Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2016 10:27:15 PM EDT
What range is everyone going to? I am thinking about getting a membership either at triangle shooting academy, wake county safety and training range, or range 37 psr.
Any suggestions?
thanks!
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 12:30:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Wake county range requires you take the range safety class before shooting. The classes are offered a number of times every month. After that you only pay hourly fee, no "membership" per se. It's not perfect but I like shooting there. It does get busy often, especially on the weekends, but it's nice to be able to shoot 100yd indoors when the weather is crappy. They offer a variety of classes at reasonable prices and have some great stuff for female shooters.

I also have a membership at Triangle Shooting Academy. Only been a couple of times so far, but it is a very nice, new facility. Motorized targets, decent lighting, ventilation, and soundproofing.  You get a free submachinegun rental for your birthday (have to buy their ammo though).  There is a cafe inside with decent food. They are also starting to offer more classes and have nice classroom facilities. Have yet to determine if it's worth the membership dues, but have enjoyed shooting there so far.

Went to range 37 once with a buddy who had a membership.  It's too far to be practical for me.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 1:00:44 AM EDT
[#2]
yea i had the same thought on 37 as well, and i figured the wake range was always packed. Do you normally have to wait at triangle shooting academy to shoot?
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 7:43:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I have not had to wait but, also haven't been there at what are probably peak times. FYI they are (maybe already have by now) opening an archery range (outdoors), and a 100yd indoor range sometime in the future.  There is also an electronic simulator room which looks pretty cool.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 8:04:45 PM EDT
[#4]
The Wake County range is open on a few weeknights. On Thursday it tends to be pretty empty. That's typically when I go, but I really only go to zero rifles.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top