Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2017 5:48:52 PM EDT
I recently moved to Cornelius and now that I'm a month in I can get my CC, so I'm looking at classes.

The Range at Lake Norman is by me, but their classes are $150/person.  I moved from FL where it was pretty consistently 50-80 bucks for the state class, but in FL it just had to have an NRA instructor and check a few boxes and it sounds like the NC classes are a little more structured.  Not sure if that's a fair price or not, I'd drive a bit in the Charlotte/Mecklenburg area if it was a drastically cheaper price.

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 5:52:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I know Point Blank up here in Mooresville has them for $99, so a little cheaper. 
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 7:10:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I know Point Blank up here in Mooresville has them for $99, so a little cheaper. 
View Quote
I moved to the Troutman area and just hit my 30 days as well so I'm signing up for the Saturday July 1st course at Point Blank.  $99 is reasonable for what I've seen in the area.

Let me know if you are interested in meeting up at the class.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 11:47:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Mac Gun Worx in Gastonia does concealed carry classes for $50. They are on Franklin Blvd., so it would be a good drive from Cornelius, probably about 45 mins. but would be worth it to save some money. My wife and a friend took their CHL class there and had nothing bad to say about it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 11:51:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Thin red line is $50 i think. Im not sure if they are still offering it but Denver Defence had a groupon for $79 and a free month of range time
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 5:11:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I only paid 49 bucks south of the triangle area.  Couple in Sanford do the class but they hold it in Siler City.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:36:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I work at Point Blank in Mooresville. class is $99. I took mine there before I worked there. Happy with the class I took. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 2:11:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top