Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2016 9:24:57 AM EDT
.mil here.......Started getting into some distance shooting.  Just a noob in the >150 yd scene, still need a lot of training.  Just got a new rifle and I commute to my hometown of Charlotte/Concord area when my weekends are granted.  Hows the distance scene?  Anyone have any locations or ranges to recommend?  Thanks guys!  PM me!
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 9:38:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Tag for answers.

I shot at 600 yards for the first time this past week at a range out of town, and wow that was fun.

The longest range I know of here in our region in NC is 100 yards. Take Aim where we do the hometown shoots in SC is up to 300 yards I think.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 2:20:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Bulls eye in Vale is a decent drive, but they have just about 300 yards worth of range. If you're west of Charlotte, I recommend it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:40:20 AM EDT
[#3]
there is a 1000 yard range out by Fayetteville in Ammon....Recondo Operations Group. He starts you out close and you have to show your ability before you can even try 1000. work your way up 100 yards at a time.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 8:35:49 AM EDT
[#4]
What base are you at OP? I too frequent charlotte when my weekends a lot for it. I went to the foothills public shooting range this past weekend in Cleveland county. it wast bad. they don't have anything past 250 though
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 7:42:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I was out of good ol Jacksonville NC  but now Im out of Charleston.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 10:34:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, if you want to run back up to J'ville.  600-1000 yard matches.  You could walk on and somebody with a spotting scope would help you get on target.

Coastal Carolina Rifle Club link

Also, Butner, NC north of Raleigh

North State Shooting Club link
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top