Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2015 9:09:34 PM EDT
Taking a trip to NC this weekend and for the week to Topsail Beach. I know VA and NC have CCW reciprocity, but are there any other go/no go's for NC? For example, I usually keep an AR under my back seat of my truck and a bunch of mags. Is that ok in NC?

Thanks in advance for any info or pointers
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:38:25 PM EDT
[#1]
A lot of local municipalities ban guns on city property and it's honestly not easy to know which ones do or don't. Other than that you're good to carry basically anywhere that isn't posted. In NC there's no specific language that had to be posted banning guns like some states require. Restaurants, movie theatres, etc are all good now thanks to Governor McCrory

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:12:18 PM EDT
[#2]
In NC your carry permit only covers handguns so an AR concealed within reach in the car will land you with a concealed weapons charge. Best to lock the AR in a case and that should cover you. NC doesn't differentiate between loaded and unloaded so don't think just because the mags are separate your covered.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:39:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In NC your carry permit only covers handguns so an AR concealed within reach in the car will land you with a concealed weapons charge. Best to lock the AR in a case and that should cover you. NC doesn't differentiate between loaded and unloaded so don't think just because the mags are separate your covered.
View Quote

Thats good to know,thanks!

So if I had my AR pistol under the seat instead, Id be ok?
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 5:49:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes sir....  
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 6:51:48 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yes sir....  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes sir....  
Yup. AR pistol is the way to go.

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:25:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

What a stupid ass law. How is anyone supposed to take their guns to the range? I usually keep mine under the seat on the way to the range.

NC needs to do like MS. Your vehicle is the same as your house. You can carry a gun anywhere in the vehicle without needing any sort of CCW.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:38:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

What a stupid ass law. How is anyone supposed to take their guns to the range? I usually keep mine under the seat on the way to the range.

NC needs to do like MS. Your vehicle is the same as your house. You can carry a gun anywhere in the vehicle without needing any sort of CCW.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

While it may be a stupid law, it's still the law and not worth loosing your ability to purchase and own guns over. A simple locked case (or maybe even a cable lock through the action) will suffice if you have to carry a long gun in the passenger compartment.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 6:32:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In the bed of your ur truck of course.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 6:40:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 4:41:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Don't forget that in NC if you have official contact with an LEO you must info that you have a CHP and are carrying.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 11:06:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote
Are these forms of carry okay?

Link Posted: 9/12/2015 12:07:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Are these forms of carry okay?
View Quote

Hondo, you know they make them boom-sticks a little shorter these days, right?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top