Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2016 3:05:21 PM EDT
The family and I are loading up the camper and heading to Wilmington area (Holly Ridge) on Thursday and staying till Sunday AM.  We plan on seeing the North Carolina at some point, but do not have much planned.  For the locals, what do you recommend?  How about any good, local restaurants and/or brewpubs?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 5:13:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Front St and Water St offers it all.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 7:55:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Downtown and the riverfront are fun and right across the river from the battleship. I'm a beach bum, so i recommend any of the nearby beaches. Post-tourist season and free parking at Wrightsville Beach now. You can rent gear and get a day permit and fish off of the Johnny  Mercer Pier at wrightsville beach, not sure if this is a good time of year to fish there or not? We don't eat out much but have always gotten a good meal at Hops Supply Co. on Oleander Drive. Fort Fisher is not too far down the road. Not sure of their hours this time of year, and the aquarium is there too.

Lots of your typical medium size city food and shopping...

Jungle Rapids has go-karts, lazer tag, video games and that sort of stuff. Too cold for the water park part obviously. Also on oleander, near Hops.

Fermental sells craft beer and all types of domestic and imported beer and wines. They have an outdoor area to sit and often have bands in the evening. Very family oriented.

Check first due to the time of year.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 9:37:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Ogden Tap Room is good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top