO will not be able to catch every person that wants to kill themselves . Might as well have a video evidence,. A range in Columbia SC. has had a couple and one that they thought was a suicide that turned out being an AD with a Desert Eagle
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 5:48:03 PM EDT
[#26]
This is not on any local news.

It's the fourth one that I can remember in the last 10 years.  GA Range and Guns in Forest Park, Hot Shots in Marietta, Pannells in Woodstock and now Bullseye.
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 6:36:50 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

It's the fourth one that I can remember in the last 10 years.  GA Range and Guns in Forest Park, Hot Shots in Marietta, Pannells in Woodstock and now Bullseye.

The Firing Lane in Athens, GA

You can still see the blood stains on the floor

Link Posted: 2/26/2012 6:52:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:

The Firing Lane in Athens, GA

You can still see the blood stains on the floor

Damn, you'd think they'd do something to get rid of that or cover it up.
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 7:07:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Anyone who was there at the time should probably schedule some time with a therapist who specializes in traumatic situations (one who works with the police is a good choice), I can say from experience that being involved in such a situation can result in low levels of PTSD which CAN cause a person problems if they're not careful.
Link Posted: 2/26/2012 7:19:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Anyone who was there at the time should probably schedule some time with a therapist who specializes in traumatic situations (one who works with the police is a good choice), I can say from experience that being involved in such a situation can result in low levels of PTSD which CAN cause a person problems if they're not careful.

Sometimes its the non-obvious stuff that is easier to shrug off for a while that will drive you through the wall, not a fun place to be. Don't assume that just because you may have reconciled something based on the fact that you understand the PRINCIPLE of what happened that you are then OK with it, those are two different things. It can get tough to ask for help, especially when you're a big tough man who can hack it alone - that's how you know you really need to. It takes a man to lay it on the table and ask for help. It's amazing the range of stuff that can come at you sideways and cause this crud.
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 3:34:41 AM EDT
[#31]
I looked to see if I could find this story online,  guess no media picked it up.  This is probably a good thing, though.
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 4:58:01 AM EDT
[#32]
Young guy. 2 kids.
He was a friend of some friends.
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 8:32:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

And that is a hell of a first post.  Welcome and shit.... That sucks.
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 8:34:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Young guy. 2 kids.

Marital or Financial reasons or both?
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 8:48:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Young guy. 2 kids.

Marital or Financial reasons or both?

He had some heavy stuff on his mind.
Not condoning what he did at all but it was heavy.
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 9:35:31 AM EDT
[#36]
It seems that he was distraught about facing two counts of vehicular manslaughter after a traffic accident. His brakes failed and an elderly couple was killed in the ensuing accident.

I don't know this first hand, but this a what a neighbor of his posted on another forum.
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 10:19:23 PM EDT
[#37]
So sad.

Quoted:

It seems that he was distraught about facing two counts of vehicular manslaughter after a traffic accident. His brakes failed and an elderly couple was killed in the ensuing accident.

I don't know this first hand, but this a what a neighbor of his posted on another forum.

Link Posted: 2/28/2012 8:32:25 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I don't buy a double vehicular manslaughter charge if he had a legitimate non-negligent mechanical brake failure.........Ask the neighbor how strung out on meth he was when his brakes failed.

Link Posted: 2/28/2012 8:45:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/28/2012 9:10:06 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I don't buy a double vehicular manslaughter charge if he had a legitimate non-negligent mechanical brake failure.........Ask the neighbor how strung out on meth he was when his brakes failed.

None.
None what so ever. He was a hardworking father who was involved in a terrible accident.
He should have reached out to his friends and family. He had a lot of people that cared about him.
Link Posted: 2/28/2012 9:35:16 AM EDT
[#41]
Why hasn't this story been in the news?
Link Posted: 2/29/2012 9:51:44 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Young guy. 2 kids.

I just found out who this was. We went to high school together, and shared a bunch of close friends.

Link Posted: 3/1/2012 5:36:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Young guy. 2 kids.
I just found out who this was. We went to high school together, and shared a bunch of close friends.

Then there is a chance you and I have hung out before.
Tragedy all the way around here.  
Top Top