Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2017 8:52:54 PM EDT
Looking at taking the wife and kid to Great Wolf Lodge in Charlotte.  Anybody here been?  Worth it or not?  Also what else to do in that area?  Probably be April/May when we come out.
Thanks
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 12:39:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I've taken my family several times (wife and two kids).  Find a discount or coupon code to go, then it will be worth it.  It is absolute fun for all ages and I recommend you try it out.  We always did the hotel/water park combo, but there were people there who stayed at another hotel and just came in for the water park. There's a climate-controlled indoor water park and smaller outdoor park if you want some sunshine. Our rooms were always clean, and the staff was always friendly. The lines for the water slides are long, but they move fast. I have nothing bad to say about the place.

If your kids are little (10 and under), there is a magic wand adventure for them where they basically do a scavenger hunt around the hotel. That will keep them occupied for a few hours. There is also an arcade in the hotel.

My suggestions: don't eat at the hotel restaurant; it is waaay too expensive, and there are plenty of restaurant options in the area.  The mall at Concord Mills is nearby and has other things to do, including a Dave and Busters, Sea life, and a movie theatre. Charlotte Motor Speedway is also on that street, if there is an event there when you are.  But in all honesty, you will probably just spend the entire time in the water parks at Great Wolf.  You'll try every water feature several times.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 8:44:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Hit up discovery place in Charlotte, haven't been in many years but it was phenomenal as a kid.

Concord mills is a large mall, it has a bass pro shop and any other mall outlet you could want.

Check out eagle guns as well if you are out that way. It's about 20 minutes from Concord mills, they sometimes have some good deals. The owner has a nice collection of Colts on display (not for sale though).
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 1:48:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you guys for the replies!
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 3:02:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I worked there years ago while I was in college, it really is a pretty neat place especially for the kiddos. The restaurant food is pricey, so go else where nearby to save a few bucks. Another word of advice, if your kids are small I wouldn't get them the bracelets that are linked to your card information. Some parents trusted their kids with purchases, and others didn't. The biggest pitfall for that is the arcade, it may have changed now but when I was there every single time a kid swiped their bracelet It was 5 bucks worth of tokens. As you can imagine, that adds up quickly and we had more than one parent come back and ask for their child's privilege's to be removed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top