Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2016 6:30:06 PM EDT

Disclaimer:  I am in no way affiliated with C&E

So C&E and Dixie swapped venues.  Today we went to the C&E show at Metrolina and wow what a difference.

Admission is $10 which is too much, but I was surprised at the number of vendors and the stuff for sale.  Prices were in line with past shows.

Just thought I'd let you know

Link Posted: 2/20/2016 6:45:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Good to know.  Thanks for sharing.
Any powder available?  Reasonable prices?
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 7:02:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good to know.  Thanks for sharing.
Any powder available?  Reasonable prices?
View Quote

I'm not a reloader but it appeared there was a lot of powder, and sorry, I didn't look at prices.

Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:33:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Were all three buildings and the area between the two back buildings full of vendors?
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:49:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Were there lots of AR related stuff? Any stripped lowers? Thinking of going tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 11:46:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Was the $10 before or after the coupon discount?   They may be getting greedy and the shopping factor is becoming harder to offset the cover price with online deals. C&E may be testing the waters to break the $10 price barriers, like Hollywood did with movies first in New york  several years back and music industry testing the $100+ dollars concert tickets with the eagles reunion. Few people will walk away at the door....     With one show left at the venue C&E can do the old promoter burn it to the ground for prices and public relations that has existed through all entertainment industries.

How were the crowds?  

The selection difference, was it different vendors?

More surplus and parts? If so which era or firearms?   Was it more  options than the boxes of the same exact model of firearm at  dealer after dealer?  Were the same dealers with same stock from as far back as  I can remember there or absent. You recognize each one of their firearms as if it was in your safe, since they never seem to sell anything. In business with the same stock since 1991(or earlier).....

Were the regular main/good  Vendors there?     Like the discount ammo pallet folks, Q.T., G.A., P.M.,  and several others who are always must  hit for your shopping needs and collecting needs.

Was the entrance security extremely stupid with the  invasively body contact wanding everyone down? Despite the fact they are openly carrying knives and guns on their sides,pockets, ect.?

Any notice of an increase of small tables from groups of friends,  since I'm guessing there may have been some fill in options.

It sounds that the people who had booked with Dixie rolled with C&E taking over the spots, since they had booked the show dates in their plans. I wonder if the higher cover was to give lower table costs.  

I hope to see for myself tomorrow/Sunday and will add a review to a gun listing show thread I'm trying to keep current with reviews about where shows are for quality and selections.  Is it ok if I quote your post in it for a review on that thread or would you prefer a link to your thread ?     Sadly it will only help for the two shows, but for the weekend of April 9th & 10th when both venues/promoters have a show in Charlotte it may help people decide which one to hit. If anyone else is up to also please add a show report on that thread. I try to keep the next show listing current at the top of dates for NC and SC

Link Posted: 2/21/2016 11:30:47 AM EDT
[#6]
C&E is doing 2 shows there this year. Last one is in April.

Metrolina has been sold. That's why Dixie moved over to the Park Expo by Bojangles coliseum over on 74. C&E slid in to get in 2 more shows and then it's done. Subdivision going in on the the property.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 11:44:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 2:15:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The Quantico Team is here, but in building C this time. Stop buy and check us out.

5/$50 10/$90 G2 Black Pmags

$210 for 1,000 rds of 9mm

$175 for 500rds of 5.56

Lots of other great deals and our normal assortment of weapons and accessories.

View Quote

Thanks for the heads up on the booth location change. Might have missed hitting you and assumed you weren't there, if   time was running short.

Any more info  on QZI cases of ammo mention as a group buy on Quantico Tactical ZQI 5.56mmm case SS109 1,200 rd case group buy thread ? i was wanted to know if this one of the shows  where we can pay/pick it up.  Holding the cash aside in reserve or is it free to spend since there will be time to replace it.   If  "NC Hometown"  mustered enough people to make it happen yet.....

Link Posted: 2/21/2016 4:50:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 12:15:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I thought it was a good show.  C&E did a bunch of shows in VA that we used to go to.  

Good seeing Quantico Tactical there.  I took the few remaining CMC 1911 mags on Sunday.  Best price on CMC mags by far at the show.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 6:59:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
C&E is doing 2 shows there this year. Last one is in April.

Metrolina has been sold. That's why Dixie moved over to the Park Expo by Bojangles coliseum over on 74. C&E slid in to get in 2 more shows and then it's done. Subdivision going in on the the property.
View Quote

Thanks for this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top