Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2017 2:56:37 PM EDT
I recently shot pistol at Deep River northeast of Sanford and am still recovering.  I banged my head on the 'overhang' so hard I saw stars... then I did it again.  They built it right above my eye level.  I am NEVER going back there to shoot pistol.  First, I am NOT a big fan of those overhangs.  They are meant to keep you from shooting too high, but I literally had to take an awkward shooting stance in order to shoot UNDER the darned things, and I'm only 6'3".  Anybody 5' or thereabouts would have no problem shooting over the berm.

I asked the rangemaster if they had any stalls for tall people and he told me that it was no problem... AS I WAS LOOKING DOWN RANGE!  I mean, tell me it's raining when you're... well you get the reference. Now, he's not as tall as I am, but it was clearly too short.  Anybody else have this problem here or at other ranges.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 5:18:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Where is Deep Creek?  I have never heard of it.  I am familiar with Deep River Sporting clays but not Deep Creek.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 5:43:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Deep River, sorry.  I'll change it in the post.  Maybe I hit my head harder than I thought.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top