Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2017 11:00:40 PM EDT
Who's got the plug on getting laser engraving work done around the Gastonia/Charlotte area??
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 12:04:52 AM EDT
[#1]
For NFA? Tar Heel State Firearms. They're great. 
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 12:14:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Not NFA, not yet anyways. I'm looking for a shop that can out an EGA on a pistol slide for me
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:56:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I checked on having my sons pistol engraved with an EGA, some won't do them because of the copyright.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 10:48:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Tar heel state may be able to do that still, they can do a lot of graphics engraving. 
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 5:51:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 12:34:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Definitely check with Scott & Teri at THSF.
View Quote

This.  Just went there for the first time on Saturday and they are great people!
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 8:47:19 PM EDT
[#7]
THSF for sure. They'll engrave other things as well. I almost had them do some knives for my wedding, but went with a more local trophy shop. In hindsight, I should've just driven down to THSF, their laser is super nice.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 2:06:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 5:38:59 PM EDT
[#9]
What is the turn around time for the work?
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 6:13:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What is the turn around time for the work?
View Quote

I've always just gone in person, and it takes all of about 10 minutes to do the engraving, and then an hour of playing with the MGs and suppressors 

Ive never mailed anything to them, but I'd think they would turn it around pretty quickly
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 6:21:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I've always just gone in person, and it takes all of about 10 minutes to do the engraving, and then an hour of playing with the MGs and suppressors 

Ive never mailed anything to them, but I'd think they would turn it around pretty quickly
View Quote

If they are open on Saturday I am gonna go by and have my slide done. Can anyone post some pictures of their work? I don't want to see your NFA stuff or trust names but if you've got something that you would be comfortable showing I'd love to see it
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 7:09:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If they are open on Saturday I am gonna go by and have my slide done. Can anyone post some pictures of their work? I don't want to see your NFA stuff or trust names but if you've got something that you would be comfortable showing I'd love to see it
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Email or call them tonight to get an appointment beforehand. I'll add some pics later tonight
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 7:18:41 PM EDT
[#13]
I just realized this place is a residence. I was expecting a store front
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 8:01:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I just realized this place is a residence. I was expecting a store front
View Quote
Yeah, they run it out of their house and garage.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 10:13:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Here's a crappy shot of a Form 1 suppressor they did for me. They engraved it when it was raw titanium, and then I painted over it using durabake. They can customize the size, font, locations, spacing, add graphics, etc etc. 

ETA: While you're there, try to spring my can from jail. Its served an 8 month sentence, time to go free! 

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 8:18:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 8:20:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 8:31:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top