Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2016 11:29:16 PM EDT
I just PCS'ed from fort lewis to Bragg and was wondering what the local ranges are like and if there are any sporting clay or SASS matches in the area?
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 4:35:01 PM EDT
[#1]

For sporting clays check out Deep River Sporting Clays in Sanford.

Link Posted: 10/11/2016 11:34:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Not sure about sporting clays but brag has a trap and skeet facility open to public and military
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 1:24:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I shot at Braggs clay range almost every weekend when i was in the 82nd 10 years ago..  it is alright and a 5 min drive..  Deep river was always good for a day trip (1 hr or so drive)   for actual sporting clays..  there is a difference !  But being on DRF 1 would make that a no go for the drive
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 1:58:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Welcome to the center of the universe!

Range-wise, alot of guys use Range 37 in Lillington (~40min drive from main post).  There is a POW range on post at McKellar's Lodge, however you must comply with FB PMO policy and register your POWs to bring them on post so that kills it for alot of us.  The one "long range" facility in the area is Recondo Operations Group (search for them on facespace), which is about an hour from post and has steel out to 1K on certain days (usually Saturdays).  

For sporting clays, Deep River has already been mentioned and also Kidd's Place (near Fuquay-Varina) both have decent sporting clays courses.  Ft. Bragg clay target facility did not offer sporting clays last time I checked, however they have a nice skeet/trap facility and you are NOT required to register your POW (shotguns only) to use them there.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 11:16:04 PM EDT
[#5]
PSR 37 is a great range as mentioned by a few others and they do SASS matches.  I have heard decent things about the on post range but they do not offer storage there (the storage may be a mute point for you but was kind of a let down for me).  Both Guns Plus and Jims have ranges if you want an indoor range.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 11:06:36 AM EDT
[#6]
On the East side of I-95 outside Fayetteville is The Range Complex.  Only shot there once and they have several different ranges.

CD
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 9:26:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
On the East side of I-95 outside Fayetteville is The Range Complex.  Only shot there once and they have several different ranges.

CD
View Quote
Are they open again? I remember they shut down few months back for unknown reasons 
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 11:31:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Are they open again? I remember they shut down few months back for unknown reasons 
View Quote

Didn't know they shut down, always away.

CD
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 6:32:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Moore County Wildlife Conservation Club in Vass which is just northwest of post.  It's a club, but you shoot for free and membership dues are reasonable.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 6:37:44 AM EDT
[#10]
How much is it?  I need a 600 yard range.  Just need to fill in my dope card.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 5:21:30 PM EDT
[#11]
The range complex is 25/hr IIRC
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 10:51:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The range complex is 25/hr IIRC
View Quote

... shoulda swallowed my coffee before I read this.  Well, thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 4:09:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Haven't attended one however Old Hickory gun club in Rocky Mount has SASS shoots last I checked, pretty sure they still have trap shooting as well. Also, look into Frontline Defense. Both are gonna be a bit of a haul from Fayetteville though.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 1:25:22 AM EDT
[#14]
+1 for Kidd's place mentioned above.  He does some wicked thrower setups.  If you want to feel good about yourself, stick to Deep River.  The business outing stuff they do generally keeps their birds easier to hit.

Can't recommend a rifle/pistol range.  Too far north as I moved from the 'ville long ago.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 12:43:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Lewis to Bragg is an interesting transition. 37PSR is a good place for pistol stuff. Really no restrictions in the pistol bays. Just be safe. Rifle is limited to 100m, however.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 8:41:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Welcome to Bragg. If you ever want to try 3 gun, come on out to Carolina guns and gear out in Franklinville. Monthly 3 gun matches. Lots of guys from Bragg go and shoot up there.

http://www.carolina3gun.net
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 11:34:57 PM EDT
[#17]
The range complex is still open. 12/hr for 100 yard, 20/hr for 600 yard. It's quite the place if you have never been. Seems a lot of places are hovering around that 20 per hr mark
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top