[#1]
Quoted:
Thunderbirds and Kellie Pickler Headlining

Wings over Wayne Airshow
View Quote

I wish!

Link Posted: 5/14/2015 10:49:53 PM EDT
[#2]
We build fuel controls for the 18s and 16s at work, amongst others. Would be cool to see, haven't been to a modern show since my new job.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 11:13:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Awe, man.  Last time I went to an airshow was at Pope AFB if that tells anybody anything.  My daughter graduates on Friday and the younger one has a Prom on Sunday.  Worst weekend EVER to have something I want to do.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 4:31:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Me and my boy are pretty excited about it.  It's all he's talked about for the past couple weeks.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 6:42:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Me and my boy are pretty excited about it.  It's all he's talked about for the past couple weeks.
View Quote

Mine too. Taking the wife and my son.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 1:45:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I was a little disappointed that the aerial shows started ahead of schedule.  We were stuck waiting on a shuttle when Tora Tora Tora started.

The combined arms demo was cool though.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 9:34:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I was shooting a 3-gun match about a mile from the air field. I had no idea about the air show until the range got buzzed by A10s and F15s. The Thunderbirds also did a bunch of maneuvers directly over the range. I've never thought of an airshow as something I'd want to go to, but that was really cool.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 10:45:26 PM EDT
[#8]
If anyone goes tomorrow/Sunday, the rules have changed.

You CAN bring in water bottles.  There was water buffaloes hidden away in a couple places to refill bottles.

Bottled water was free at some locations, but also for sale from vendors for $3/bottle.  Soda was $4.  And I over heard someone say a very small beer was $12.

Like any event, traffic in and out was terrible.  Actually we tailgated afterwards and had a couple sammichs and waited for the traffic to die down so it wasnt too bad for us.  Getting on the shuttle buses was very unorganized.  Tailgating is against their rules but no one seemed to care.

Link Posted: 5/17/2015 7:11:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Had a great time.  Ran in to Wufman good to see ya brother.  Food and drink was WAY over priced but OK since it was free to get in.  The lines for the food was the most annoying.

Where was the Osprey, Apache and Blackhawk?  Plenty of Ospreys at Lejune.  

All in all it was a great show.  Cool to see the A-10s flying, F-22  and F35 was awesome. We didn't make it to the Thunderbirds but last time I saw them it they were so fast you only saw them for a few seconds.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 8:56:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Had a great time.  Ran in to Wufman good to see ya brother.  Food and drink was WAY over priced but OK since it was free to get in.  The lines for the food was the most annoying.

Where was the Osprey, Apache and Blackhawk?  Plenty of Ospreys at Lejune.  

All in all it was a great show.  Cool to see the A-10s flying, F-22  and F35 was awesome. We didn't make it to the Thunderbirds but last time I saw them it they were so fast you only saw them for a few seconds.
View Quote

Of all the people to run into 3 1/2 hours from home and amongst 120,000 people. Good to see you too. Hope you guys make it next week.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top