Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2016 9:16:51 PM EDT
Heading down from PA to Statesville for a wedding.  We are planning on leaving PA early on Friday Sept. 30th and taking a slow ride down, wedding is Saturday the first around 4PM.

Probably going to head down I-81 and then maybe 220 at Roanoke but not sure.

Any suggestions on what to to, the wife like wine and we enjoy hitting wineries?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Link Posted: 9/7/2016 2:48:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Or ya could come down 81 and catch 77.
But central Va. (Charlottesville & Roanoke) is definitely wine country.
Around Statesville there's a neat l'il place called "Love Valley" (35.986239, -80.989530).
I haven't been there in years but last time I was there it was still a real "old West" town ya couldn't drive in. Just walking or horseback. Kinda neat if ya like such.
There's a plethora of small wineries in that area as well IIRC. And there's Lake Norman just down the road a bit.  d:^)
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 4:13:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:57:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys....looks like on Sunday , we will be heading to the Bilmore Estate.

We will hitting some wineries on Friday afternoon

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:55:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Not a whole lot to do, but I am from there and retired in Olin which is only 10 minutes away.

If you need anything let me know.

Free
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:56:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Or ya could come down 81 and catch 77.

But central Va. (Charlottesville & Roanoke) is definitely wine country.

Around Statesville there's a neat l'il place called "Love Valley" (35.986239, -80.989530).

I haven't been there in years but last time I was there it was still a real "old West" town ya couldn't drive in. Just walking or horseback. Kinda neat if ya like such.

There's a plethora of small wineries in that area as well IIRC. And there's Lake Norman just down the road a bit.  d:^)
View Quote
yep its 10 mins from my house and my sister lives 5 mins away from it.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:54:18 AM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not a whole lot to do, but I am from there and retired in Olin which is only 10 minutes away.

If you need anything let me know.

Free
View Quote
haha this is strange, for some reason I always pictured you living in eastern NC, but instead we live in the same county.

I don't know why, must have been something you posted once.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 6:07:26 AM EDT
[#7]
There's two National Cemeteries in Statesville.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top